PDA

View Full Version : Life in limbo in Chinese village that does not exist

Gerald
10-13-11, 01:54 PM
The men of Blue Dragon village are taking in their autumn harvest, fanning out in small teams across their fields.Corncobs litter the land. The men pick them up by hand and throw them into waiting tractor trailers.It is a typical scene in China's countryside. But this is no ordinary village. As far as the authorities are concerned, it does not exist. You cannot find it on any map. The power cables have all been cut.None of the dozens of families in Blue Dragon village has official ID cards required for social services, and to travel and work around the country. "I just want my identity back," says Liang Qiquan, a farmer. "The government promised that it would address this issue but it never did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15285839

Note: 13 October 2011 Last updated at 07:35 GMT

Gerald
10-13-11, 03:07 PM
Yes,:up:

Oberon
10-13-11, 03:15 PM
Nurse, he's replying to himself again! :timeout:

Gerald
10-13-11, 03:18 PM
Nurse, he's replying to himself again! :timeout: I completed my work ... but do not let the men with the white coats come, it sounds like an idea that they will find it difficult to implement, :haha:

kraznyi_oktjabr
10-13-11, 03:43 PM
I completed my work ... but do not let the men with the white coats come, it sounds like an idea that they will find it difficult to implement, :haha:Do you mean they would need collegiate help from boys in blues with pepper spray and tazer? :hmmm:

soopaman2
10-13-11, 03:47 PM
Do you mean they would need collegiate help from boys in blues with pepper spray and tazer? :hmmm:

Yes, the proven specialty of Chinese peace officers and NYPD Wall Street Thugs. (Tony Baloney anyone?)

Gerald
10-13-11, 03:47 PM
They're going to need more than that stuff, maybe something extraterrestrial, :haha:

Jimbuna
10-13-11, 06:58 PM
Nurse, he's replying to himself again! :timeout:

Nothing unusual there then :doh:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FebFCfbHpfM/R6UfYCyZJnI/AAAAAAAAAG4/Rv3p9pMCFBE/s400/crazy_man_straight_jacket_lg_wht.gif

kiwi_2005
10-14-11, 01:44 PM
They live of the land, they wouldn't pay any taxes being in limbo and all, the laws wouldn't apply to them cause they don't exist, sounds like they are in paradise to me.

the_tyrant
10-14-11, 02:55 PM
The efffin Chinese ID system

they have something called the ID book

its 1 per family

I have heard of many "evil in-law" stories. Since in some cases, the in-law has the right to deny your child an ID