PDA

View Full Version : Music Animation Machine

frau kaleun
10-08-11, 07:44 PM
I expect this has been around for a while and I just now stumbled on it, but it's really cool!

It's a collection of videos that are graphical representations of musical scores, set to play in time along with the compositions they represent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/smalin

I'm watching the Große Fuge play in another window. :yeah:

MothBalls
10-08-11, 11:27 PM
This is great. I went to his site and downloaded the player, checking out tons of stuff. Bunch of different ways to visualize the music. Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Next step, how to get it to play monkeyrumband hits.

frau kaleun
10-08-11, 11:30 PM
I wish I could get something like that as a visualization in WMP. OTOH, I can see me totally not getting any work done because I've got it running fullscreen and have been hyp-mo-tized by "watching" the music instead of just listening to it while I'm taking care of other business. :O:

Sailor Steve
10-08-11, 11:35 PM
Me like. Of course my simple mind also likes to watch the color volume bars that some music players display.

@ Mothballs: :o Thanks for the pitch. We're going into a real studio in a couple of weeks. No more of this homemade stuff. :D

joea
10-09-11, 04:54 AM
I've been subscribed to that guy's channel for ages. Still not really into the visualisers though. Tend to listen to a lot of streaming radio these days (Swiss Jazz is on as I type playing some local group I never heard of but gooood). :up:

MothBalls
10-09-11, 10:58 AM
Me like. Of course my simple mind also likes to watch the color volume bars that some music players display.

@ Mothballs: :o Thanks for the pitch. We're going into a real studio in a couple of weeks. No more of this homemade stuff. :DGreat to hear you guys got access to a studio. Looking forward to hearing/seeing the music. Make sure you get plenty of vids, save some for subsim exclusives, so we can all say "We knew them before they were famous".

krashkart
10-09-11, 11:05 AM
We're going into a real studio in a couple of weeks. No more of this homemade stuff. :D

I wish my old garage band had had the resources to do that. Still have the master tape that was recorded on a 4-track. Anyway, great news, Steve. Are you guys going to have some CD's pressed? :)

Sailor Steve
10-09-11, 12:12 PM
Are you guys going to have some CD's pressed? :)
That's the idea. :sunny: We've come up with some money, and the engineer is going to cut us a good deal. We played in a band with a very long time ago, and just recently reconnected. He went from that band to a career as a producer and engineer.

Oh, and for all you naysayers, we found each other, as well as a few other old friends, on FaceBook. :O:

Jimbuna
10-09-11, 03:12 PM
Good luck Steve, I'm sure the venture will be a success....I really rate the groups music :sunny:

Krauter
10-09-11, 03:34 PM
Thanks a lot for this Frau!