PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get back into sh4!

Aviv
10-06-11, 03:08 PM
Okay so a couple of monthes back i decieded to take a little break from SH4, and I uninstalled it. But now i'm settled into my new home for a couple of weeks I want to get back into sinking ships and sailing around until sunrise. But tonight I tried to install it again, but it won't! I get as far as "The Installsheid wizard is installing Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" but nothing happens. Before you get a neat background and the blue bar fills but this time I get nothing. Just the blue bar stays where he is! Tonight I'll have to install another game to play, which is a shame cause i chose SH4. I guess it just doesn't want to be played :(

Daniel Prates
10-06-11, 03:18 PM
What is it? Steam, hardcopy, what?

Aviv
10-06-11, 03:34 PM
Hardcopy. I think it might be a problem with the InstallShield. Any ideas?

WernherVonTrapp
10-06-11, 06:04 PM
Try going to the Microsoft website, download and reinstall the Microsoft Installer, it's free. See if that helps.

Aviv
10-14-11, 05:53 PM
Okay actually I did try what you said, but I didn't really know what I was doing, I just fooled around with some stuff, and I decieded that maybe my computer doesn't want me to play it. So since the last time i posted I played and completed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (pretty cool game). And now I'm trying sh4 again and it seems to be installing correctly. I don't know if I fixed anything or what, but so far so good!

Expect to see me back trolling in the forums!