PDA

View Full Version : Air Radar Issue

Systemlord
10-06-11, 01:53 AM
It's May 1945 and I just recently upgraded to a new air search radar (antenna spins quite fast) that cost me about 1500 renown, problem is every time an enemy airplane if found their right on top of me dropping bombs! Seems like a huge downgrade to me or is there something I am missing?

WernherVonTrapp
10-06-11, 07:41 AM
Well, you don't really give any information that anyone can use to help solve the problem, so I'll ask the basics. What version of SHIV are you using? Are you running any mods and if so, what order are they installed in? What radar is now installed and what was installed prior to the upgrade?

Daniel Prates
10-06-11, 08:17 AM
Also, were you warping in high time compression when the radar contact manifested?

Systemlord
10-06-11, 04:48 PM
Also, were you warping in high time compression when the radar contact manifested?

I'm running V1.5 no mods, before I upgraded I was using the Improved SD Radar and upgraded to the SV Radar. As far as using time compression I typically use 2048 on the open sea which has never given me trouble before upgrading to the SV Radar, so I started my 18th patrol over again (war has ended) with the Improved SD Radar and no problems this time at any time compression speed.

jldjs
10-07-11, 08:17 PM
I'm running V1.5 no mods, before I upgraded I was using the Improved SD Radar and upgraded to the SV Radar. As far as using time compression I typically use 2048 on the open sea which has never given me trouble before upgrading to the SV Radar, so I started my 18th patrol over again (war has ended) with the Improved SD Radar and no problems this time at any time compression speed.

I'm running TMO 2.1, it's Mar 1945, I just upgraded to the SV radar and all works well. It detects aircraft at a long range with plenty of time to react. I also use TC and it drops to 1 as soon as aircraft is detected.

Systemlord
10-08-11, 02:16 AM
I'm running TMO 2.1, it's Mar 1945, I just upgraded to the SV radar and all works well. It detects aircraft at a long range with plenty of time to react. I also use TC and it drops to 1 as soon as aircraft is detected.

Perhaps somehow when I upgraded to the SV radar what actually happened was that I really had no radar at all, as far as the range of detection was the seeing ability of the deck watch crew. The Improved SD Radar gave me incredible range, the kind of range of a several miles, the range selection (on the SV) knob didn't seen to help at all. BTW what do you set as far as range, do you max it out? I'll load from port and buy it again and go back out to see if things repeat.

WernherVonTrapp
10-08-11, 06:29 PM
Perhaps somehow when I upgraded to the SV radar what actually happened was that I really had no radar at all, as far as the range of detection was the seeing ability of the deck watch crew. The Improved SD Radar gave me incredible range, the kind of range of a several miles, the range selection (on the SV) knob didn't seen to help at all. BTW what do you set as far as range, do you max it out? I'll load from port and buy it again and go back out to see if things repeat. I usually turn the knob to maximum range, not that it makes any difference that I know of, but more out of a (What could it hurt?) philosophy. I initially suspected the possibility that you may have encountered an issue involving incorrectly installed SV radar or saving after the upgrade but there was no way for me to know for sure. On top of that, if you're not sure what happened, it complicates any explanation of the possibilities on my part. Anyway, I'm glad you got things going again.:up: