PDA

View Full Version : Balmy UK autumn weather

papa_smurf
10-01-11, 02:38 PM
So, how hot has it been for us UK lot? For me, today its been around 23-24 degrees, and looks like it will stay warm until middle of next week. BBQ tomorrow with the family:D

Betonov
10-01-11, 02:45 PM
Same here. Summer weather till thursday. Gonna go to the seaside on monday, go for a swim

magicstix
10-01-11, 02:55 PM
Winter has come early in the States, it's been unseasonably cold the moment Fall started.

Oberon
10-01-11, 03:28 PM
Aye, glad I've got this weekend off...next week is going to be a busy one though, I can just tell. :doh:

Gerald
10-01-11, 03:31 PM
Same here. Summer weather till thursday. Gonna go to the seaside on monday, go for a swim Don't forget the women :DL

Jimbuna
10-01-11, 06:18 PM
Aye, glad I've got this weekend off...next week is going to be a busy one though, I can just tell. :doh:

Jammy bugga....I'm working this weekend but off next when it'll probably be pissistently raining :DL

Sailor Steve
10-01-11, 06:22 PM
Here in the high desert it reached a very pleasant 30 degrees, your style (86 for my 'Merkin buddies).

jumpy
10-01-11, 06:27 PM
Too damn hot for me... close to 30c for the last several days. I've just unpacked all of my autumn/winter hiking gear too - I was looking forward to not sweating my arse off when out walking.

nikimcbee
10-03-11, 08:44 AM
Went out to the coast on Thursday to watch the first rain of the year roll in. Tne McBees got a good run on the beach. I watched for whales for a bit, then headed for home. (didn't see any)

Rockstar
10-03-11, 09:18 AM
Speaking of British weather. Wasn't there a neighborhood in London that became French because of an old treaty that somebody found? Instantly the food and weather improved. But in the end when the treaty is torn up the neighborhood reverts back to Britain and it immediately starts cooling and pouring rain.

STEED
10-03-11, 03:11 PM
Too damn hot for me... close to 30c for the last several days.

What up the Midlands!

HA HA HA HA HA...Now you had a feel of the SE Weather we get. :sunny:

Rhodes
10-03-11, 03:56 PM
A shy Autumn here also. Summer days untill next weekend!

jumpy
10-04-11, 09:26 AM
What up the Midlands!

HA HA HA HA HA...Now you had a feel of the SE Weather we get. :sunny:

lol
I don't mind a bit of hot weather, but it's never consistent here so you never get time to adjust to it comfortably.
No sea breeze here either :x

STEED
10-04-11, 12:35 PM
Cooler and fresher here...Bliss. :)

Egan
10-04-11, 12:47 PM
Freezing right now. Windy and showers too. Snow forecast for the weekend...:cry:

Jimbuna
10-04-11, 12:51 PM
Not as warm and the winds are starting to appear.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6290/windstorm1fz1.gif

Oberon
10-04-11, 01:12 PM
Tail end of one of the US's Hurricanes on the way apparently.

jumpy
10-04-11, 01:16 PM
Freezing right now. Windy and showers too. Snow forecast for the weekend...:cry:

haha, so it is true what they say...

it's grim up north

:arrgh!:

Egan
10-04-11, 01:30 PM
haha, so it is true what they say...

it's grim up north

:arrgh!:

Has been this week, that's for sure. I'm thinking about putting the heating on this week and I don't normally do that for at least another month.

Snow, in October for goodness sake.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nasty....

Gerald
10-04-11, 01:35 PM
Excellent sailing weather,severe weather, I prefer, in front of "light winds" :sunny:

STEED
10-04-11, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking about putting the heating on this week and I don't normally do that for at least another month.

I've had the Air Conditioner on full blast and three fans going like the clappers for the last seven odd days. Sleepless nights resulting in drinking great numbers of mugs of black coffee. :88):dead::haha:

Egan
10-04-11, 02:10 PM
I've had the Air Conditioner on full blast and three fans going like the clappers for the last seven odd days. Sleepless nights resulting in drinking great numbers of mugs of black coffee. :88):dead::haha:

When you guys had it really hot last week it was almost perfect Autumn weather here, Warm sunny days and cold, frosty nights: perfect cider weather in fact. :yeah:

Jimbuna
10-04-11, 02:22 PM
Has been this week, that's for sure. I'm thinking about putting the heating on this week and I don't normally do that for at least another month.

Snow, in October for goodness sake.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nasty....

When you guys had it really hot last week it was almost perfect Autumn weather here, Warm sunny days and cold, frosty nights: perfect cider weather in fact. :yeah:

Ditto.

Betonov
10-04-11, 03:26 PM
Fridays forecast: rain, cold and snow from 600m altitude up. And guess on what altitude my house is :o

Sailor Steve
10-04-11, 03:36 PM
We had a couple of fresh rainstorms pass through today and now it's sunny again. :sunny:

Egan
10-04-11, 04:11 PM
We had a couple of fresh rainstorms pass through today and now it's sunny again. :sunny:

Ah, the joys of living far, far away from a rock in the north Atlantic!

And with perfect - and utterly typical - timing, the heating at the university I work at has been switched off at last and the Aircon is finally blowing lots of lovely cool air as the temperature outside plummets.