PDA

View Full Version : German parliament approves expanded EU bailout fund

the_tyrant
09-29-11, 08:15 AM
A large majority in the German parliament has approved expanded powers for the EU's main bailout fund.

The vote was seen as a test of Chancellor Angela Merkel's authority, as some in her coalition vowed to oppose the bill.

Many Germans are against committing more money to prop up struggling eurozone members such as Greece.

There are protests in Athens where international inspectors are due for talks on further bailout funds.

The measure is expected to pass in Germany's upper house of parliament, where it will be put to a vote on Friday.

Five-hundred and twenty-three deputies in the Bundestag approved the bill, 85 voted against and three abstained in the 620-seat chamber. Nine members were not present.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15107538

picking up the slack from Vendor!:arrgh!:

Skybird
09-29-11, 08:40 AM
And the lemmings move on.

I wonder why no Germans, especially not the youn g ones and the bgeinning fo their job career and maybe wanting to raise families, I wonder why my German countrymen do not march by the hundreds of thousand in the streets, why they do not paralyse public life by blocking traffic and business and parliament in Berlin and elsewhere.

They bill will be theirs to pay. And they will pay it with poverty at high age, more and higher taxes for less service, inflation, and devaluation of savings.

My German lemming countrymen must be very stupid a lifeform. They will not protest before it is too late and the maximum damage has been done.

Maybe that is why in the past months my sympathy and anger has faded. We will get what we deserve by your passivity and "optimism". And it will serve us right.

The early implementation of the Euro, decades too early, probably is the biggest political disaster in the West since WWII.

Meanwhile, just today German politicians of the Merkel party voice their anger that in the voting today and the final parliamentary discussion before, opponents of a German Yes were even allowed to speak in parliament!

The Slovenes have given up their resistence just days ago. And I fear it is just a question of time before the Fins get lectured and disciplined, too.

As said, the bill of this madness will be payed by the ordinary man, whose savings will get devalued massively, who will pay higher intrerests, and mroe and higher taxes. Not too high a price for the narcisstic self-glorification of the neo-feudal elites. There will be a EU economy government and a EU-collected EU tax and a EU planned economy plan within the forseeable time, too. It really looks more and more identical to what the Soviet system was like.

And the recipe of Geithner? Make more debts, he says. So says the biggest debtor ever in man's known and written history. And the self-claimed messiah of true democracy at the same time betrays and steals from his own people, because that is what inflation is: it is reducing the state's debts by stealing value from the private owners of monetarian value, the davaluing of private savings is the gain of the state. Protesting Americans should stand by the millions in the streets, too. It seems they are as dumb and phlegmatic as us stupid Germans.

FUBAR. From A to Z. Everything's FUBAR.

Thomen
09-29-11, 08:58 AM
And the lemmings move on.

I wonder why no Germans, especially not the youn g ones and the bgeinning fo their job career and maybe wanting to raise families, I wonder why my German countrymen do not march by the hundreds of thousand in the streets, why they do not paralyse public life by blocking traffic and business and parliament in Berlin and elsewhere.

They bill will be theirs to pay. And they will pay it with poverty at high age, more and higher taxes for less service, inflation, and devaluation of savings.

My German lemming countrymen must be very stupid a lifeform. They will not protest before it is too late and the maximum damage has been done.

While I do share your sentiment about the bailouts, I do however object to the label as Lemmings. If you think the German nowadays are lemmings, what makes that you? You talk big on a message board rather than going out and protesting. :D

Just saying... it seemed rather odd to me.

Politics and even politicians are always the same, anywhere. And even if they were protesting it would make no difference at all, because the big wigs assume that "der kleine Mann" is unable to take care of himself. Seems to be somewhat of a universal rule in politics.

So yes, it totally stinks. But generalizing is not necessary and it wont change a thing. I just hope that that my fellow Germans grow enough brain to get rid of Merkel in next election.

:shifty:

Damn.. just did it myself.

Well, anyways, everyone I have talked to back in Germany is against the bailouts of Greece and whoever and extremely upset or mad about Merkel and the Government

the_tyrant
09-29-11, 09:10 AM
@Skybird
Have you considered giving your opinion to the nice people at BBC?
I mean, they ask:

Are you in Germany? What is your reaction to the vote? How should Germany help those eurozone countries in difficulty? You can send us your views using the form below.

Skybird
09-29-11, 09:39 AM
While I do share your sentiment about the bailouts, I do however object to the label as Lemmings. If you think the German nowadays are lemmings, what makes that you? You talk big on a message board rather than going out and protesting. :D

I am also against creeping Islam - and I was actively engaged, actively supported court proceedings, went from housedoor to housedoor, and accepted to take personal risks and even got letters with threats of murder. I told those stories before, didn'T I.

I may not walk from door to door anymore when it comes to the EU's many issues, but I am anything but silent about it in my real life - I let everybody meeting me and bringing the talking to these issues know for sure and try to ring people'S bells. But I meet little or no sympathy. You cannot even bring people to not voting for these criminals anymore about whom they complain. In the end, most people close the talking by saying so,mething like "But somebody you just HAVE to vote for.". And so the vote for somebody about which they complain before, during and after the vote. The freedom to vote imo should be denied to such voters. If the freedom to vote gets carelessly handled like this, gets abused, then it is the erosion of a fundamental and necessary part of understanding of democracy.

So yes, it is a march of the lemmings, if I may borrow that term from Henkel. Lemmings in two coats: the politically coloured ones, and the ordinary people-coloured one. Just being agaimst Merkel'S course, is nothing if people do not draw conseqeunces froim it. And fact is: most people, almost all, don't. And the SPD and the Greens - would run in Merkel'S track at even hgiher pace. Steinbrück wrote second-last weekend he wants to change the EU treaties such that not only the prohibition of one state bailung out the other gets deleted, but that the German obligation to bail out others gets anchored in it once and for all times, irreversibly.

Merkel is a worst case. The SPD also is a worst case, just under a different label. That leaves you with the only option to hope that a miracly or a natural disaster will eradicate the very system itsefl, and all its protagonists and defenders.

Skybird
09-29-11, 09:49 AM
@Skybird
Have you considered giving your opinion to the nice people at BBC?
I mean, they ask:

Are you in Germany? What is your reaction to the vote? How should Germany help those eurozone countries in difficulty? You can send us your views using the form below.
As a mater of fact, and by coincidence, I already have. But as usual, like the three or four times before I tried that in past years, so far there is no note of what I wrote (in polite, neutral words). BBC does not publish everything sent to them.

QUARRY
09-29-11, 10:26 AM
It is true, the BBC will publish what they feel, and do not stand out too much, relatively centralized state, like other news services.

Tribesman
09-29-11, 11:02 AM
I may not walk from door to door anymore when it comes to the EU's many issues, but I am anything but silent about it in my real life - I let everybody meeting me and bringing the talking to these issues know for sure and try to ring people'S bells. But I meet little or no sympathy.
That is very easily explained.
Both on the EU and on Skybirds other favourite subject he manage to take real important issues and destroy both the message and the credibility of the message by diverging into very obvious falsehoods on the subjects.
When confronted by the demonstrable falseness of parts of the claims he tends to make the false bits the core of his arguement.
Anything concerning EU is just:yawn: as its...when is the secret hidden public document that only he read going to be rolled out to show the "truth" of the conspiracy?

As for the vote, you were buggered if the vote didn't go through, you may well be buggered if the long shot the vote enables doesn't work.
The vote was is essence a choice between lose/may lose.

sidslotm
09-29-11, 11:22 AM
I wonder why no Germans, especially not the youn g ones and the bgeinning fo their job career and maybe wanting to raise families, I wonder why my German countrymen do not march by the hundreds of thousand in the streets.

this is why

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Edward Bernayes.