Sailor Steve
09-28-11, 11:23 PM
Very nice! Great start. :rock:

WernherVonTrapp
09-29-11, 12:41 AM
Looks pretty cool. Good luck with it.:up:

TBear
09-29-11, 08:48 AM
hmmm think you got the site backwards lol.....enemy is US,Brit and others....IJN ftw lmao :) :arrgh!:

serius note...pretty darn good :) awsome work there :rock:

Armistead
09-29-11, 11:29 AM
for a start, impressive

Arlo
09-29-11, 11:30 AM
hmmm think you got the site backwards lol.....enemy is US,Brit and others....IJN ftw lmao :) :arrgh!:

serius note...pretty darn good :) awsome work there :rock:

http://www.wix.com/mumsiewumsie/uss-sea-tiger#!__the-enemy-reversed

:03:

Dogfish40
09-29-11, 11:31 AM
Wow Arlo...
I'm going through it right now and so for it looks fantastic. The sub pages are informative and the graphics are A1.
:yeah::up::salute:

Diopos
09-29-11, 01:28 PM
Excellent work sir! :up:

Hope you'll keep up the good work and enrich it!

Again :up:

Runnybabbit
09-29-11, 02:59 PM
Like the sub info pages.

Noted that the Narwhal page info starts on a blank sheet (at least on my updated firefox browser), whereas the others all start at the beginning of the text.

Other than that, no faults that I can see, you've completed a lot of detailed information in a very nice format, thanks!!:salute:

Daniel Prates
09-29-11, 04:30 PM
Very good indeed.

Dogfish40
09-30-11, 09:53 AM
Well Arlo,
I read through the rest of this thing and it's really good work!
Just great.
D40 :salute:

Arlo
09-30-11, 10:30 AM
I need to include credit where credit is due on that site. The information on the ship pages is gleaned from Wikipedia. Much of it is pared down due to character limitation in the paragraph scroll boxes. The ship profiles/color plates are temporary, pending permissions. This may cause me to become a profile/plate artist in my own right if they aren't forthcoming. The Youtube movies should be self-explanatory when it comes to their sources but the members who posted them will be credited. Initially, I'd hoped to use many of the fine game screenshots I've seen here on subsim .... but they're so many and difficult to pick and choose. I took to taking my own, even though my system's video card obviously doesn't have the bells and whistles some of the rest of the community has. I still can't help but notice that the screens I take in 'vanilla mode' (no mods) appear nicer to me. More like realistic paintings. Compare the Allied ships with the IJN and see if it's just me.

I think what inspired me was the repeated request for a game manual (though there is an electronic file one included in downloaded games and great pdf files included with mods). I was shooting for something on par with the manual included with the old Red Baron 3D sim (for those familiar) - something graphic intensive with a lot of technical and historical data. The Youtube movies were a whim while researching.

I do plan to fill out impressions, experiences and recommendations, regarding the mods (I'm just still playing with various combinations and compiling that info - anyone else who wishes to add their opinions and experiences welcome). It may take a bit because the site takes time from the game - I'm a working married stiff with kids and step-kids. ;)

:salute:

mobucks
09-30-11, 11:36 AM
very nice, I had a great time reading it. thankyou!:salute:

Arlo
10-01-11, 08:54 PM
updated domain name:

www.fleetboatsim.com