PDA

View Full Version : Does your car have a metal gas tank?

Rhodes
09-26-11, 04:03 PM
Or one made of plastic (or other material that is hard/durable, but not metal, sorry for the lack of translation of what I want to say).

A good friend of mine (SS107.9Hz here) had a unluky situation with his car two weeks ago. In the morning he went to work and the car showed 0km of fuel. He thought that was a strange situation and it may be a sensor malfunction or a burn fuse. He know that he had gas.
So he went to work and after luch he decided to go refuel, since he didn't know how much quantite had and he need the car. After refuling, the same indication of Km, but when he began to drive off the gas station, everyone there warned and shout to stop! The car was leaving a trail of gas!!!
He went looking the cause and the gas tank of his automobile was torn! Someone had riped off the tank for robing gas, he found out that the tank in that models are made of "plastic" and quite accessible.
He drives a seat ibiza of 2010, bought in december. New deposit= 438€, but at least since it was robbery, the insurence payed all!

Betonov
09-26-11, 04:14 PM
Too bad he's from Portugal, a little resin, a little glass fibers and some time and the tank is repaired. I rebuilt a fender on my car this way. I got all the material at home and it's free for subsimers :yep:

kranz
09-26-11, 04:23 PM
the advert shown in Polish TV stated:
"Seat. German technology, Spanish temperament".
I assume that they have decided to partially change their policy.

btw. if you thought Mad Max was a fiction, you were sooo wrong...

Skybird
09-26-11, 05:13 PM
My car's tank is made of pure imagination. Fueling it up is so very cheap!

kranz
09-27-11, 06:40 AM
sweet

Jimbuna
09-27-11, 06:53 AM
I drive a Ford Focus and I honestly couldn't say what the fuel tank is made of...never felt the need to look.

HunterICX
09-27-11, 06:56 AM
I drive a Ford Focus and I honestly couldn't say what the fuel tank is made of...never felt the need to look.

As long it isn't taking a piss you don't need too :03:

HunterICX

Jimbuna
09-27-11, 07:04 AM
LOL :DL

QUARRY
09-28-11, 04:14 PM
Many are made of various composites...