PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain pulls an upset in FL

Bubblehead1980
09-25-11, 12:24 PM
Herman Cain pulled what is seen as an upset by winning the non-binding Florida straw poll, defeating Rick Perry and other candidates.

This is great news, Cain is my choice , hope he really gains some traction and knocks the two phonies at the top off.Would love to see Cain debate Obama lol, Barry would not know what to do, not used to dealing with the truth.

magicstix
09-25-11, 12:28 PM
Gingrich is my #1 choice, but Cain is #2. I'm glad to see some of the better candidates getting traction over the top 2 bumpkins we have being crammed down our throats by the media.

nikimcbee
09-25-11, 12:52 PM
Herman Cain pulled what is seen as an upset by winning the non-binding Florida straw poll, defeating Rick Perry and other candidates.

This is great news, Cain is my choice , hope he really gains some traction and knocks the two phonies at the top off.Would love to see Cain debate Obama lol, Barry would not know what to do, not used to dealing with the truth.

I think it would be an interesting match up because BHO couldn't play the race card.

Still too early for me.:hmmm:

yubba
09-26-11, 05:16 PM
Way to go Herman, see us tea partier's aren't so bad and above all we ain't racist :O::O:

AVGWarhawk
09-26-11, 06:09 PM
I just read a interview with Cain. Interesting guy. Seems passionate yet angry. He is very bright and has the credentials to prove it. His tax code is very simple. 9-9-9. No loopholes. He will make this very interesting in 2012. Thus far he is the only candidate I like. Plus he is a rocket scientist!

Armistead
09-27-11, 02:13 AM
I'm glad Cain won and would prefer him over the two $500 haircuts, both out of touch with reality regardless of what they say. Please let the GOP show some sense and not go with the typical paid off silver spoon up the arse politician, crooked, yet mixed with fundie radical religion.

Obama should be easily defeated, but I fear he would defeat the same old Bush type politician we grew tired of.

I still prefer Paul, but I would take Cain.

Takeda Shingen
09-27-11, 05:16 AM
Way to go Herman, see us tea partier's aren't so bad and above all we ain't racist :O::O:

Sounds like a solid campaign slogan: Vote Tea Party. Not so bad and we aren't racists.

Bubblehead1980
09-27-11, 12:58 PM
I like Cain because he is not a politician, he is an intelligent, down to earth, self made businessman who actually cares, not pretends to in order to try and push some ideology.Not sure how I feel about the 9% national sales tax, would definitely want him to clarify what things would be taxed etc but am okay with the 9% on income and capital gains.My home state of FL has 7.5% and that is enough.Overall that, Cain is a great candidate and I am hopeful he will move further up.

Too bad he could not have been the first black President as opposed to the joke in there now.

Armistead
09-27-11, 01:29 PM
I like Cain because he is not a politician, he is an intelligent, down to earth, self made businessman who actually cares, not pretends to in order to try and push some ideology.Not sure how I feel about the 9% national sales tax, would definitely want him to clarify what things would be taxed etc but am okay with the 9% on income and capital gains.My home state of FL has 7.5% and that is enough.Overall that, Cain is a great candidate and I am hopeful he will move further up.

Too bad he could not have been the first black President as opposed to the joke in there now.

Obama and the Dems just don't seem to have a clue. I think correct targeted spending helps, but look at where so much of the spending went, a few 100 million on green projects that went bankrupt right after getting the money, unions, banks, etc..None of these would have an impact like mass tax cuts and less regulations for small business that create jobs at home. All incentives must be related to US job creation, not massive corp. breaks where the money will be invested to move yet more jobs overseas.
All corps are moving jobs overseas and would continue to do so regardless of tax breaks, let's work with those that work with us.

My only fear is big businessmen like Cain usually end up pandering to their friends, but rather risk that knowing the other runners will do so anyway.

CaptainHaplo
09-27-11, 06:15 PM
Herman is a very close second in my personal opinion. He is half a hair back from Newt. Both have great ideas, both are very great leaders in their own way. Cain however is just not where he needs to be on foreign policy - and that keeps him from the top of my list.

To his credit - he continues to learn on that front, so he may take the lead role.

Armistead
09-27-11, 09:48 PM
Herman is a very close second in my personal opinion. He is half a hair back from Newt. Both have great ideas, both are very great leaders in their own way. Cain however is just not where he needs to be on foreign policy - and that keeps him from the top of my list.

To his credit - he continues to learn on that front, so he may take the lead role.

What I like about Paul...stay out of the affairs of others, damn 10 year wars have broke us, hard to believe we won a world war in 4 years. I'm against war at most levels, the Afgan war a must, Iraq stupid, Libya involvement stupid, etc..., but when we go to war lay waste to the damn land.

CaptainHaplo
09-27-11, 09:57 PM
Armistead,

Unfortunately we cannot just concern ourselves with what is within our borders. I like Ron Paul on some fiscal issues, but he is way off track regarding FP.

The idea that we can just stick our head in the sand and let the world do as it wants while we sit within our white picket fence means that there will not be a leading, powerful voice to keep places like Iran from getting nukes. There won't be anyone working to stop terrorists from training in all parts of the world just to come to the US and blow people up. There will be no one in a position of strength to stop the next Hitler.

Neville Chamberlain wanted to stick his head in the sand. That cost the world an awful lot.

Now do not misunderstand - I totally agree with you on the issue of war (it is the option of LAST resort) and if your going to war, you don't do it halfway.

While 10 years of war has contributed to our financial strain - entitlement care is doing us in even more.