PDA

View Full Version : Can't get out of silent running mode in TMO 2.2

bogaty
09-11-11, 10:53 PM
Just fired up SHIV for the first time in a couple of years and I'm running into some oddities. I found that I can't use FSAA graphics anymore on my ATI as the damage skins don't show up if I do.

I've also found that I can enter silent running mode by pressing the Z key, but I can't seem to ever exit it. If I press the Z key again, it just says that silent running mode is active. The button on the control panel is blacked out. The only mods I have installed at TMO 2.0 and some KNX radio stations.

magic452
09-12-11, 01:06 AM
In TMO 2.0+ silent running will kick off as soon as you surface and you can't order it until you are showing submerged.

Is the silent running icon showing on the screen all the time or is it off?
That's the best indicator.

Magic

Armistead
09-12-11, 08:24 AM
If silent running is on, the button will be lit up, so not sure what you mean by blacked out, even if you get messages it's on. I sometimes get a bug if I alt tab a lot where it won't come on, so I save and reload and it works fine.

bogaty
09-12-11, 06:44 PM
What I mean is that the silent running toggle button is not selectable. It just appears grey all the time. I press the Z key to go into silent running mode and I get a verbal confirmation of the order. Speed drops to 1/3rd and all further verbal inoputs from the crew are presented in whispers, so I assume that I'm in silent running mode even though the icon does not light up. When I surface and go to full speed, there is still no change to the icon, the crew continues to whisper and I cannot get them to reload any torpedoes.

I've tried re-booting the PC, but that didn't work. Then I tried going into JSGME to disable and then re-enable the mods but that didn't work either. Then I just deleted my campaign and started a new one but no matter what I do, once I enter silent running mode, I'm still stuck in it for the rest of the patrol.

magic452
09-13-11, 01:04 AM
It's going to be a short patrol if you can't reload torpedoes.

Sounds like you got a bad install of something.
Try disabling all your mods and see what stock does.
If stock works right put mods in one at a time.
Might try fresh copies of the mods, could be something got screwed up there.

If it turns out to be a bad SH4 install when you reinstall it before you do anything else do a reboot and than make a copy of the entire SH4 DATA folder and put it in a safe place. You get problems later you can just replace the data folder and not have to reinstall the whole game. DO NOT PUT THE GAME IN PROGRAM FILES folder.
Do the same with any mods you download, make a safe copy and never install that copy.

Good luck,hope you get it fixed.
Magic

Edit Maybe I should wispier this. :know::D silent running is on.

WernherVonTrapp
09-13-11, 05:39 AM
What version of SHIV are you running, the Gold Edition w/U-Boat Expansion Pack (AKA version 1.5)?:hmmm:

bogaty
09-13-11, 07:12 PM
I bought the starforce infected DVD when the game was first released (patched up to v1.4)

Stock version runs fine. I can enter and exit silent running via the Z key. It's only in TMO that I can't exit it.

I've deleted and reinstalled it via JSGME but the problem's still there.

razark
09-13-11, 08:01 PM
I bought the starforce infected DVD when the game was first released (patched up to v1.4)
TMO 2.2 is only for the 1.5 version.

bogaty
09-13-11, 11:13 PM
Well, that explains that then.

Daniel Prates
09-18-11, 05:52 PM
Well, that explains that then.

Hehe. So it was the easiest of answers.

Get 1.5 ASAP, that is all I can tell you.