PDA

View Full Version : Mission scope

johnlax
09-05-11, 12:40 PM
Guys again sorry for newbie questions But I played SH I and liked it alot does SH IV have a variety of missions like SH I did? For example SH I had photo recon and pilot rescue Are these part of stock IV or they picked up with mods?? Thanks

razark
09-05-11, 12:49 PM
For example SH I had photo recon and pilot rescue Are these part of stock IV or they picked up with mods?? Thanks
Both of those are available, along with supply drops, agent insertions, and a few others.

Some mods make them a lot less frequent, but they do show up in stock.

WernherVonTrapp
09-05-11, 01:02 PM
In SHIV, you'll be given an assignment (mission) as soon as your boat leaves Home Port. Once you complete that mission, if you send in a contact report, they'll assign a new mission every time. Just be aware that, as long as you keep sending Contact Reports, they'll keep sending you new missions to complete, regardless of your fuel and ammo status, so just be prepared to maintain radio silence at your discretion.

As a side note, some of these missions include:
Photo Recons of harbors/reefs
Pilot Rescues
Agent Insertions
Weapons/Ammo Delivery
Combat Surveillance
Etc.

Now, if you're interested in/talking about Single Missions, SHIV comes with plenty of it's own (though some are FUBAR due to shoddy programming) but the mods correct these for the most part and members have created many additional missions that you can DL and install.
:salute:

Daniel Prates
09-09-11, 03:18 PM
I guess you will just have to play the game more until you actually see everything.