PDA

View Full Version : Instruction manuel?

johnlax
09-04-11, 09:08 PM
Guys in SH IV is there anykind of manuel that comes with the game or that has been developed by the community out there?? I love what GWS did for SH III and realize what a great labour of love that was any suggestions on SH IV

I'm goin' down
09-04-11, 09:40 PM
The answer is "No." However, there are several tutorials on every subject. You might want to start with the Skipper's Bag of Tricks sticky thread, or ask a question on a topic that interests you. Also, the search tool is a good way to finds information.

I'm goin' down
09-04-11, 09:41 PM
The answer is "No." The manual that comes with the game is basic, and pretty much useless. However, there are several tutorials on every subject. You might want to start with the Skipper's Bag of Tricks sticky thread, or ask a question on a topic that interests you. Also, the search tool is a good way to find information.

magic452
09-05-11, 01:58 AM
As I'm goin' down said not once but twice,:D the manual is junk.
This forum is the best manual around so just ask and you shall receive.
Just play around with the orders bar(HUD) and you will soon see what everything does. As you add mods things there will change some but mostly it is enplaned in the "readme's"

Looking at your join date I suspect you have a good deal of experience.
The "bag of Tricks" thread is loaded with stuff and also the mods thread.

Here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146795

And Mods here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155786

All the big supermods are very good and stable so you can have your pick without worrying about them running right.

There are two big differences between a U Boat and a Fleetboat.

First is the Fleetboat TDC and Position Keeper. Much different than you have used. There are a number of tutorials on it's use.

Second is that you get to live past May 43 and win the war.

Welcome to the Pacific

Magic

Matthew_T_Sherman
09-05-11, 10:56 AM
While I agree that stock game documentation doesn't provide much, I really appreciated the TMO pdf. It not only illustrated the changes made to the game and prepared me for them but it had that great sense of history (and love of it). My TMO immersion factor began with that document. :DL

Daniel Prates
09-05-11, 12:41 PM
This forum is the best manual around so just ask and you shall receive.

I might also add that normally everybody learns when someone starts a topic, any topic, so do feel encouraged to learn by asking here rathar than going to read something by yourself. Its a favour you do to yourself and to us altogether.

That said... who the hell is MANUEL? Some skipper from Lisbon? :DL