PDA

View Full Version : Just sharing with friends....

CaptainHaplo
08-19-11, 10:01 PM
After 20 years of working with computers and networks, I finally got off my lazy arse and went and got certified. 2 decades have seen me go from mux boxes to STP. Back then I had no idea what a WAN is, now I configure ACL's in my sleep, while awake I breath IDS and IPS. If you had asked me what a LAN was, I'd have looked at you funny. Today I'm up to my elbows in subnets and vlans.

So the time came for me to finally put up or shut up. Its official, I busted out the CCNA test and am looking forward to the CCNP whenever life permits. That one looks to be a wee bit more involved, but thats a good thing.

With all the bad news about the economy, politics, religious strife and whatnot, I figured I'd remind you all that no matter what the world does - make sure you work to better yourself and the lives of those that you care for. It may just be what is needed to allow you to help others later.

Sailor Steve
08-20-11, 12:49 AM
Cool. Licenses and certificates are good things. I may know a lot about some subjects, but I've never put the knowledge to good use because I've never had the paperwork.

Use it wisely and well.

Jimbuna
08-20-11, 05:17 AM
Congratulations, wishing you every success and reward for your efforts :sunny:

Diopos
08-20-11, 05:28 AM
With all the bad news about the economy, politics, religious strife and whatnot, I figured I'd remind you all that no matter what the world does - make sure you work to better yourself and the lives of those that you care for. It may just be what is needed to allow you to help others later.

:agree: