PDA

View Full Version : Mod soup issue?

EricW
08-05-11, 09:54 AM
I know that I've seen something about this, but I can't seem to find it.

I made a torp attack last night and as soon as my spread was about to hit I clicked on the event cam view to watch ( I know, I'm sick :D) Anyhow, as soon as my first mk14 hit (and actually exploded!!) my large freighter target lost its skin or texture...whatever you modding geniuses call it. Anyway, I was stuck watching a bunch of bulkheads and internal structures sink naked while wondering what messed up in my game. I was really enjoying my new graphics card that I just installed yesterday and I REALLY hope that's not the prob!!!!! Thanks for any help, Eric

Armistead
08-05-11, 10:13 AM
Doesn't sound like mod soup, what kind of graphics card did you get? I doubt anythings is wrong with your video card, just may need to adjust some settings.

Also, may need updated driver.

WernherVonTrapp
08-05-11, 11:00 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Armistead, especially since you mentioned the "new" graphics card. What type of GPU is it anyway? You may also want to look at your AA settings in the control panel.

EricW
08-05-11, 03:21 PM
I got an ATI radeon 5670 1gb. It could be the drivers, I didn't look for anything newer than the disc that came with the card. I just snapped it in, turned the pc on and inserted the driver cd. Everything worked great and still does(?).

I remember seeing screenshots that someone posted of this same occurrence and thought it was kinda funny.....except now its ME!!! :wah:

I'll mess with it more tonite. The wife is going out so I should get a few uninterrupted hours of SH4!!!! :rock:

WernherVonTrapp
08-05-11, 03:26 PM
I got an ATI radeon 5670 1gb. I think I heard someone else (with a similar prob, ATI Radeon) who was advised to adjust their Anti-Alias settings in their GPU control panel. Can't remember who suggested it but, I think it cured the problem on that particular occasion.

Fish40
08-06-11, 07:15 AM
Eric, open up your CCC and change the AA mode to "Multi Sample". Had the same problem with my 5850's. I use 8xAA, but in Multi Sample mode.

0rpheus
08-06-11, 10:08 AM
I got an ATI radeon 5670 1gb. It could be the drivers, I didn't look for anything newer than the disc that came with the card. I just snapped it in, turned the pc on and inserted the driver cd. Everything worked great and still does(?).

I remember seeing screenshots that someone posted of this same occurrence and thought it was kinda funny.....except now its ME!!! :wah:

I'll mess with it more tonite. The wife is going out so I should get a few uninterrupted hours of SH4!!!! :rock:

I'd highly recommend you get the latest AMD drivers as well (Cat 11.5 is stable, and the current preview of 11.8 is good too apparently). If you're using off-disc drivers they're probably months or even a year out of date. :salute:

EricW
08-06-11, 04:47 PM
Eric, open up your CCC and change the AA mode to "Multi Sample". Had the same problem with my 5850's. I use 8xAA, but in Multi Sample mode.

WoooHooooo!!!
I think that did the trick, :salute:

Thanks, Eric

Fish40
08-08-11, 08:04 AM
Glad you got it sorted!:up: