PDA

View Full Version : Sonar issue at TMO 2.2

Vaso Yer
07-23-11, 12:54 PM
Greetings, seawolves.

Could someone please help me with an issue that I have. I run Silent Hunter 4 v.1.5 + TMO 2.0+2.2 (via JSGME 2.6) on Win 7 Ultimate.

The problem is the following - when I launch the game both in vanilla or TMO 2.0 I'm able to run Sonar manually, however when I add TMO 2.2 the Sonar does not work - left-click simply activates the observation mode (I simply can look up/down).

Thanks in advance,
Vaso Yer

Armistead
07-23-11, 12:57 PM
I think it's an issue caused by the radar mod that's now included in TMO2.2, the mouse cursor won't spin the sonar. However, the hotkeys work for me, I think home and end, you can spin it either way.

Vaso Yer
07-23-11, 01:06 PM
I think it's an issue caused by the radar mod that's now included in TMO2.2, the mouse cursor won't spin the sonar. However, the hotkeys work for me, I think home and end, you can spin it either way.
Thanks for the advice - hotkeys work fine.

Vaso Yer

Daniel Prates
07-25-11, 12:37 PM
Lots of people have reported this very same problem and the only way around it found so far was to use the keys to operate the sonar.

Capt. Morgan
07-28-11, 01:32 PM
The mouse-wheel will also change the bearing if the cursor is in the Sonar display.

MadMacgunner
07-28-11, 02:07 PM
Greetings, seawolves.

Could someone please help me with an issue that I have. I run Silent Hunter 4 v.1.5 + TMO 2.0+2.2 (via JSGME 2.6) on Win 7 Ultimate.

The problem is the following - when I launch the game both in vanilla or TMO 2.0 I'm able to run Sonar manually, however when I add TMO 2.2 the Sonar does not work - left-click simply activates the observation mode (I simply can look up/down).

Thanks in advance,
Vaso Yer

Ivé the same issue. It works fine till suddenly it starts to go that way. no way to use the sonar manually anymore.
I play TMO 2.0, so could this be an WIN 7 issue?, I didnīt have that problem when I played the game under WinXP.
Another problem I have is than when I load a mission, sometimes I have an smoke column over the sub. I donīt Know if this is seen for AI, but when I loaded a previous game after a failed attack on a convoy, scorts came for me from an incredibly long distance, so perhaps they can see you better.

Do you have the same problem too?

Gerald
07-28-11, 02:14 PM
:salute:

willo
07-28-11, 02:31 PM
Yes this happens only in TMO 2.2 on submarine classes that have the 3D DTC.
I do not consider this like an issue, after all they used a handwheel to rotate the shaft not a pointing device like a mouse and I'm for to disable it fully on all classes.

Gerald
07-28-11, 02:34 PM
:up: