PDA

View Full Version : The definition of irony

mookiemookie
07-03-11, 02:59 PM
Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike’s handlebars and hit his head on the pavement.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/upstate-ny-motorcyclist-dies-after-hitting-head-on-pavement-during-protest-against-helmet-laws/2011/07/03/AGNicNwH_story.html?wprss=rss_national

2011 Darwin Award candidate?

Jimbuna
07-03-11, 03:09 PM
Sadly.....Yes :doh:

MH
07-03-11, 03:10 PM
Why wear some pussy helmet:-?
:damn:

Drebbel
07-03-11, 05:19 PM
Wow, that is unbelievable ! Very tragic, bit funny in a way too.

Btw, this is my defination of irony

http://www.repro.eu/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/170x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/l/alfabet-metal_y.jpg

Yes, it is really made out of iron !

yubba
07-03-11, 05:36 PM
Lost a cousin, deer vs motorcycle in New York helmet didn't help much.
I wear mine, it's only a difference from a open caskit and a closed one actually.

Onkel Neal
07-03-11, 06:38 PM
Wow, that is unbelievable ! Very tragic, bit funny in a way too.

Btw, this is my defination of irony

Yes, it is really made out of iron !

Yeah, it's hard to sympathize, but some people just are determined to defy physics.

Lost a cousin, deer vs motorcycle in New York helmet didn't help much.
I wear mine, it's only a difference from a open caskit and a closed one actually.

? Yeah, not sure what you mean. A helemt can very easily be the only difference between being killed and talking to your insurance agent about getting a new bike. Helmets, mainly for serious riders.

yubba
07-03-11, 07:44 PM
I've had a motorcycle between my legs since I"ve been 12, I'm 50 now, I've lost many, I've turn a few cycles into prentszels and walked, I got to watch a good freind get zippered up into a body bag after takening on cable gaurd rails with his wife she lived, serious or not, when it's your time, it's your time.

GoldenRivet
07-03-11, 08:26 PM
Why wear some pussy helmet

sounds like something i'd like to try :up:

em2nought
07-03-11, 08:29 PM
Hmm, thought this thread would be about Chris Hansen for sure. :D

yubba
07-03-11, 08:57 PM
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2011/06/06/previews/Gary%20Busey-AES-039396.jpg (http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Busey,_Gary/gallery/AES-039395/)

mookiemookie
07-03-11, 09:17 PM
Why wear some pussy helmet:-?
:damn:

I don't know what that is, but I'd like to order a dozen.

Onkel Neal
07-03-11, 10:25 PM
I've had a motorcycle between my legs since I"ve been 12, I'm 50 now, I've lost many, I've turn a few cycles into prentszels and walked, I got to watch a good freind get zippered up into a body bag after takening on cable gaurd rails with his wife she lived, serious or not, when it's your time, it's your time.

Yeah, well, when you crash a motorcycle without having a helmet on your head, you just increased the odds it's your time.

HunterICX
07-04-11, 03:43 AM
Got a chuckle out of this as he had it comming.
:nope: seriously though...what a ignorant fool.

I had the privilege of knowing why the helmet is VERY important twice while crossing about on my moped.

once I hit a debri knocking me out of control into rough gravel...sliding with my face while wearing a helmet over it. If I didn't wear it that time my face would've been a bloody mess what would be the left side of my face.

another day I raced down, remembered I forgot my keys for work and raced up again hitting with my front wheel a piece of road that was lifted up by a tree's root knocking me again out of control but this time really bad as I hit a stationary car with 70km/h (43-45mph) head on launching me from my moped doing a 180º loop hitting the roof of the car with my back and the backside of my head the front window leaving a nice big star thanks to my helmet. If I didn't wear my helmet that time I would probally not be around here, in a weelchair or perhaps ended up mentally retarted :-?

So catching me ever riding around without a helmet? No Sir...I won't leave my house without it.

HunterICX

FIREWALL
07-04-11, 03:56 AM
To me my helmet is a form of life insurance. It insures I have a better chance of survival.

Without it the chances of survival are greatly lowered or none.

Growler
07-04-11, 09:43 AM
My cousin laid his bike down trying to avoid a kid who'd dashed from between two parked cars in front of him; only reason he survived was the brain bucket. Which is good, since he'd already enlisted in the Marines and had not been authorized to die at that point.

For every one story of a guy who's walked away from a wreck without a helmet, there are twenty stories of guys who wouldn't have had they not been wearing one.

Thunder
07-04-11, 10:19 AM
I would not be typing this if not for a helmet.

S'all about minimizing risk. Doesn't mean i won't play silly buggers from time to time, but it can be vital if something goes wrong.

Same reason i put a seat belt on when in a car.