PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys some questions

clayp
06-29-11, 06:36 PM
Hey I got a few things going on...My gunners dont fire.There is a way to put the cursor on a ship and order them to fire,I have forgoten it.I was 3,000 yrds and 90deg from a big liner and fired 4 torps at her with a green triangle,she was going 4 mph AND MISSED WTF!!!!!!!......:timeout:

magic452
06-29-11, 08:14 PM
Make sure you have the torpedo doors open well before you fire. "Q" key.
You have to open each door one at a time.

Go to the bridge view and find the ship, and hit the space bar That marks the target to fire at. Make sure you have the deck gun slots on the crew management screen filled and you order "man the deck gun." or go to battle stations, that will man all the guns. These orders are on the bridge view orders bar.

Sounds like you're finding targets, good going mate. :yeah:

Magic

clayp
06-29-11, 09:20 PM
hmmm I do all that...

magic452
06-29-11, 10:23 PM
Might be that modified Gato of yours. Try starting a single patrol and select any boat but a Gato, Hellcat would be a good one, start the patrol and just see if the gun will fire at anything. Start in the harbor and shoot an American ship if necessary.
Make sure you duck when you do. :haha:

Magic

torpedobait
06-30-11, 07:39 AM
hmmm I do all that...

Did you also give the order to the gun crew to "Fire at Will"?

barkhorn45
06-30-11, 08:58 AM
Also did you double click on the he round?I beleive you have to do that the first time you use the gun,manual or ai.

clayp
06-30-11, 09:29 AM
Yes to all...:yep:

Armistead
06-30-11, 09:32 AM
Using TMO I have to look through the binocs and once I see the ship I have to hit a tab to mark it to get them to fire.

Are you using mods or stock. I think gun range for stock that the crew will shoot is 3000 yards, over that they won't, but you can. They also have to have visuals.

clayp
06-30-11, 09:40 AM
Roger Armisted...:D

Dogfish40
06-30-11, 01:55 PM
Hey I got a few things going on...My gunners dont fire.There is a way to put the cursor on a ship and order them to fire,I have forgoten it.I was 3,000 yrds and 90deg from a big liner and fired 4 torps at her with a green triangle,she was going 4 mph AND MISSED WTF!!!!!!!......:timeout:

Hi Clay,
I forget which version your playing but I will call out a few things as I've been using my deck gun lately like mad. A few of these will be repeats and so far it sounds to me like they should be firing.
Repeat one; Fire at will button, your gun crew won't do anything without orders.
Two; Gun placement, you want to make sure that your gun can position itself for the shots.
Three: Target must be acquired, that is, the crew must be able to see it. If you got the triangle on the ship with the periscope you've acquired it. Or the target will be placed on the nav-map.
If all these things have been checked, then climb on that gun yourself and raise the roof :rock:. I sank a huge liner in the fog myself (my crew could not see it). That was some fun!!.
Clay, it sounds like you've got most of these checked, I would go to one of the training missions just to see if your gear checks out. If the gun still doesn't fire, then we'll go from there.
Good Luck
D40 :salute:

Daniel Prates
06-30-11, 03:19 PM
Gunners refusing to fire (as other crewmen refusing to do things) could be caused by forgeting "battlestations" on for too long.

Also, did you choose a type of ammunition? When you start the game, the default choise of ammo is AP, but sometimes you have no AP rounds to start with (TMO, for instance, is like that) so there is no shot possible.

clayp
06-30-11, 06:40 PM
Thank you everyone!!!!:yeah: