PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 5 Graphics problem

Unit757
06-26-11, 05:01 PM
Hi guys,

I've had silent hunter 5 for a while not, and played it a fair amount on my previous computer. Just recently I finished building a new one, and decided to install SHV on it, only to find out that when I try and play a mission, it wont work! When I load, for example, the first campaign mission, after it finishes the part were the guy is telling you the captain wants to see you, you'd normally get out of the bed. In this case, your screen stays in the bed, and you can hear footsteps when you try and move. Add in the fact both the water, and the sky, aren't there. If you attempt an external view, or go into the museum, it will completely screw up the computer and I have to restart to fix the problem.

I have Windows 7 64 bit, 2 Nvidia GTX 280's SLI'd, and the drivers are the most up to date ones available.

Gerald
06-26-11, 05:12 PM
:up: There are solutions for this, and qualified person who knows a lot about SH5 .... so stay to get adequate help very soon.

TheDarkWraith
06-26-11, 06:22 PM
I have Windows 7 64 bit, 2 Nvidia GTX 280's SLI'd, and the drivers are the most up to date ones available.

1) newest drivers aren't always the best
2) disable SLI. SH5 doesn't like it.

Unit757
06-28-11, 07:26 AM
I have SLI disabled now, and the problem persists.
How exactly would I go about getting an older driver?

TheDarkWraith
06-28-11, 09:22 AM
I have SLI disabled now, and the problem persists.
How exactly would I go about getting an older driver?

IIRC nVidia's website allows you to search for older drivers.

Are you sure you are patched to v1.2 of the game? When in the main menu of the game what does it say in the top right corner?