PDA

View Full Version : Makassar Straits CTD's, corrupted saves.

HMCS
06-26-11, 04:03 PM
I am running a campaign in May of '42, out of Perth/Freemantle; I get a recurring CTD at the southern mouth of the Makassar Str, and when I worked around it, going another route I RTB and didn't get credit for 3 tankers and 2 merchies I sank near Suvu sea.

The CTD happens again in the 2nd patrol in the same spot.

running these mods:

RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 patch 23 April 2010
RSRDC
RSRDC patch v5xx
TMO sub interiors
nav map makeover
strategic map symbols
smaller rocks & plants
stop the shouting
darkwraith's DC water disturbance.

There should be no issues with memory or my PC. I have run this game on this rig for a couple of years with very few prob's.

magic452
06-26-11, 04:34 PM
Some people have had problems with this mod.
darkwraith's DC water disturbance. A very good mod idea but there are some issues with it.

Might try taking it out and see what happens.

Magic

HMCS
06-27-11, 01:14 AM
restarted the career, same time period, same result w/o the D/C mod; CTD at the mouth of the Makassar straits.

magic452
06-27-11, 04:35 AM
Uuhhhh, let me see here :hmmm: OK I got it, don't go through the Makassar Str. :know:
Well maybe not such a good solution. :damn: :D

Your mod list looks fine so I have no idea. Unless it has something to do with a upgrade to your boat if it happens at the same TIME. TMO sub interiors may have something to do with it, just a shot in the dark tho. :06: Maybe not so compatible with RFB.

Magic

torpedobait
06-27-11, 06:37 AM
Have you tried running the Large Address Aware program to allow the game to access more than 2Mb of memory? That has solved many a CTD issue for me (in fact all of them - haven't had a single one since adding SH4 to the LAA. See the link found here:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=112556

WernherVonTrapp
06-27-11, 06:45 AM
I'd tend to agree with magic452. I'm not saying that this is definitely the problem but I immediately noticed the TMO Sub Interiors vs RFB and considered the possibility of a conflict.:hmmm:

Armistead
06-27-11, 10:03 AM
What version of RSRD are you running, sure you got the right one for RFB? Usually when people crash in certain areas that the issue. If that's correct, I would also remove the TMO sub interiors, although I'm not sure how that would cause an area crash, but possible conflicts since it's not for RFB.

HMCS
06-27-11, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am using the correct vers's of RSRDC for RFB; I uninstalled/reinstalled and it seems to be working, now.

Armistead
06-27-11, 01:58 PM
Great, sounds like you probably had a corrupt file, I use all the others you listed without problems.