PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Missing ADT data input icons/buttons

deephx
06-05-11, 01:41 AM
Help! I'm having a major problem with Silent Service 4 'Gold Edition'. When in the attack periscope menu screen, the 'stopwatch' and 'red triangle' icons that should appear in the upper left part of the Attack Data Tool are missing.

Problem: I can freely rotate the target range indicator when I first access the attack periscope screen. However none of the 3 different input data indicators will rotate after selecting either the range (---), AOB (<), or Speed (@) icons on the bottom of the ADT.

Actions: I have loaded, unloaded and reloaded the SHV software numerous times without success. I have tracked down and purged all program folders, icons, ect. The program files are installed in a new directory and not the default Windows or Program Files (X86) directories as recommended in the game's readme file. Also I attempt to play only after first rebooting the system following reinstallation of the game.

System: Intel Core i7, 920 @ 2.67 GHz / 3.31 GHz; 9 GB Ram; GeForce GTX 285 (1G); OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit.

I've searched the UBI and SubSim forums looking for similar postings without success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

deephx

Gerald
06-05-11, 01:56 AM
:up:

magic452
06-05-11, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the boat mate. :salute:

It sounds like you have auto targeting selected.
If you're in career mode you must turn off auto targeting by accessing the options menu via the radio on the bookcase in the office, left side of the screen. You must do this at the start of the patrol.

The other option screen only applies for single missions and Patrols.

Hope that does it, good luck and good hunting.

Magic

Daniel Prates
06-05-11, 04:46 PM
Yeah, when you un-activate 'manual targeting' in the realism screen, the TDC input dial appears greyed-out. You must activate manual targeting to have the dial operational again.

Either that, or it is a classic case of "re-install your game, it is bugged".

deephx
06-05-11, 10:57 PM
Thank you Magic452 & Daniel Prates!

Still uncertain as to how I managed to un-activate 'manual targeting' in the realism screen, but your recommendations were spot-on and the TDC dial is once again operational. Thanks again to both of you for taking the time to help me resolve this problem.

Sincerely,

deephx

magic452
06-06-11, 01:10 AM
Glad you got it sorted out. :salute:

Look on the bright side you got a lot of practice uninstalling and re installing SH4 :know: :haha:

Magic