PDA

View Full Version : Cant install patch 1.4 to Steam ver 1.3

commandosolo2009
06-03-11, 04:26 AM
Hello,

I have stock 1.3 and steam wont let me update. I copied the patch file to steamapps/SH4 (installation directory) but still give me this:

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd414/Perch176/patcherror.jpg

Any ideas on how to install it? Steam updates to 1.5 only, but I dont want the axis extension (which I do own) but I prefer a 1.4 Allied stance on my machine.

Sailor Steve
06-03-11, 05:26 PM
1) I could be that the version you have is already patched to 1.4.

2) 1.5 doesn't limit you to just the u-boats. It actually makes improvements to the US side as well. On top of that most of the best supermods are upgraded to work with 1.5 only. You should install it even if you plan to never look at a u-boat.

commandosolo2009
06-04-11, 04:20 PM
1) I could be that the version you have is already patched to 1.4.

2) 1.5 doesn't limit you to just the u-boats. It actually makes improvements to the US side as well. On top of that most of the best supermods are upgraded to work with 1.5 only. You should install it even if you plan to never look at a u-boat.

1) Negative. 1.3 it is.
2) trust me. I've played 1.5 and 1.4 before, everytime stock without mods or with mods that manipulate not the ship info. hits were rare.

with 1.3, everytime, I swear, I get a hit using methods described here.

stadimeter is lest accurate in 1.3 than patches later on. I bet on that :rock:

Still, I'll try later the femme nazi dyke side, probably couple it with the enigma flotilla (since I admire encryption and secrecy stuff) and their status and contact reports.

I'm staying with 1.3 atm, at least till I get a HOTAS in 10 days for my blackshark sim :03: (no offense submariner, but I'm more of an air man in nature)