3. Bathrobes
4. TV remote controls
5. Light bulbs
6. Mini-bar contents
7. Clothes hangers
8. Bathroom display trays
9. Coffee sachets
10. Plastic tissue boxes

So, has anyone here stolen items from a hotel? and what were they?

Feuer Frei!
05-05-11, 04:54 AM
Hmm, let me see now, where do i start :hmmm:

In all seriousness though, i'm the good honest type, i think the most i ever relieved a hotel room of was some shampoo and soap.
And that was only because my own soap and shampoo had run out and i wasn't sure that the next hotel room was going to stock these items. :O:

claybirdd
05-05-11, 05:24 AM
I used to work at a Hilton Garden Inn and we once caught a man stealing an A/C unit out of a room. He was caught wheeling it out of a side door on a luggage cart by one of the janitors. I have about 100 great stories from my time there, but the items I stole the most from other hotels was toilet paper and soap.

Penguin
05-05-11, 05:31 AM
Hhhm, let's see:

Towels
Cushions
Bathrobes
Clothes hangers
Coffee sachets

batteries
a small carpet :88)
and bathroom stuff like shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.

Stealing stuff from the mini-bar is kind of pointless, as they will most likely charge you for this anyway.

However as I am a generally honest person I never stole from small hotels, pensions or B&B's

@Clay: :haha: would love to read some more stories about your experiences

the_tyrant
05-05-11, 05:43 AM
Hmm, let me see now, where do i start :hmmm:

In all seriousness though, i'm the good honest type, i think the most i ever relieved a hotel room of was some shampoo and soap.
And that was only because my own soap and shampoo had run out and i wasn't sure that the next hotel room was going to stock these items. :O:

I'm sure the small packaged soap and shampoo is supposed to be yours

Jimbuna
05-05-11, 05:51 AM
I honestly don't recall ever having stolen anything but I usually ask the room cleaners if they have a few spare shampoos/conditioners (the small bottles they fill up each morning) for my daughter when she is away at dancing competitions.

They usually have a trolley on each floor with literally hundreds on them so a couple never get missed.

I'd rather be honest and up front than have them talking about the guy that uses all the shampoo and conditioner every morning but never seems to leave the empty bottles :doh:

AVGWarhawk
05-05-11, 08:17 AM
Ash tray.

The small individual soaps and shampoo.

Gerald
05-05-11, 08:31 AM
One time I was wrong charged for a beer in the room, and it can hardly count as I have had their fingers in something, what types ...:stare:

Armistead
05-05-11, 08:35 AM
I'll take the soap and shampoo, but you pay for that. Often I'll accidently throw a towel in my dirty clothes bag...that's about it.

Feuer Frei!
05-05-11, 08:41 AM
One time I was wrong charged for a beer in the room, and it can hardly count as I have had their fingers in something, what types ...:stare:
Only one beer :doh: :O:

tater
05-05-11, 08:49 AM
I've never stolen anything from a hotel.

FIREWALL
05-05-11, 09:28 AM
I've never stolen anything from a hotel.

These Furineers be all thieves, huh. :haha:

August
05-05-11, 09:32 AM
These Furineers be all thieves, huh. :haha:

Apparently so. I guess Americans are just better people. :yep:

tater
05-05-11, 09:51 AM
Perhaps it's just the ingrained notion that larger entities should give you stuff, "free?"

I should add that it never even occurred to me to take anything from a hotel.

I was hosting some Soviet students years ago (when there was a CCCP) from Moscow Aviation Institute (nuke-Es (space nuclear power, specifically)), and they arrived a day apart. So I take 2 guys in my car to pick up another at the airport. I push the button to get the time slip at the parking lot, and one guy instantly says, "this would never work in Soviet Union."

I was entirely perplexed and asked, "Why not?"

"We would walk back and get new ticket before leaving."

I'd been getting parking slips for years... and it had never occurred to me to rip it off for a couple bucks. LOL.

mookiemookie
05-05-11, 09:57 AM
All I've taken is soap/shampoo/lotion, etc. So I guess you can't even consider that stealing.

I like to think I have a bit more class than to steal from a hotel.

Herr-Berbunch
05-05-11, 10:23 AM
One towel from Hilton Hotel Salalah, and one from Hilton Hotel Kuwait.

Nice towels they were too, still using one from kuwait eight years later. I did pay for them in the long run, three/four Rials or Dinars* a beer - and there was a lot of beer. :D

Piddley little bottles of sh!te combined shower gel/shampoo has never taken my fancy! That's not to say I don't shower or wash hair, I do, I do!

Stayed in a great deal of other hotels, and for extended durations too, but never took anything else.

Ironically - I believe the one from Oman was stolen from me!

Growler
05-05-11, 10:28 AM
I guess I wouldn't swipe anything from a hotel because I'm too lazy to hump whatever it is I swiped back home again. I mean, wet terry cloth bathrobes and towels are heavy, and that damp gives your suitcase a funky smell.

papa_smurf
05-05-11, 10:43 AM
I used to work at a Hilton Garden Inn and we once caught a man stealing an A/C unit out of a room. He was caught wheeling it out of a side door on a luggage cart by one of the janitors.

That is one determined hotel guest.

Gerald
05-05-11, 11:28 AM
Only one beer :doh: :O: Yes ... it was one beer, I remember, but maybe two, :D

FIREWALL
05-05-11, 01:51 PM
@ Papa Smurf. TV remotes ? He!! they steal the TV's TOO !!! :haha:

Jaguar
05-05-11, 02:44 PM
A friend of mine has this ashtray with the writing "Stolen from motel XXX" on the bottom.

Jimbuna
05-05-11, 05:11 PM
Piddley little bottles of sh!te combined shower gel/shampoo has never taken my fancy! That's not to say I don't shower or wash hair, I do, I do!

A likely story :DL

Herr-Berbunch
05-05-11, 05:19 PM
A likely story :DL

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/KappaJota/madeline_kahn-cleavon_little.jpg

It's twue, it's twue, it's twue! :03:

Jimbuna
05-05-11, 07:05 PM
The opposite to pinching but I once met an old female friend at a security conference...we met up after the day had finished and ended up leaving the hotel to look for some Indian cusine.

Afterwards we visited a bar too many and at chucking out time we returned to the bar in the hotel.

At God knows what time we ended up in my room because she reckoned she couldn't make it to her room which admittedly was much further away albeit on the same floor (very large hotel).

Being a gentleman I let her have my bed (even though it was kingsize) and I slept on the settee (honest).

Early in the morning she woke me to say she was going to her room for a shower and would I join her for breakfast.

This day was the final day of the conference so even though you were at the conference centre till 4pm you had to be checked out of your room for 11am.

Just prior to lunch I collected my gear from the room and checked it in for storage with the porter section.

When I returned from the conference area to collect my luggage I was quietly ushered into an office behind reception and asked to sit down by someone who was obviously of management level.

All manner of things were going through my mind, especially those around the subject of theft...I was pretty close to flashing my warrant card when the manager closed the office door behind me, sat slowly down and proceeded to reach inside one of his desk drawers.

After what seemed like an eternity he coughed and removed his hand from within said drawer and then I saw what he was holding....a pink pair of lacey thongs.

"Did sir know he had left these in his bed last night"? :oops:

I've never seen my female friend since which is probably just as well because I told the manager to keep/dispose of them.

I sometimes wonder if she ever realised she was one undergarment short :DL

Platapus
05-05-11, 07:06 PM
Can't say that I ever stole anything from a hotel room. I may have left some hangers even.

Frankly, I never found anything I wanted to steal. :nope:

August
05-05-11, 09:52 PM
I sometimes wonder if she ever realised she was one undergarment short :DL

Oh i'll bet she knew. They didn't remove themselves. It was the modern equivalent to the dropped hanky.

MothBalls
05-06-11, 12:14 AM
Apparently so. I guess Americans are just better people. :yep:None of them consider it stealing. America is the land of entitlements; so everything already belonged to those people before they checked into the room.

Sailor Steve
05-06-11, 12:57 AM
Nope, never have.

August
05-06-11, 09:11 AM
None of them consider it stealing. America is the land of entitlements; so everything already belonged to those people before they checked into the room.

:DL Everything except the bill i'll bet!

Herr-Berbunch
05-06-11, 09:21 AM
So am I the only thieving barsteward here then, or just the (now) honest one? :hmmm:

Feuer Frei!
05-06-11, 09:26 AM
So am I the only thieving barsteward here then, or just the (now) honest one? :hmmm:
It seems you are both, Tony :O:

GoldenRivet
05-06-11, 09:33 AM
During my career as a pilot i have spent countless nights in hotel rooms.

Between 2005,06,07 and 08 alone i spent approximately 1,010 nights in hotels. everything from off brands to Hiltons

I have found lipstick all over the glassware.

I have found feces on towels.

I have found grimy body outlines on the sheets.

I have found bedbugs on and in the mattress.

I have had stabbing victims wander into the hotel lobby while checking in.

I have had a crew member removed from duty because of bullets fired through his hotel window at night.

I have found a 10 inch long turd in a hotel hall way.

I have had people mistakenly given keys to my room late at night more times than i can count.

I have had to eat more hungry man turkey and mashed potato dinners all alone for thanksgiving in some low rent hotel room than i care to think about.

as a result, i cant think of ANYTHING i could possibly want from a hotel room bad enough to steal it.

UnderseaLcpl
05-06-11, 09:35 AM
Well, at least Berbunch is honest.

I'm too much of a square to steal things from hotels, little bottles of shower products included, and that ain't the half of it. When I leave a hotel room, I empty the trash, fold and sort the used linens and towels, and leave a tip for the maids with a nice "thank you" note. It just feels wrong to do anything less.

August
05-06-11, 09:35 AM
i cant think of ANYTHING i could possibly want from a hotel room bad enough to steel it.

Wow, me either. Heck even bronzing it wouldn't be enough... :D

GoldenRivet
05-06-11, 09:36 AM
Wow, me either. Heck even bronzing it wouldn't be enough... :D

fixed :doh:

edit:

very clever BTW

August
05-06-11, 09:39 AM
fixed :doh:

edit:

very clever BTW

Just funnin ya Brother! :O:

GoldenRivet
05-06-11, 09:42 AM
Just funnin ya Brother! :O:

oh i liked it... it was good.

:smug:

Jaguar
05-06-11, 09:44 AM
Frankly, I never found anything I wanted to steal. :nope:

That tells a lot about the quality of the places you stayed in :O:.

Herr-Berbunch
05-06-11, 09:46 AM
Remind me never to stay in the same hotel as GR. :D

Mind you, he's probably saying that about me, too. :shifty:

Gerald
05-06-11, 09:55 AM

Mind you, he's probably saying that about me, too. :shifty: So when you recommend the hotel in Kuwait ... because of their towels,:O:

GoldenRivet
05-06-11, 09:56 AM

Red Roof Inn
Quality Inn and Suites
America's best value inn
Hilton Garden Inn
Hampton Inn
Waldorf Astoria NYC
Holiday Inn

as for all my nights in hotels at various places... Hampton Inn has become my preference.

Red Roof Inn has proven to be the most bang for the buck if you can snag the right discounts.

I managed to stay several nights in a Red Roof Inn in Dallas for $30 a night once.

No hotel room is as clean as you think it is.

Gerald
05-06-11, 09:59 AM
Red Roof Inn
Quality Inn and Suites
America's best value inn
Hilton Garden Inn
Hampton Inn
Waldorf Astoria NYC
Holiday Inn

as for all my nights in hotels at various places... Hampton Inn has become my preference.

Red Roof Inn has proven to be the most bang for the buck if you can snag the right discounts.

I managed to stay several nights in a Red Roof Inn in Dallas for $30 a night once.

No hotel room is as clean as you think it is. "I managed to stay several nights in a Red Roof Inn in Dallas for $30 a night once". Good to know :sign_yeah:

Herr-Berbunch
05-06-11, 10:02 AM
Not Fawlty Towers then? :hmmm:

Gerald
05-06-11, 10:38 AM
Not Fawlty Towers then? :hmmm: :haha:

Jimbuna
05-06-11, 10:55 AM
Oh i'll bet she knew. They didn't remove themselves. It was the modern equivalent to the dropped hanky.

I never got to check them to see if it looked like she'd blown her nose in them :DL

Herr-Berbunch
05-06-11, 11:05 AM
I never got to check them to see if it looked like she'd blown her nose in them :DL

Who said it'd be her nose?

http://www.doctorhormone.com/images/martin_with_panties_on_head.jpg

Jimbuna
05-06-11, 11:15 AM
LOL...what else could it possibly be? :DL

Penguin
05-08-11, 11:45 AM

Nope, but one of the few who admit it ;)
Btw, does watching pay-per-view channels in hotels without paying also count as stealing? :D

I must say that my hotel thieving acts acts also occured in my younger years. It happens when you're young&dumb and yare sent into fancy hotels, but receive only a small paycheck...

"this would never work in Soviet Union."

And that is why I never want to disappoint the trust of people who give another person the freedom to act without supervision. Like in my previous stated examples, or e.g. where farmers leave food uncontrolled near the road with a donation box, or remote campsites with no persons who control. I see it as a matter of honour to give the people their share and not be a cheater or scrooge.

As someone who loves personal liberty, I do not want many limitations on it. I do not want surveillance, guards, supervision all around me all day. So my acts not to exploit this freedom result out of moral, political and also egoistic reasons.