PDA

View Full Version : TMO+RSRDC/TMO Only

SS-0 Sub-Zero
05-03-11, 03:37 AM
for TMO user, what configuration do you use? TMO+RSRDC or TMO only?

Aviv
05-03-11, 05:44 AM
RSRDC? What's that? What does it do to TMO?

Hylander_1314
05-03-11, 06:17 AM
RSRDC? What's that? What does it do to TMO?

Run Silent Run Deep mod. It makes things even more historically accurate as far as shipping and follows as best as possible, actual routes taken by convoys, and TFs. But as the war progresses, the shipping gets thinner and thinner. Just like what really happenned, where the subs were to the point of sinking sampans and fishing boats mostly.

You can look in the Downlaods section for RSRDC, and there's a big thread on it here, as just recently some tweaking had to be done to make it compatable with TMO 2.1.

I haven't used it personally, but many who have used it, love it.

sharkbit
05-03-11, 07:20 AM
I play TMO 2.1+RSRD.
I haven't played it enough but I've heard when you install RSRD on top of TMO, it nerfs the Jap aircraft that Ducimus worked so hard to fix.
Somebody made a mod to put on top of TMO/RSRD to reset the aircraft to Ducimus' settings.

I think the advantages of RSRD make it well worth it to add it to TMO(or RFB if you play that). I'm all for a bit more historical accuracy.

:)

Armistead
05-03-11, 07:53 AM
TMO/RSRD

Traffic really doesn't filter out if you know where to look. Japan started using a larger convoy system end of 43, so you can run into many large convoys in 44. Formosa and the Palawan/Borneo shipping lanes are great.

Thrair
05-03-11, 10:40 AM
First off, did submarines really shoot the ever-living crap out of junks and sampans?

I used to sink every one I came across, but it began nagging at me that it seemed a little... odd.

Secondly...... actually I forgot what my second comment was going to be.

magic452
05-04-11, 12:45 AM
They sure did, towards the end of the war Japan was fast running out of targets. They used anything that would float and we sank same.

Magic

Armistead
05-04-11, 09:35 AM
I only sink the junk convoys. OTT, I'm saving my ammo.

SS-0 Sub-Zero
05-04-11, 10:36 AM
i've tested both with and without RSRDC, i like original TMO patrol Objective, especially the midway task force, i like inserting agent. But i like the RSRDC traffic, what should i do? I'm confused

deceptiboat
05-08-11, 09:29 PM
I'm personally doesn't use RSRDC, maybe will try it later after my patrol finished

Stealhead
05-08-11, 10:49 PM
You know that you can ram the small boats like Sampans and junks that kills them dead and its fun too.Just make sure they dont have guns on deck they used to in older TMOs have yet to any armed ones in 2.1 though.I also unload the 40mm on them 10 shells at the most and they go up.You can use 20mm as well but it takes a few too many rounds.

I just use TMO by the way.

FIREWALL
05-08-11, 10:55 PM
Dead Tie so far. :DL

SS-0 Sub-Zero
05-09-11, 12:51 AM
Is there's a way use to use RSRDC but still preserving the career start and patrol objective?

deceptiboat
05-09-11, 12:53 AM
how about delete the careerstart.upc,flotilla.upc, and patrol objective?

CCIP
05-09-11, 03:52 AM
I think TMO gives you a little more variety - just as Ducimius' goal with it, really, to be realistic but not overbearingly so. RSRD, meanwhile, is the most thoroughly researched piece of campaign work I've seen in any game. I actually don't find it terribly hard to find shipping, but you really need to be patient and know where to look for it. However if it's convoys you want, you'll get them and you can sure savage them.

So my own choice is RSRDC, actually. I think it takes a little bit of a bite out of TMO's initial difficulty (in some areas though not others) and variety, but for me the level of accuracy in the traffic is too hard to pass up.

Mikemike47
05-09-11, 02:28 PM
I play TMO 2.1+RSRD.
I haven't played it enough but I've heard when you install RSRD on top of TMO, it nerfs the Jap aircraft that Ducimus worked so hard to fix.
Somebody made a mod to put on top of TMO/RSRD to reset the aircraft to Ducimus' settings.

I think the advantages of RSRD make it well worth it to add it to TMO(or RFB if you play that). I'm all for a bit more historical accuracy.

:)
Here's the mod thread fix:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181146

Aircraft fix download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?14vdo4bj3tc2919