PDA

View Full Version : Argentinian train-passengers set fire to trains.

Biggles
05-02-11, 06:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13262090

The trouble started during the Monday morning rush hour as suburban office workers embarked on their daily commute to the capital city.

A derailed train caused severe delays along the busy rail link.

Stranded passengers then set fire to at least eight wagons at three railway stations along the railway line.

Wow, talk about short temper! If they don't like delays, let's hope they'll never have to catch a train in Sweden! :haha:

Gerald
05-02-11, 06:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13262090

Wow, talk about short temper! If they don't like delays, let's hope they'll never have to catch a train in Sweden! :haha: Yes, here you have to wait, :O:

TLAM Strike
05-02-11, 06:42 PM
The last time people in Argentina got this pissed off they invaded the Falklands... :O:

Torplexed
05-02-11, 07:28 PM
Stranded passengers then set fire to at least eight wagons at three railway stations along the railway line. So, the rail line is eight cars short now. What are these passengers gonna do tomorrow to satisfy their hissy fit when the rail system is running even further behind? Burn down Buenos Aires?

Fish In The Water
05-02-11, 08:56 PM
Wow, talk about short temper! If they don't like delays, let's hope they'll never have to catch a train in Sweden! :haha:

At first glance it does seem like an unwarranted reaction. Then again, they may have put up with years and years of extreme delays until they finally snapped. (i.e. the straw that broke the camels back and all that)...

Oberon
05-03-11, 07:09 AM
The last time people in Argentina got this pissed off they invaded the Falklands... :O:

Don't look at us, our trains are delayed even more frequently than theirs I'd wager. Why don't they invade Switzerland, their trains are not allowed to be late.

Jimbuna
05-03-11, 07:51 AM
Don't look at us, our trains are delayed even more frequently than theirs I'd wager. Why don't they invade Switzerland, their trains are not allowed to be late.

One things for sure...they won't find any trains in the Falklands :DL

Oberon
05-03-11, 09:25 AM
One things for sure...they won't find any trains in the Falklands :DL

I dunno...a train of sheep.

Can't be any worse than the average Rush Hour commute into London. :hmmm:

Jimbuna
05-03-11, 03:55 PM
LOL :DL

krashkart
05-03-11, 04:05 PM
I am absolutely appalled that Auran didn't model passenger rage in TRS. My trains are always behind schedule. :O:

Trenes de Buenos Aires, which operates the train service, suspects the unrest was a deliberate act of industrial sabotage against the firm.

And if this had happened in Venezuela it would be the work of the CIA. :D

Betonov
05-03-11, 04:10 PM
pha, you're all wussies, here trains run by the calendar.