PDA

View Full Version : Mod to make sinking realistic?

Rancor260
04-26-11, 09:11 AM
Alright i'm new to the forums and from a quick glance i couldn't find a mod that makes sinking times and sinking realistic based on flooding... what i mean is that when a ship is shot by torpedo it should create a lot of flooding even enough for ship to completely sink given enough time, this is not how it works in unmodded sh4 afaik. I know some mods like RFB make it realistic but i'm not looking for a mod that changes the game completely just a little mod that makes sinking realistic.

Sorry about my bad english, hopefully people understand what i'm trying to say here :)

EDIT: I tried RFB and i can already tell that mod is not for me. The only thing i was able to sink was a fishing boat... i tried to sink one medium sized merchant ship for about 1 hour and no sinking at all even with a multiple shots below waterline... I didn't use a torpedo though (because the ship was relatively small and had no guns) so i don't know how effective torpedoes are in RFB but anyway realistic or not that is way too hard and time consuming for my taste. I just want the ships to sink naturally if you shoot them below the waterline instead of always exploding for no reason and then sinking in 10 seconds.

BillBam
04-26-11, 09:50 AM
Try the mod Real Fleet Boats, their entire damage model is based on natural sinking (not hitpoints.)

Fish40
04-26-11, 10:46 AM
@BillBam:, It would seem from his post that he dosen't want RFB because of all the gameplay changes. As you mentioned, RFB uses a form of the NSM, but again, he doesn't want RFB. Perhaps a link to NSM?

BillBam
04-26-11, 10:48 AM
That's what I get for not reading the entire post hahaha!:oops:

Fish40
04-26-11, 10:51 AM
Not a problem Bro! I do the same thing half the time! Here's a link to the NSM Mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120269&highlight=natural+sinking+mechanics+mod

This is an old one, and it says it's only compatable with v1.4. Our friend didn't mention what version of SH4 he has:hmmm:

Sailor Steve
04-26-11, 11:11 AM
This is an old one, and it says it's only compatable with v1.4. Our friend didn't mention what version of SH4 he has:hmmm:
The good news is the date on the thread. UBM (1.5) was not yet released, so his comment means it won't work with earlier versions. It should be okay with 1.5.

Rancor260
04-26-11, 11:11 AM
Not a problem Bro! I do the same thing half the time! Here's a link to the NSM Mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120269&highlight=natural+sinking+mechanics+mod

Ya the only problem is i have version 1.5 of the game and it looks like NSM only works on 1.4. If there isn't any other mods however i guess i'll install RFB then. Thanks for the answers :)

Tyronster
07-10-11, 04:34 PM
I have TMO 2.2 installed, is there any sinking mod out there that will work with 1.5 and TMO?

commandosolo2009
07-11-11, 01:24 PM
you need pacific environment with natural sinking mechanics included. Search d/ls...

Rockin Robbins
07-11-11, 09:17 PM
The reason NSM won't work with 1.5 is that new ship types were introduced for that version. All the old types will sink in an NSM-like manner. If you run into one of the new ships, they will sink in stock manner. Nothing will explode and your game will not crash.

There's no reason not to try NSM with 1.5 and see if you like it!:D However, if you don't like the way ships sink in RFB, that's exactly the effect of NSM too. You have to punch enough holes in different places to flood the target in order to sink it. If you hit the same spot with four torpedoes you're probably not going to sink it.