PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Self-Promotion

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-14-11, 03:31 AM
Hi all apart from sinking ships in the North Atlantic my other main interest is writing songs. This has up till now been a solitary and personal thing because I don't have a lot of self-confidence, well last night I finally found the courage to put it out there for all to see and I thought I'd post a link here in my other home to let you guys have a look if you wish. If you like the song and video and are a member of YouTube or Facebook I'd appreciate it you would consider "Likeing" the video or sharing it. I hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BO6-uIlt8Y

Bakkels
04-14-11, 08:30 AM
Hey, that's actually pretty good! Your voice makes me think of someone. Can't remember who though. But this is good stuff!
Would sound better with real drums but I'm nit-picking there. Cool lyrics too. :yeah:

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-14-11, 08:35 AM
Hey, that's actually pretty good! Your voice makes me think of someone. Can't remember who though. But this is good stuff!
Would sound better with real drums but I'm nit-picking there. Cool lyrics too. :yeah:

Thanks Bakkels, couldn't agree more about the drums but for now this is a solo thing. Glad you liked it and thanks for taking the time to comment

:yeah:

Fish In The Water
04-14-11, 09:11 AM
Glad you shared it...

To be honest, the message really struck a chord with me. Pretty good vocal quality as well, by all means please carry on... :sunny:

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-14-11, 09:38 AM
Hi Fish In The Water, thanks for taking the time to check it out and commenting. I'm glad it struck a chord with you.

:yeah:

August
04-14-11, 11:38 AM

He sounds a bit like Bob Dylan. Not bad.

Jimbuna
04-14-11, 11:48 AM
Nice one Derek...comment posted.

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-14-11, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the kind words and you guys taking the time to check it out and comment. You guys are great

Sailor Steve
04-14-11, 02:22 PM
Good song. Good music. Good voice. Good execution. I'd buy it. :rock:

Unfortunately I don't post at YouTube anymore since they insisted I have a Google account, which I won't do.

Tchocky
04-14-11, 02:26 PM
CBS, eh? :)

Good song!

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-14-11, 03:15 PM
Thanks Sailor Steve :up:

CBS, eh? :)

Good song!

Oh yes!! Reminds of an old Irish TV quiz show in the 80's where the prize was a computer. The host Dermot Morgan (an Irish comedian) said one night that the prize was a Christian Brothers computer because you punched the information into it.

Thanks mate :yeah:

sidslotm
04-14-11, 03:26 PM
Good song with a cool lyric and a lot being said, I like this style of song:yeah:

Tchocky
04-14-11, 03:50 PM
Oh yes!! Reminds of an old Irish TV quiz show in the 80's where the prize was a computer. The host Dermot Morgan (an Irish comedian) said one night that the prize was a Christian Brothers computer because you punched the information into it.

Bwahaha. Sounds like Scrap Saturday but I only remember that on the radio :)

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-14-11, 04:02 PM
Bwahaha. Sounds like Scrap Saturday but I only remember that on the radio :)

Yeah Scrap Saturday was great. I can't remember the name of the quiz show, it didn't last very long possibly only one season but Morgan was great as the host as he was in pretty much anything he turned his hand to.

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-20-11, 05:16 AM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to check out my song. Almost 400 views since midnight last wednesday and a sizeable chunk of them from Subsim. I really appreciate it you guys are great.

:yeah::rock::yeah:

MH
04-20-11, 05:42 AM
Nice song i really like it in general.
Would make it a bit shorter tho-this drum machine is killing it.
If you want to have it this long you need to have more going on in the song.
Specially after 3 40.
Just an opinion.

TarJak
04-20-11, 07:29 AM
Good on ya.:up:

Armistead
04-20-11, 09:33 AM
Great lyrics, good voice..:yeah:

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-20-11, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys, yes I agree that the song arrangement needs work to make it a bit shorter and about the drum machine, I haven't got my head around programming drums yet so I was just using a basic beat and it shows. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Sailor Steve
04-22-11, 01:53 PM
Personally I like long songs, except when they're repetitive, which yours wasn't.

I finally caved in and submitted to a Google stripsearch account, mainly so I could put up some new videos myself. But I posted on yours too. :D

KptnLt Eric Karle
04-22-11, 03:56 PM
Personally I like long songs, except when they're repetitive, which yours wasn't.

I finally caved in and submitted to a Google stripsearch account, mainly so I could put up some new videos myself. But I posted on yours too. :D

Thanks Sailor Steve, really appreciate you taking the time to comment after already commenting here. Cheers matey. I like longer songs too, but this one could use a little tightening up in places, not a major cut but a little trimming would make the song flow easier. :up: