PDA

View Full Version : Defecating dog sparks US shootout

Gerald
03-26-11, 08:31 AM
Two neighbours in the US state of Mississippi drew weapons and fired at each other as an argument over a defecating dog ran out of control.

Associated Press news agency said Jerry Blasingame, 60, has been charged with assault for shooting Terry Tehnet, 52, with a shotgun.

Mr Tehnet was angry because he thought Mr Blasingame's dog had defecated on his lawn, in a rural part of the state.

Mr Tehnet, whose injuries are not life-threatening, may also be charged.

The two men gave AP different versions of what happened.
'Meet me at the levee'

Mr Tehnet said he visited his neighbour to complain about dog "poop" on his property.

Mr Blasingame blamed him for shooting his dog the week before, Mr Tehnet said, and told him: "Just meet me at the levee and I'll shoot you down."

Mr Blasingame told AP he got his gun and drove off but Mr Tehnet did not follow so he returned to the neighbourhood.

The two men confronted one another again and each claimed the other produced a weapon first.

"He shot twice, I returned fire," said Mr Blasingame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12869141

Note: 26 March 2011 Last updated at 02:40 GMT

Torvald Von Mansee
03-26-11, 09:20 AM
But the dog's ok, right?

Gerald
03-26-11, 09:53 AM
But the dog's ok, right? I think so and hope so, :yep:

UnderseaLcpl
03-26-11, 04:40 PM
Canine defecation happens.

Rilder
03-26-11, 05:21 PM
Oh Sh-- :O:

Gargamel
03-26-11, 08:09 PM
All I saw at first was Defecating dog Sparks.

Whoa! That's hot Sh...

Platapus
03-26-11, 08:12 PM
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, unless in cases where the aforementioned people are dumbasses.

:yep:

UnderseaLcpl
03-27-11, 12:15 AM
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, unless in cases where the aforementioned people are dumbasses.

:yep:

Unless said dumbasses are in uniform. In that case it's totally cool.:DL

August
03-27-11, 01:20 AM
Reason number 2435 why you shouldn't mess with Americans:

We will shoot you for letting your dog crap on our lawn.

UnderseaLcpl
03-27-11, 01:40 AM

With a gun behind every blade of grass:DL

TarJak
03-27-11, 02:22 AM
Dunno why but this logo came to mind when I read this thread:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/4/4a/Mambo_Logo.jpg

Dowly
03-27-11, 05:55 AM

We don't need to mess with you. We just wait that you kill yourselves over something as retarted as a frigging dog having a dump on your yard. :D

August
03-27-11, 07:45 AM
We don't need to mess with you. We just wait that you kill yourselves over something as retarted as a frigging dog having a dump on your yard. :D

You'll be waiting a long time. Maybe you should hold your breath. :O:

darius359au
03-27-11, 11:40 PM
I read the story and a quote from Einstien came to mind "only two things are Infinate - The Universe and Human Stupidity ,and Im not sure about the former!" ,this kind of stupidity is universal!

Gerald
03-28-11, 06:36 AM
I have a couple of years ago have experienced a situation, in part out of this without firing as I was driving in the car and my sister's dog, which I was responsible for (when they were out of town) wanted to relieve herself, so I stopped the opened back door and the dog spotted a cat and ran into a site and then it was full speed, then I would not climb over the fence so I went through the main entrance after having gone off at the owner's watch with no reply so late I went in and the dog sat without the owner's lawn and did what it could, while stopped a car outside and the owner and probably his wife comes out and wondering who I was, and I talked about what had happened and said I could pay any damage to the lawn, his response was unequivocal, sh!t is a good fertilizer so no problem with this, :O: