PDA

View Full Version : Shortest box fight I have ever seen

Skybird
03-19-11, 05:19 PM
5 minutes ago: WBC world championship: Klitschko - Solis K.O. first round.

:o

Krauter
03-19-11, 05:23 PM
Link?

Skybird
03-19-11, 05:44 PM
Solis started well, in style of counter-boxing. In the last 10 seconds of round one he received a blow to the sleeve with his own fist between Klitschko's fist and his head, so it was no heavy impact, but it was heavy enough to leave him totally desoriented and falling down. During the fall he also seems to have injured his knee (before he hit the ground), something happened there, definitely. However, when the referee counted and he was struggling to get back on his feet, you could see that he was desoriented and had bad balance and all his body and head were wobbling, and he did not know for some seconds what was happening, the referee also stood very close to him in the last seconds of the count and looked him straight into the eyes and into the face, he did not look at the knee, could not even see it, probably. He must have seen in Solis's eyes that he was unfit to go on. Klitschko was furious and even tried to approach Solis when he laid on the ground, his brother held him back, and then again when he went for Solis' team.

Both teams differ in the assessment of why the fight ended. Solis' team says there was not effect in Klitschko's blow, and it was just a mis-step and a knee injury. Klitschko's teams says it was a hit for effect for sure.

As I see it, it was both: first the effect, during the fall an injury with the knee. Even with just one of these events, Solis still would have been unable to go on.

Solis maybe would have had a real chance here, because he really did not had a bad start, quite the opposite. I don't think he cheated. His team just hides the reason for the ending. But then, who in his situation would agree that he was caught by Klitschko'S blow already at the end of round one? It's easier to claim it was just an unlucky injury. But I wonder who will believe it.

There were even shorter box fights, but i have not seen those. Tysson, the said, needed ten seconds in one fight.

Gargamel
03-19-11, 06:52 PM
Didn't Tyson knockout a guy in the Olympics in under 15 seconds?

Edit: Tysson, the said, needed ten seconds in one fight. oops missed that.

joea
03-19-11, 07:02 PM
Wow missed that. I will going to see some local amateur boxing next week which can be very good. Been training myself, just for fitness I don't intend to get my nose rearranged. Great sport to get into shape though. :DL

Feuer Frei!
03-20-11, 08:57 AM
Looks pretty farcical, the replay suggests he blew out his knee (the left one), clearly see the leg wobble, but, when he went down, he clutched his right knee!
Err what?
Maybe Odlanier bet on Klitschko all his life savings for a result inside the first round.
And collected!!!

Skybird
03-20-11, 09:21 AM
It is confirmed, he has a complete anterior cruciate ligament rupture, a possible meniscule and also gristle damage.

Solis' turkish manager really started a show afterwards, attacking the Klitschko management verbally. What a big mouth. He already had slightly fallen out of tone in the arena, when he adressed the crowd via microphone.

Feuer Frei!
03-20-11, 09:30 AM
It is confirmed, he has a complete anterior cruciate ligament rupture, a possible meniscule and also gristle damage.
Welche Seite? Links? Rechts?

Skybird
03-20-11, 12:07 PM
Welche Seite? Links? Rechts?

http://www.faz.net/s/Rub9CD731D06F17450CB39BE001000DD173/Doc~E46E773247EFF472BA30A4C8AA2AA758F~ATpl~Ecommon ~Scontent.html

What - Ukrainian president...? :stare: