PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't quite sure on where to place this - Enigma Machine (Simulator)

Mikesla
03-18-11, 07:10 PM
Hello.

If you are in any way interested in converting text into, and back again by using the Enigma machine, then by all means visit the link below.

Link: Enigma Simulator (http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmasim.htm)

Don't forget to pickup their Codebook tool. This tool will allow you to create your own codebook which has be given to those you wish to be able to decode the messages you receive, and those which you send.

Link: Enigma Codebook Tool (http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/codebook.htm)

This program won awards, and the best part of it all is that it is FreeWare.

Enjoy!

TorpX
03-19-11, 04:12 AM
Good find. :)

If any are interested in the history of Enigma, I can recommend the following book:

Enigma- The Battle for the Code

by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore

It covers both the technical aspects as well as the military/clandestine aspects. Some of the finer points of the cryptology elements were beyond me, but it was still worthwhile.

TarJak
03-19-11, 07:30 AM
Thanks for posting. It's good to remind those that have seen these before and to notify those that have. These have all been posted before at various times, but it does no harm to see them posted again.

Rilder
03-19-11, 08:43 AM
You have to admit it makes you wish you were in grade school so you could use it to pass notes that the teacher wouldn't be able to make you read to the rest of the class. :rotfl2:

Gargamel
03-19-11, 07:40 PM
You have to admit it makes you wish you were in grade school so you could use it to pass notes that the teacher wouldn't be able to make you read to the rest of the class. :rotfl2:

Pretty sure she would just confiscate the huge typewriter like thing you plopped up on your desk :P.

but it does no harm to see them posted again.

Well..... my finger did just fall off

razark
03-19-11, 09:07 PM
Grade school? A coworker and I use it to send email and instant messages in the office.