PDA

View Full Version : old school targeting

Factor
03-09-11, 07:30 PM
Hello, I just reinstalled SH5, Is there a mod avalible that can let me use the old auto targeting like in SH3 &4.

I don't like connecting the dots, and i have to get within like 1000 yards for a shot.

I would learn manual, but, Im just not too good with math. At all.

So, Is there a "point and shoot" type mod out there?

StarTrekMike
03-10-11, 12:04 AM
I feel your pain sir!

I do not believe there is a auto targeting mod that will offer the old style.

Perhaps you could use this as a chance to get to know manual targeting with TDW's UI mod to help?

Mike

Jester_UK
03-10-11, 04:26 AM
There are mods that remove the circled numbers.

Regarding old style targeting: Just don't enable manaul targeting in the game options and don't lock a target once you have it in sight.

The target's data will be entered into the TDC when the "lock" prompt appears on screen without you locking it and will then update as you track the target just like the SH3/SH4 autotargeting did.

I strongly recommend The Dark Wraith's UI mod which not only includes all the TDC dials we're used to from the older versions of Silent Hunter, it also lets you use a the SH3 or SH4 style interface with the dials etc. This mod also removes those little numbers from the torpedo and ships tracks by the way.

reaper7
03-10-11, 04:33 PM
Hello, I just reinstalled SH5, Is there a mod avalible that can let me use the old auto targeting like in SH3 &4.

I don't like connecting the dots, and i have to get within like 1000 yards for a shot.

I would learn manual, but, Im just not too good with math. At all.

So, Is there a "point and shoot" type mod out there?

In my UI mod there is am Officer Command that calculates a solution.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173147
For it to work correctly the only variable it needs imputed first by the user is the ship speed.

Select the Officer Orders then the Torpedoman Icon
Then Select Solutiontotarget and/or Computesolution Icons to get an Auto Solution to Target :yeah:

Factor
03-10-11, 05:28 PM
^ Awesome! Thanks!

WillyVic
03-11-11, 02:37 AM
A work around in vanilla I found that works is:

A. Lock target
B. Unlock target
C. Turn on TDC
D. Lock Target
E. ID the ship if you want
F. Turn TDC off
G. Unlock target
H. Put your crosshair where you want it on the ship and shoot torps.

A little bit of a pain the the rump but works.

WV