PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

Grifty_mcgrift
02-20-11, 04:10 PM
Hello,

I just have a few quick questions, and I apologize if they have already been answered elsewhere. I'm just trying to make my SH5 experience the best it can possibly be, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some things.

First, I still experience some random crashes to desktop, usually when first starting a new mission. Sometimes I can't even get out of the harbour. I find that saving, exiting, and reloading sometimes helps. Is this just a game bug that we have to put up with and there is nothing we can do to fix? I find that once things get going, I can play for days without a single problme, but once crashes start, they tend to keep going. I also find that it doesn't like time compression over 512. Has anyone experience that?

I also found that during British Coastal Waters mission, the weather barely changed. It was pretty much light to medium fog all the time. Which was nice, because I didn't get attacked by planes that often. Is that just because I am near the british coast and the wonderful UK fog?

I also find that the water and sky look pretty bland and grey. Again, is that because of the region I was in? I've seen screen shots with nice, crisp blue water. Will I ever get to see that?

I have also had ships not too interested in attacking me. I was approaching a harbour and one destroyer stayed perfectly still, while another went in for one run, then stopped altogether. Is that normal? Is it just because it is early in the war?

And finally, if I save the game with a contact near by, when I reload the game, the contact has disappeared and usually the weather has changed. Again, is this just a game bug that can;'t be fixed? I find it very frustrating because I will spend hours just searching, then find something, and I would much rather be able to just save it and return to it, rather than have to spend another three hours stalking and attacking. I'm a busy guy.

I think that's it. I should mention that I have Magnum Opus patch 2 installed, TDW Real Navigation, and Enviro 5.4. Are there any other mods I could add that would add to my experience? Do I need to redownload and reinstall MO to get the new mods TDW has added to it? Would it make a huge difference? Thanks for all your help. Sorry this was so long with so many damn questions, but I'm about to dock in port, and if I have to make any changes, I want to do it while I'm docked and not at sea. Thanks again!

stoianm
02-20-11, 04:24 PM
Hello,

I just have a few quick questions, and I apologize if they have already been answered elsewhere. I'm just trying to make my SH5 experience the best it can possibly be, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some things.

First, I still experience some random crashes to desktop, usually when first starting a new mission. Sometimes I can't even get out of the harbour. I find that saving, exiting, and reloading sometimes helps. Is this just a game bug that we have to put up with and there is nothing we can do to fix? I find that once things get going, I can play for days without a single problme, but once crashes start, they tend to keep going. I also find that it doesn't like time compression over 512. Has anyone experience that?

I also found that during British Coastal Waters mission, the weather barely changed. It was pretty much light to medium fog all the time. Which was nice, because I didn't get attacked by planes that often. Is that just because I am near the british coast and the wonderful UK fog?

I also find that the water and sky look pretty bland and grey. Again, is that because of the region I was in? I've seen screen shots with nice, crisp blue water. Will I ever get to see that?

I have also had ships not too interested in attacking me. I was approaching a harbour and one destroyer stayed perfectly still, while another went in for one run, then stopped altogether. Is that normal? Is it just because it is early in the war?

And finally, if I save the game with a contact near by, when I reload the game, the contact has disappeared and usually the weather has changed. Again, is this just a game bug that can;'t be fixed? I find it very frustrating because I will spend hours just searching, then find something, and I would much rather be able to just save it and return to it, rather than have to spend another three hours stalking and attacking. I'm a busy guy.

I think that's it. I should mention that I have Magnum Opus patch 2 installed, TDW Real Navigation, and Enviro 5.4. Are there any other mods I could add that would add to my experience? Do I need to redownload and reinstall MO to get the new mods TDW has added to it? Would it make a huge difference? Thanks for all your help. Sorry this was so long with so many damn questions, but I'm about to dock in port, and if I have to make any changes, I want to do it while I'm docked and not at sea. Thanks again!

I think you do not need to use Env4 if you are using MO - it is env5 on it and maybe for that you had ctds time to time - or because of your hardware software configuration

A new version of MO will be released soon and will have the new uis from tdw on it - no need to redown MO again if you already have it.

The to manny fog days are because maybe of env4.

About the DDs that are not attacking you it is not normal too have that with MO:hmmm: - anyway down and instal IRAI v30 by tdw over the MO

I had the same experience after reloading a save with weather change but the contact are all the time in the same position - maybe you reloaded a fog day and you was not able to see them visualy - did you tryied to serch from them with the hydro?

The environements colors change in diferent zones - i know the env5 has nice colors (wich is in MO already) so unninstal the env4 and if you like more vivid colors in your game check my signature and try the exterior colored mod of mine - you will have the desired blue water

and as a general rules - when you install new mods that allterate the campaign files the you must to restart a new campaign - if not you will have CTDs

cheers

Grifty_mcgrift
02-20-11, 05:07 PM
Thank you for the quick reply Stoianm. I think I will remove enrio 5.4 and I may try your exterior colours mod, as well as TDW IRAI. Though the realistic colours mod looks interesting too.

Do you know when the new version of MO will be released? Also, because MO contains a lot of modifications, does it fall under the kind of mod that alters the campaign files? I ask because I would like to make some changes to the options of MO, specifically enabling Free Cam mode. But don't you have to remove MO from JGME to make those changes. And does that mean if I re-enable it, I will get crashes to desktop because I'm in the middle of a campaign and it alters campaign files? I really don't want to do British Coastal Waters again. It was annoying as hell. I am in the base though.

stoianm
02-20-11, 05:14 PM
Thank you for the quick reply Stoianm. I think I will remove enrio 5.4 and I may try your exterior colours mod, as well as TDW IRAI. Though the realistic colours mod looks interesting too.

Do you know when the new version of MO will be released? Also, because MO contains a lot of modifications, does it fall under the kind of mod that alters the campaign files? I ask because I would like to make some changes to the options of MO, specifically enabling Free Cam mode. But don't you have to remove MO from JGME to make those changes. And does that mean if I re-enable it, I will get crashes to desktop because I'm in the middle of a campaign and it alters campaign files? I really don't want to do British Coastal Waters again. It was annoying as hell. I am in the base though.
I do not know when the new MO will be released - that is tdw - but i supouse soon

And yes - when you will instal the new MO you must restart a new campaign:D

You can desable the MO and make changes in your optin.py and reenable the MO after without problem - only when you install a new mod that change the files from campaign folders then you must restart a new campaign.

if you want to skeep a campaign then install open horizons mod and use ,,silentotto''.

about my mods depends what you prefer: if you like immersion then use realist one - if you prefer eye candy then use colored one:up:

cheers

Grifty_mcgrift
02-20-11, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all your help Stoianm. I will see what I can do, and I look forward to seeing what improvements your mods make. Thanks again.