PDA

View Full Version : Synopsis of a story I'm working on...

GoldenRivet
01-31-11, 07:31 AM
I've been working on a story and making quite a bit of progress, a long way to go still but i am really enjoying the process. I'm going to share it with family and friends this summer - possibly earlier, depending on their reception i may try to get it published. ;)

I don't really have a working title yet though :-?

the story is about two inseparable friends, Paul and Dan who spend a week in a Mexican resort town during the summer just after Paul graduates high school. Dan, will be starting his junior year in the fall while Paul will be heading off to college in another state. During their week long stay in Mexico, the boys learn about life, friendship, and women while realizing that the carefree days of youth are coming to an end. their experiences there change them for the better and solidify a friendship that is sure to last forever.

its sort of a "coming of age" story... does that sound interesting at all?

TarJak
01-31-11, 07:32 AM
Are there zombies?:D

GoldenRivet
01-31-11, 07:35 AM
Are there zombies?:D

LOL no zombies.

theres boobs though :yep:

Oberon
01-31-11, 08:07 AM
LOL no zombies.

theres boobs though :yep:

Well, that's a guaranteed Finnish market... :yep:

In all seriousness though, sounds good, and if you're enjoying it then carry on and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. :up:

nikimcbee
01-31-11, 09:56 AM
Is it for Penthouse letters?

There was a knock at the door. I slowly opened it. There stood the dominoes pizza dude. I though to myself, " I didn't order a pizza?"

Seriously though, good luck with that. Writing is hard work.:salute:

UnderseaLcpl
01-31-11, 04:38 PM
I'd actually like to read whatever you would care to send me. I doubt I could help with the writing process because I'm a terrible author, but I am an excellent reader.

GoldenRivet
01-31-11, 04:41 PM
I'd actually like to read whatever you would care to send me. I doubt I could help with the writing process because I'm a terrible author, but I am an excellent reader.

I will definitely keep that in mind. :yeah:

thanks for the interest.