PDA

View Full Version : Changing the number of your U-boat? How?

Anton88
01-30-11, 12:57 PM
How do you change the number of your u-boat?
What file must you edit?

thanks,

stoianm
01-30-11, 01:05 PM
How do you change the number of your u-boat?
What file must you edit?

thanks,

Depends what mod you are using.

Supouse you are using MO:

1)Desable the mod.

2)Go to: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Scripts\Menu and open with ,,notepad'' the file TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

3) find inside the line:

# ship's hull number
UboatHullNumber = "Capitan Mihai" (this is what i puted) change that with the number that you want to use

4) Save

5) Enable the mod

TheDarkWraith
01-30-11, 01:10 PM
why did you put a captain's name in the uboat hull number? There is a place where you can specify the captain's name.

stoianm
01-30-11, 01:13 PM
why did you put a captain's name in the uboat hull number? There is a place where you can specify the captain's name.

Yes i know that but i like to have my name displeyed in messages that i received from BDU in my ,,radio messages box'':har:

TheDarkWraith
01-30-11, 01:15 PM
Yes i know that but i like to have my name displeyed in messages that i received from BDU in my ,,radio messages box'':har:

sounds like a good enough reason for me :up:

Sepp von Ch.
01-30-11, 02:18 PM
Depends what mod you are using.

Supouse you are using MO:

1)Desable the mod.

2)Go to: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Scripts\Menu and open with ,,notepad'' the file TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

3) find inside the line:

# ship's hull number
UboatHullNumber = "Capitan Mihai" (this is what i puted) change that with the number that you want to use

4) Save

5) Enable the mod

And when I do not use UI-mod by TDW? Where can I find the folder that I have to change?

TheDarkWraith
01-30-11, 02:19 PM
And when I do not use UI-mod by TDW? Where can I find the folder that I have to change?

it doesn't exist. Only available in my UIs mod and MO :DL

Sepp von Ch.
01-30-11, 03:22 PM
OK, thanks for reply.

7Infanterie19
03-17-12, 11:54 AM
# ship's hull number

Hello my friend. I hope you are well. :yeah:

I loved your idea, so I tried this in NewUI, not in MO, but I get a CTD (tried both in port and at sea). How did you manage to do that without CTD? In fact, trying this has caused bigger problems in that even after reversing the change, I get CTD, so I have to disable my mods, delete my MODs folder and let JSGME recreate it, then restore the mods and re-enable them to get things going - what a nightmare. :damn:

And as for changing the hull number with another number (not a name) in data\cfg\playersettings, the number just doesn't hold. It just gets reset to what it was as soon as I load the game. :cry: