PDA

View Full Version : How best to reduce world population

The Third Man
01-25-11, 01:53 PM
Some think the world population is our most pressing problem. From global warming to capitalist greed if there were less people all ills would evaporate.

My sollution to the population problem, if it is indeed a problem, a position I don't ascribe to is.......ban penicillin and all anti-biotics world wide.

The population would decline quickly. Don't you think?

gimpy117
01-25-11, 01:58 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9p6udFxOd1qe11kdo1_500.jpg

Rockstar
01-25-11, 02:05 PM
Abolish health care, remove smoking bans, institute the death penalty for capitol crimes worldwide.

TLAM Strike
01-25-11, 02:15 PM
Send them to Mars, terraforming crews have a prodigious death rate...

Raptor1
01-25-11, 02:18 PM
Good old fashioned global thermonuclear war, I say.

Krauter
01-25-11, 02:25 PM
In the spirit of this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z0O2BMO4eE

The Third Man
01-25-11, 02:26 PM
How best to implement the removal of penicillin from the world population? To be fair back to front method should be used. That is those who have caused the most trouble world wide from 1928 to today should lose the wonder drug first. Following that we can use a calender to see which areas received the blessings of penicillin and remove it.

That should bring the world population within manageable levels.

The discovery of penicillin is attributed to Scottish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) scientist and Nobel laureate Alexander Fleming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Fleming) in 1928.[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillin#cite_note-11) He showed that, if Penicillium notatum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillium_notatum) were grown in the appropriate substrate, it would exude a substance with antibiotic properties, which he dubbed penicillin.

Krauter
01-25-11, 02:29 PM
Or we could do things the good ole' North Korean way and lob a shell across our borders for no apparent reason..

Why not do this every other week?

TLAM Strike
01-25-11, 02:30 PM
Outlaw penicillin and only outlaws will have penicillin!

Imagine the narco police breaking down doors searching for pieces of moldy bread and arresting bio-chem students on suspicion of making antibiotics. It will be madness!! :haha:

Task Force
01-25-11, 02:30 PM
Hmmm, after reading about the casultys from ww2, We should all go to war. That will fix it!

Or you could put bio chemicals in the water systems of large citys. that would work also.

the_tyrant
01-25-11, 02:32 PM
You want to get on this list?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs792.snc4/67280_149175675126936_100001035136448_269459_16193 94_n.jpg

Krauter
01-25-11, 02:33 PM
@TLAM; I can only imagine.

@Task Force: Naah World War is over rated. I vote, we do intercontinental Wars. Tournament style.

North America
vs
Central America

South America
vs

Europe
vs
Asia

Oceania (sp?)
vs
South America

Task Force
01-25-11, 02:34 PM
^good point, would prove more intresting...

or
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/10615/All-Declare-War_jpg_445x1000_upscale_q85.jpg

STEED
01-25-11, 02:38 PM
^^^:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:^^^

STEED
01-25-11, 02:38 PM
World War 7

3 to 6 are way to boring to bother with.

Task Force
01-25-11, 02:40 PM
World War 7

I say we call it the "HE POKED ME!!!" war

The Third Man
01-25-11, 02:41 PM
World War 7

We have a few wars to go thru first. WWIII may be penicillin. What do you think Sherlock?

razark
01-25-11, 02:42 PM
Send them to Mars, terraforming crews have a prodigious death rate...
You're only saying that because out of the ones we've sent, none have come back.

Krauter
^good point, would prove more intresting...

or
pic

:har: :har: :har:

I like the drunkard declares war on Ireland.

"Nations struggle to remember allies" :haha:

MH
http://signsofthelastdays.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/population-control.jpg

Task Force
01-25-11, 02:44 PM
You're only saying that because out of the ones we've sent, none have come back.

We should start our own mars settlement company, we can get rich off it!

200,000 For a family pack

70,000 for couples

50,000 for singles

(extra 10,000 for pets)

No money back, and no insurance!

nikimcbee
01-25-11, 02:44 PM
re-introduce predators into the population (not the movie).

Introduce wild tigers into metro areas.
(not detroit tigers though, they suck as predators):haha:

Dowly
01-25-11, 02:46 PM
Uncle Adolf & Co. had a pretty good handle on this subject.

Raptor1
We should start our own mars settlement company, we can get rich off it!

200,000 For a family pack

70,000 for couples

50,000 for singles

(extra 10,000 for pets)

No money back, and no insurance!

Yeah, we can also declare war on Mars and get the military to send people there, so we can get the taxpayers to cover the expenses.

Task Force

Even better, make a colosseum like the Romans did!

The Third Man
01-25-11, 02:47 PM

Buddy. There are plenty of predators in the population.

Task Force
01-25-11, 02:48 PM
Buddy. There are plenty of predators in the population.

Yea, but they dont eat the people when they die.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 02:52 PM
No one has posed a better method of reducing the population than the banning of penicillin.

Certainly there must be some other means or the subject of too many people would have not been raised.....Skybird.

STEED
01-25-11, 02:52 PM
Relax, New World Order will wipe out half the planet. :shifty:

STEED
01-25-11, 02:57 PM
We have a few wars to go thru first. WWIII may be penicillin. What do you think Sherlock?

Hmmm...Don't forget the oil wars and water waters and ermm. :hmmm:

Task Force
01-25-11, 02:58 PM
No one has posed a better method of reducing the population than the banning of penicillin.

Certainly there must be some other means or the subject of too many people would have not been raised.....Skybird.

Hmm, Have the military shoot EVERYONE on sight, civie, or militant. Ban all medical pratice, and remove traffic lights!

STEED
01-25-11, 03:00 PM
I have the answer...

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/death_star_2.jpg

There sorted. :D

the_tyrant
01-25-11, 03:01 PM
Uncle Adolf & Co. had a pretty good handle on this subject.

When I read to your post one of my buddies just tweeted this awesome game!
Its called MD5 battle
http://blog.5d.cn/user2/orange-girl/upload/2007-03/2007-3-31234522_0_.swf
its in Chinese though

Dowly HP:181 attack:99 defense:66 speed:89 skill:51 luck:86
Adolf Hitler HP:278 attack:50 defense:68 speed:64 skill:94 luck:55

[Dowly]attacked[Adolf Hitler], reducing [Adolf Hitler]'s HP by 120
[Adolf Hitler]is enraged, and he bit[Dowly], [Dowly]'s hp went down by 59
[Dowly]attacked[Adolf Hitler], reducing [Adolf Hitler]'s HP by 143
[Adolf Hitler]attacked[Dowly], [Dowly]'s hp went down by 38
[Dowly]attacked[Adolf Hitler], reducing [Adolf Hitler]'s HP by 127
[Adolf Hitler]is defeated!
:haha:

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:04 PM
Hmm, Have the military shoot EVERYONE on sight, civie, or militant. Ban all medical pratice, and remove traffic lights!

From tooth aches to diabetic sores without penicillin the infection will kill far more people than there are bullets or people to fire them in the world.

Dowly
01-25-11, 03:04 PM
When I read to your post one of my buddies just tweeted this awesome game!
Its called MD5 battle
http://blog.5d.cn/user2/orange-girl/upload/2007-03/2007-3-31234522_0_.swf
its in Chinese though

Dowly HP:181 attack:99 defense:66 speed:89 skill:51 luck:86
Adolf Hitler HP:278 attack:50 defense:68 speed:64 skill:94 luck:55

[Dowly]attacked[Adolf Hitler], reducing [Adolf Hitler]'s HP by 120
[Adolf Hitler]is enraged, and he bit[Dowly], [Dowly]'s hp went down by 59
[Dowly]attacked[Adolf Hitler], reducing [Adolf Hitler]'s HP by 143
[Adolf Hitler]attacked[Dowly], [Dowly]'s hp went down by 38
[Dowly]attacked[Adolf Hitler], reducing [Adolf Hitler]'s HP by 127
[Adolf Hitler]is defeated!

Lmao! :har:

From tooth aches to diabetic sores without penicillin the infection will kill far more people than there are bullets or people to fire them in the world.

Is this one of those topics of yours where your idea is the BEST EVAH and other's are just dumb? :88)

Task Force
01-25-11, 03:05 PM

But if you burn and pillage everything, no one will get out.

Raptor1
01-25-11, 03:06 PM

Nuclear war is much more efficient, it is quick and most likely less expensive too. Those accursed strategic arms control treaties have unfortunately limited this somewhat, but there are still more than enough warheads to do the job.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:07 PM
Lmao! :har:

Is this one of those topics of yours where your idea is the BEST EVAH and other's are just dumb? :88)

I am open to a better one. But you have to know human history.

Task Force
01-25-11, 03:07 PM
Nuclear war is much more efficient, it is quick and most likely less expensive too. Those accursed strategic arms control treaties have unfortunately limited this somewhat, but there are still more than enough warheads to do the job.

Yep, I think 9,000 will do. let the radiation do the rest.

* best way is a bio weapon, transmitted though air, that attacks the cells in the lungs choaking you to death, with no cure, only way to live though it is to hide away, for many many years.

frau kaleun
01-25-11, 03:09 PM

Tigers?

Pfffffft.

VELOCIRAPTORS. :woot:

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:10 PM

Nuclear war is certainly a death giver. But there are only so many warheads and so many population areas. Denying penicillin is in the long term (2 years) more effective in cost for any nation.

Dowly
01-25-11, 03:12 PM

"Clever girl..." *om nom nom nom*

;)

nikimcbee
01-25-11, 03:15 PM
Tigers?

Pfffffft.

i was going to type that, but I was too lazy to type VELOCIRAPTORS

the_tyrant
You know, I can picture The Third Man in his shady basement planning world domination, coming here for tips and ideas

Raptor1
Nuclear war is certainly a death giver. But there are only so many warheads and so many population areas. Denying penicillin is in the long term (2 years) more effective in cost for any nation.

But if you eliminate the major population centers with direct strikes, the fallout and radiation will render large areas of the rest of the world uninhabitable, percipitating the death of a large percentage of the remaining population. Furthermore, the resulting chaos and anarchy among the survivors will not only result in even more deaths, but also further destruction of the remaining resources, causing more deaths from starvation and disease, thus easily surpassing whatever you're suggesting in death toll.

frau kaleun
01-25-11, 03:18 PM
i was going to type that, but I was too lazy to type VELOCIRAPTORS

And there's your secret to surviving the post-apocalyptic velociraptor infestation, folks. You don't have to be faster than the 'raptors, you just have to be faster than McBee. Fortunately this does not sound difficult. :O:

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 03:20 PM

The ban of penicillin may not have to be done at all Third Man. Penicillin is become more ineffective everyday. Penicillin has been over used since discovery. The 'bug' is getting immune to penicillin. Soon penicillin will be ineffective for just about everything. There has to be other antibiotics created. The more we move ahead the the faster the 'bug' adapts. There are plenty of infectious diseases that we have no known cure. Eventually what penicillin would cure will not work anymore.

razark
01-25-11, 03:22 PM
But if you eliminate the major population centers with direct strikes, the fallout and radiation will render large areas of the rest of the world uninhabitable, percipitating the death of a large percentage of the remaining population. Furthermore, the resulting chaos and anarchy among the survivors will not only result in even more deaths, but also further destruction of the remaining resources, causing more deaths from starvation and disease, thus easily surpassing whatever you're suggesting in death toll.
It would also make it rather hard to distribute the penicillin.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:23 PM
Fall out only occures if the warheads reach the surface. Current nuclear stategy encompasses air burst. Radiation? Which type is delitory? Our sun irradiates us daily, through our homes.

I guess you ascribe to the violent action as the most effective, I do not. As a healthy young person you have never seen the ravages of infection. You have always lived in the world with penicillin. In a world without penicillin the most minor infection is your death. And everyone knew it before 1928/30

Rockstar
01-25-11, 03:24 PM
:o Oooo lions and tigers. I like that one.

ReFaN
01-25-11, 03:24 PM
Launch some Nukes, problem solved.

Krauter
01-25-11, 03:26 PM
Or we could just have sex with anyone and anything :D

Let the STIs take care of us.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:27 PM
The ban of penicillin may not have to be done at all Third Man. Penicillin is become more ineffective everyday. Penicillin has been over used since discovery. The 'bug' is getting immune to penicillin. Soon penicillin will be ineffective for just about everything. There has to be other antibiotics created. The more we move ahead the the faster the 'bug' adapts. There are plenty of infectious diseases that we have no known cure. Eventually what penicillin would cure will not work anymore.

That is because of miss use. For every person like myself who doesn't like taking pills there are twice as many who do like it and stop on a penicillin regime before they should.

Task Force
01-25-11, 03:27 PM
Fall out only occures if the warheads reach the surface. Current nuclear stategy encompasses air burst. Radiation? Which type is delitory? Our sun irradiates us daily, through our homes.

I guess you ascribe to the violent action as the most effective, I do not. As a healthy young person you have never seen the ravages of infection. You have always lived in the world with penicillin. In a world without penicillin the most minor infection is your death. And everyone knew it before 1928/30

And thats why my bioweapon idea is very effective, have it have a "waiting period" till it has spread into society, spread around the world, from one country to the next, then have it go live. It would be a suddle suprise to the world, no one would be expecting it, no one would be able to respond, all of a suddent, people would just start droping dead, at a alarming rate.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:30 PM
And thats why my bioweapon idea is very effective, have it have a "waiting period" till it has spread into society, spread around the world, from one country to the next, then have it go live. It would be a suddle suprise to the world, no one would be expecting it, no one would be able to respond, all of a suddent, people would just start droping dead, at a alarming rate.

Have you seen the Twelve Monkeys?

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 03:30 PM
Because of this general state of panic, we often fail to recognize big problems that aren't particularly sexy to the media. One of these problems is the developing crisis regarding the effectiveness of antibiotics. Simply put, they don't work as well as they used to.
Viruses and bacteria are becoming resistant to our most common antibiotics. Consider these facts. Of the roughly 100 antibiotics we have, every bacteria strain that causes us illness has developed at least one strain that is resistant to an antibiotic treatment. Nearly 20,000 people die in medical facilities every year from antibiotic resistant bacteria. When it comes to blood poising and pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus aureus, we are down to our last effective antibiotic - Vancomycin.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Antibiotic-Crisis---A-Loss-of-Effectiveness&id=1313152

As you can see..we do not have to do much about anything in population reduction. Eventually a microbe will take care of the issue.

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 03:32 PM
That is because of miss use. For every person like myself who doesn't like taking pills there are twice as many who do like it and stop on a penicillin regime before they should.

Continued miss use and the ball already rolling concerning antibotics, there is no reason to ban penicillin. Soon penicillin will be useless. Those ills that penicillin once cured will now kill.

the_tyrant
01-25-11, 03:34 PM
Continued miss use and the ball already rolling concerning antibotics, there is no reason to ban penicillin. Soon penicillin will be useless. Those ills that penicillin once cured will now kill.

Come up with a theory that developing antibiotics is bad for animals, its like playing god, its bad for the economy etc

soon enough, those groups will come and force the UN to ban antibiotic development
then the bacteria will kill us:yeah:

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:37 PM

The question was how to reduce the world population. NOT wether it should be done. If you believe "Soon penicillin will be useless." lets ban it now and stop paying the money.

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 03:39 PM
Come up with a theory that developing antibiotics is bad for animals, its like playing god, its bad for the economy etc

soon enough, those groups will come and force the UN to ban antibiotic development
then the bacteria will kill us:yeah:

The bacteria is already working on killing us all. Pneumonia today is a very serious issue.

Oberon
01-25-11, 03:40 PM
:hmmm:

Resource wars. :yep: Coming to a nation near you soon.

Failing that, dinosaur killer. :yeah:

Task Force
01-25-11, 03:41 PM

Resource wars. :yep: Coming to a nation near you soon.

Failing that, dinosaur killer. :yeah:

I give it around 65 to 80 years... Then we will have a resource war.

Because our governments are more intrested on makeing a bigger gun, than space technology...

(or just play Justin biber on all the loudspeakers/radios all over the world at one time... Humanity cant deal with that much gay.)

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 03:42 PM
The question was how to reduce the world population. NOT wether it should be done. If you believe "Soon penicillin will be useless." lets ban it now and stop paying the money.

You don't get it. I don't believe penicillin is useless...the greater medical community know it is growing useless. It is not dead yet and will still kill first strains of bacteria. It is the second strains that cause issue. You are asking how to reduce population. We do not not have to do a thing...bacteria will do that for use so why sit and dwell on how to reduce the population?

Raptor1
01-25-11, 03:44 PM
I give it around 65 to 80 years... Then we will have a resource war.

It will only be until April, 2052 before the Resource Wars break out. :yep:

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:45 PM
The thing that amazes me is the folks who opt for nuclear war as the best way to solve the population problem. The instant, solution, as opposed to the long term solution gives us all a reason to step back and reflect on who we are culturaly. Euros are blood thirsty shelfish gits..

Task Force
01-25-11, 03:46 PM
Oah goodie, So. we have anouther 41 years.

*I though all of humanity where blood thirsty selfish gits, Its human nature. Hell id say its the natural way of all life.

Nature is a violent thing, Its not this peacful thing everyone thinks of.

STEED
01-25-11, 03:48 PM
http://2sistersblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/633716523865226260-soylentgreen.jpg

Raptor1
01-25-11, 03:49 PM
You wanted the best way to reduce world population, not the best way to "step back and reflect on who we are culturaly". As it stands, the most efficient way to reduce the world's population is widespread use of thermonuclear weapons, if you wanted something else, you should've specified it.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 03:49 PM
Oah goodie, So. we have anouther 41 years.

*I though all of humanity where blood thirsty selfish gits, Its human nature. Hell id say its the natural way of all life.

Nature is a violent thing, Its not this peacful thing everyone thinks of.

But since Mr Obama (2009 peace prize winner) I thought I was so perfectable. Silly utopia.

Task Force
01-25-11, 03:50 PM
^, oah, and we could find a way to make the sun age at +1,000,000% that would fix it! And get rid of our solar system!

* ya know, the obama talks are getting old dude... He is so last year.

August
01-25-11, 04:40 PM
Bio weapons, withholding medicines, war. Is that the best you guys can come up with?

How about simply keeping our flies zipped up? All we have to do is keep a negative birthrate for a short while and the problem will be solved with nobody having to die.

razark
01-25-11, 04:47 PM
Bio weapons, withholding medicines, war. Is that the best you guys can come up with?

How about simply keeping our flies zipped up? All we have to do is keep a negative birthrate for a short while and the problem will be solved with nobody having to die.
The problem with that is getting everyone to join in.

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 04:47 PM
Yeah, like the Duggers...

http://www.babychums.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the_duggar_family.jpg

Krauter
01-25-11, 04:48 PM
Where's the fun in that?

Why don't we just go crazy and then the STI's will take care of us :D

Respenus
01-25-11, 04:52 PM

Just wanted to post this.

Age my friends is the answer. Time is the fire in which we burn. Limit the world population to a certain number and calculate the precise number of births that just should allow in order to prevent too fast a collapse. It will take a while, it will be a tough ride with all the resource problems, but if you manage to do it, you would have no need to directly kill someone, removing some of the moral problems, as well as ensure that those who do grow up have an increasing amount of resources at their disposal. It's green and its mean :O:

But no, in all seriousness, it is either complete population control or killing on a massive scale though all manner of devices. And still you wouldn't have enough space to bury all the billions of bodies. If we do chose war, than no body lives though the massacre of Humanity. If do take a slow approach and decide to sacrifice a lot in out time so that the following generations will have something to grow upon, then we might still have a slight chance to actually achieve something.

It's the Malthusian dilemma. Do you allow them to die due to hunger, disease, war, etc. or do you take the Huxley way and in one way or another control the birthing process. Any more "humane" ideas out there?

Skybird
01-25-11, 05:06 PM
Dwindling resources will take care of population levels. Just give it sufficient time. ;)

Serious. Many regional cultures died out, from local tribal cultures like the Anazasi over expeditionary colony cultures like many polynesean islands or the Vikings on Greenland, to huge empires like the Mayas. They often died by starvation until the very last man, because they bred more people than they could feed by the environment within their reach, and that which was within their reach, collapsed due to excessive exploitation. Or sometimes the supporting home cultures stopped to support their colonies due to own collapse or dying interest, cutting the colonists off from vital supplies whose lack sealed the colonists' doom.

We are doing the very same on global scale now, we - as a global population - consume 3-4 times as many of nature's resources than it can replace. The weak countries will suffer and collapse first, the richer later.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 05:10 PM
Dwindling resources will take care of population levels. Just give it sufficient time. ;)

Serious. Many regional cultures died out, from local tribal cultures like the Anazasi over expeditionary colony cultures like many polynesean islands or the Vikings on Greenland, to huge empires like the Mayas. They often died by starvation until the very last man, because they bred more people than they could feed by the environment within their reach, and that which was within their reach, collapsed due to excessive exploitation.

We are doing the very same on global scale now. The weak countries will suffer and collapse first, the richer later.

Germans? Any other bright ideas? If you don't understand how your history makes you inviolet...you are not very smart.

Skybird
01-25-11, 05:14 PM
Yes, shooting trolls would help, too, while too long exposition to troll threads is suspected to help making the viewing generation infertile.

Krauter
01-25-11, 05:15 PM
You know, your comments are racist sometimes.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 05:17 PM
Yes, shooting trolls would help, too, while too long exposition to troll threads is suspected to help making the viewing generation infertile.

Shooting....how violent. BTW I'm not a troll, any more than you. just a spokesman of reason.

TLAM Strike
01-25-11, 05:20 PM

Anyone have a feeling that Rainbow Six will be visiting TF's house soon? :O:

TLAM Strike
01-25-11, 05:24 PM
Yeah, we can also declare war on Mars and get the military to send people there, so we can get the taxpayers to cover the expenses.

No we have to lose contact with the Colonists on the planet first then the Marines go in.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9283/marinesy.jpg

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 05:31 PM

I believe our good @mbassador has a kill team at his disposal. You know, protecting freedom an all.

Morts
just a spokesman of reason.
http://holycrapthatsfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hahahahaha.jpg

ETR3(SS)
My sollution to the population problem, if it is indeed a problem, a position I don't ascribe to is.......ban penicillin and all anti-biotics world wide.

The population would decline quickly. Don't you think?Quickly? Depends upon your definition of quickly.

Fall out only occures if the warheads reach the surface. Wrong.

After an air burst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_burst), fission products, un-fissioned nuclear material, and weapon residues vaporized by the heat of the fireball condense into a fine suspension of small particles 10 nm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanometre) to 20 µm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micrometre) in diameter. These particles may be quickly drawn up into the stratosphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratosphere), particularly if the explosive yield exceeds 10 kt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiloton).

Current nuclear stategy encompasses air burst. But we're not talking about current nuclear strategy are we? The stated goal is reduction of global population. Thus the warheads would be set to detonate at the appropriate moment, near the ground.

Radiation? Which type is delitory? Our sun irradiates us daily, through our homes.
You're generalizing the word radiation. Yes the sun does irradiate the earth daily. The earth has many ways to protect us from the suns radiation, but zero ways to protect us from radiation given off by a nuclear detonation.

Here's a list of the top 100 populated cities on the planet. http://www.worldatlas.com/citypops.htm

Now here's a list of nuclear weapon stockpile estimates. http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/nuclearweapons/nukestatus.html

You do the math.

Task Force
01-25-11, 05:40 PM

Heh, Its just a theory (to any of you govenment peoples out there)

UnderseaLcpl
01-25-11, 05:52 PM
No we have to lose contact with the Colonists on the planet first then the Marines go in.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9283/marinesy.jpg

1) Marines don't get that much warning.

2) How do I get out of this chicken---- outfit?

Gerald
01-25-11, 05:54 PM
Use a condom,:O:

frau kaleun
01-25-11, 06:04 PM
How do I get out of this chicken---- outfit?

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade!

Oberon
01-25-11, 06:15 PM

Serious. Many regional cultures died out, from local tribal cultures like the Anazasi over expeditionary colony cultures like many polynesean islands or the Vikings on Greenland, to huge empires like the Mayas. They often died by starvation until the very last man, because they bred more people than they could feed by the environment within their reach, and that which was within their reach, collapsed due to excessive exploitation. Or sometimes the supporting home cultures stopped to support their colonies due to own collapse or dying interest, cutting the colonists off from vital supplies whose lack sealed the colonists' doom.

We are doing the very same on global scale now, we - as a global population - consume 3-4 times as many of nature's resources than it can replace. The weak countries will suffer and collapse first, the richer later.

^ This. It's a perfectly natural population control point, alongside natural disasters and disease. Mankind is striving to predict natural disasters and is learning where not to build, and medicines are removing disease...however short of inventing replicators (the Star Trek version, not the Stargate one) we will eventually run out of food, it's already happening, food prices are at an all time high. Before we run out of food though, we will run out of oil, and just about everything we use has oil in it in some form, be it plastic or petrol. It's like a nuclear reaction, it's begun and it cannot stop, short of some kind of 'Children of Men' style mass sterilisation. Which is something I suspect will be done to some nations by others, or by some nations to their populace before the century is out. Other options include, the good old Soylent Green, or basic nutrient food pills and Japanese capsule hotel style living accommodation, drugs and mass entertainment to dull the senses of the populace, draconian measures to curb unrest.
So enjoy the moment, you may complain about Obama but compared to what's coming, he's absolutely nothing, you'll see. :yep:

Growler
01-25-11, 06:38 PM
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade!

Right, right. Somebody said "alien", and she thought they said, "illegal alien" n' signed up.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 06:42 PM
Let not a Master's degree sway common sence. it is obvious the more educated the less living.

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 06:43 PM
Let not a Master's degree sway common sence. it is obvious the more educated the less living.

Actually, I have a doctorate, dude. But what does that have to do with population? Are you trolling yourself now?

UnderseaLcpl
01-25-11, 06:45 PM

I'm not entirely sure but I.....I think I may have just been pwnt. Did I get pwnt? Somebody else look at what she said and tell me if I got pwnt.:shifty:

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 06:45 PM
I'm not entirely sure but I.....I think I may have just been pwnt. Did I get pwnt? Somebody else look at what she said and tell me if I got pwnt.:shifty:

Frau's pretty friggin' sharp.

Growler
01-25-11, 06:50 PM

I think she was calling you a wuss, but by channeling Gary Coleman, I think she called herself short, too.

UnderseaLcpl
01-25-11, 07:02 PM
:sad face:

krashkart
01-25-11, 07:04 PM
:sad face:

Why the long face, Wilbur?

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo187/chill311/laughing_horse_teeth.jpg

The Third Man
01-25-11, 07:07 PM
Actually, I have a doctorate, dude. But what does that have to do with population? Are you trolling yourself now?

Then you are most better. Why do you feel insulted? Shouldhn't you take a higher ground?

UnderseaLcpl
01-25-11, 07:08 PM
There is entirely too much belittling of me by using references to things that were old when I was 5 going on here.:shifty:

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 07:08 PM
Then you are most better. Why do you feel insulted? Shouldhn't you take a higher ground?

I did take the higher ground. But you just refuse to let me be. And yes, I am better.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 07:14 PM
I did take the higher ground. But you just refuse to let me be. And yes, I am better.

I'm more than willing to let you think you are smarter than everyone on subsim. I will use it to my advanage.

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 07:14 PM
I'm more than willing to let you think you are smarter than everyone on subsim. I will use it to my advanage.

You do that, sport. I'm sure that everyone here, who you spent the last six months insulting and further alienating, will listen.

Oberon
01-25-11, 07:16 PM
You do that, sport. I'm sure that everyone here, who you spent the last six months insulting and further alienating, will listen.

Listen to who? :03:

UnderseaLcpl
01-25-11, 07:17 PM
What is it about being a total ass that fascinates you so much?

Growler
Listen to who? :03:

OMG... I get it now... D - OWL - Y!!!

Whoo!! Whoo!!

The Third Man

Sport? You will report me as a trol tomorrow, Look in the mirrow an say POS.

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 07:18 PM

Don't get mad now. You'll do yourself further harm, if that be possible. I mean that in sincerity, although I am not sure that you deserve any type of friendly advice at this point. Still, I give it freely.

The Third Man
01-25-11, 07:19 PM
Don't get mad now. You'll do yourself further harm, if that be possible. I mean that in sincerity, although I am not sure that you deserve any type of friendly advice at this point.

Girl

Dowly
01-25-11, 07:23 PM
OMG... I get it now... D - OWL - Y!!!

Whoo!! Whoo!!

:DL I actually remember when I started using 'Dowly', was playing Half-life 1's Day of Defeat mod online when I changed it and as a matter of fact I first thought of using 'Owly' as a new nick, but then added the D to the beginning (didn't know at this point yet that that it actually means something :O:).

Girl

GIRLY MAN!

Growler
01-25-11, 07:24 PM
Girl

How does this help the situation at all?

Dude, you're in the weaker position here. Provoking a confrontation is a waste of time; yours, his, ours, and other mods'. Name-calling? You've made many points in the past of holding to higher ground and backing arguments with your facts. Why this banality now? You're only weakening your own position. You've claimed moral and intellectual superiority in many cases, and yet you resort to this is the face of this fight, which you could have walked away from at any time. Why can't you let it go this time?

frau kaleun
01-25-11, 07:25 PM
There is entirely too much belittling of me by using references to things that were old when I was 5 going on here.:shifty:

Now I'm pretty sure the rest of us just got pwnt. :O:

Oberon
01-25-11, 07:29 PM
Girl

Awwwww, look, it's gone all defensive.

http://highnoonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/duck_and_cover_bert_the_turtle_poster-p228886835009748519t5ta_400.jpg

UnderseaLcpl
01-25-11, 07:31 PM
I'll report you as a troll right now. You're harassing Tak for no good reason I can discern. I've had plenty of discussions with him that, despite our conflicting viewpoints, never turned uncivil, and some of them were actually productive. He certainly doesn't think he's better than everyone else.

-nvm he's in the brig already.

Task Force
01-25-11, 07:31 PM
Heh, Im predicting he will make a 2nd account and start anouther subsim army of zombies!:rotfl2:

Oberon
01-25-11, 07:32 PM
That's if he gets keelhauled which, to be honest, after spending...what...three, four times in the brig now, should be pretty inevitable.

Yeah, he'll be back, they can never stay away... :damn:

Dowly
01-25-11, 07:33 PM
(Thanks to Privateer for introducing this to me ages ago, good times. :salute:)
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/freestuff/oddio/Final-IFoughtTheTroll.mp3

Friday night and I'm gonna get sauced,
I fought the troll and the... troll lost,
I fought the troll and the... troll lost.

He tried to boss me and was... out-bossed,

Underneath his Freeper bridge,
Hoping goats will cross,
Quoting Ashcroft and Tom Ridge,

He's even dumber than Mickey Kaus,

Wouldn't last two minutes with David Frost,

His worldview sounds like pro wrestling,
Although not as nuanced,
Behind his eyes the wind's whistling,

I kicked him offa Pandagon and... Atrios,

He's permanently banned from Dai... ly Kos,

And in November Double-Yuh
And all his thugs we'll toss,
We'll try to fix America,

(spoken)
And all you trolls out there, trying to aggravate everyone with your stupidity, illogic, and blind unthinking devotion to the Bush regime, this section is especially for you. I'm not going to name any of you out loud, not wanting to give you even the slightest possible noteriety, but as you sink under the weight of your own asininity into an intellectual La Brea Tar Pit, you can imagine that I sing your nom du guerre right now... and bask in a stolen fame you don't deserve.

Growler
01-25-11, 07:34 PM
*wipes a tear away*

Dowly...

that was beautiful.

Task Force
01-25-11, 07:35 PM
That's if he gets keelhauled which, to be honest, after spending...what...three, four times in the brig now, should be pretty inevitable.

Yeah, he'll be back, they can never stay away... :damn:

I agree obi, These trolls need to die much quicker, as brigging them dosent work.

Dowly
01-25-11, 07:37 PM
Aww come on, trolls bring endless delight to the usually so boring GT. :yep:

Takeda Shingen
01-25-11, 07:40 PM
I don't like to make a big deal of things, but I was really trying to leave him alone. His behavior was really starting to bother me when he was going after you guys today, but I made a vow to myself to leave him be. Really, I didn't want this, and I knew that it would end up this way, which is why I really went out of my way to avoid it. His constant attacks on me really began to become irritating, and yes, moderators have feelings too. We try to suppress them, but it comes out from time to time.

Thanks for your support, guys. This is a pretty special community.

Oberon
01-25-11, 07:43 PM
Troll baiting can be rather fun done in groups I must admit. :yep:

krashkart
01-25-11, 07:45 PM
It's a great spectator sport. :yeah:

Tak, you have a head cool as cucumbers. :yep:

Oberon
01-25-11, 07:48 PM
Aye, I'd have had the claymore out long ago. :yep:

Skybird
01-25-11, 07:57 PM
Before we run out of food though, we will run out of oil, and just about everything we use has oil in it in some form, be it plastic or petrol.

Global and long range transportation. Fertilizer for our over-used farming soils. Pesticides. Chemical basic agents. Medical drugs. Construction material. Temperature and electrical isolation material. Lubricants. Cosmetics. Heating. Electricity production.

But especially global transportation (air, road, ship), fertilizers, pesticides. Kill oil, and food production in global totals will go rock bottom.

or basic nutrient food pills :yep:
So far we lack the knowledge to have nutrition pills that indeed could replace normal food without causing diseases over the years.

Amazing, isn't it!? But it'S true. Currently many vitamine pills and such get put into question, for example, for they lack the ammou nts and combinations of vitamines with other cereals and components that so far had not been payed much attention to. It is a coup of the vitamine indsustry to have made us believe that these things are healthy. Buit most of artifical vitamines are not doing any good if taken in pill form, but many can cause health risks over the years. Even the supportive value of Vitamin-C in case you have a flu is being put into question.

Takeda,
you are a very patient man. This statement holds both light and shadow. ;) :up:

HunterICX
01-25-11, 08:12 PM
Takeda,

glad you kept your cool mate :up: I can bet ya he was crawling under the skins of most around here.

I avoided to respond to him, but when I red his nonesense and trolling about you could time my rage build up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI :haha:

HunterICX

Castout
01-25-11, 08:28 PM
I don't like to make a big deal of things, but I was really trying to leave him alone. His behavior was really starting to bother me when he was going after you guys today, but I made a vow to myself to leave him be. Really, I didn't want this, and I knew that it would end up this way, which is why I really went out of my way to avoid it. His constant attacks on me really began to become irritating, and yes, moderators have feelings too. We try to suppress them, but it comes out from time to time.

Thanks for your support, guys. This is a pretty special community.

I'm behind you Takeda. In my opinion you're one of many people here I'd give utmost trust and respect who make subsim community great.

I don't think the guy is a native English speaker . . . . I can only guess where the guy comes from. . . . . .I'd say he's probably Chinese who speak Chinese regularly but still could be from any country.

AVGWarhawk
01-25-11, 08:31 PM
There is a revolving door for this young man. :hmmm:

mookiemookie
01-25-11, 08:39 PM
I love you all, except for Third Man. If I told him that he could go farg himself, he may take it as me overestimating his athletic ability instead of insulting him.

Growler
01-25-11, 09:08 PM
Takeda,

glad you kept your cool mate :up: I can bet ya he was crawling under the skins of most around here.

Quoted for truth. I said my piece earlier, but I must wonder why TTM takes everything Obama-related as a personal attack on him, and he's the only one with the wisdom and clarity of vision to see it; the rest of us must be abject morons barely capable of typing coherent words, let alone sentences - that's the attitude he seems to project (to me, at least).

I mean, OK, there's a lot of folks here with whom I disagree, but we've managed to remain fairly civil in our disagreements. Mostly. But this guy, he takes everything to the point of extremism, and then won't let go. He's like a political pitbull, without the redeeming qualities of the breed.

Takeda, you showed remarkable restraint, given the inflammatory nature of his responses. In light of my own current circumstances, I don't know that I could have handled the situation anywhere near as well.

Platapus
01-25-11, 09:58 PM
I don't like to make a big deal of things, but I was really trying to leave him alone.

Honest and sincere question: Why do you bother responding to it?

Next time it makes a thread, it would be great if everyone ignored it.

Responding only gives it what it wants.

Friends don't let friends feed trolls. :up:

the_tyrant
01-25-11, 10:01 PM
I don't think the guy is a native English speaker . . . . I can only guess where the guy comes from. . . . . .I'd say he's probably Chinese who speak Chinese regularly but still could be from any country.

Not chinese, Trollnese
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs580.ash2/150203_464747783615_596508615_5772158_200757_n.jpg

the pic is ok right?

Castout
01-25-11, 10:07 PM
Not chinese, Trollnese
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs580.ash2/150203_464747783615_596508615_5772158_200757_n.jpg

the pic is ok right?

:DL Sorry if my comment offends you but I'm Chinese too(There's supposed to be Dutch in it too but it's too far up the lineage). Didn't mean to be racist.

LOL at the picture.

Honest and sincere question: Why do you bother responding to it?

Next time it makes a thread, it would be great if everyone ignored it.

Responding only gives it what it wants.

Friends don't let friends feed trolls. :up:

Haven't you realized too many people here at subsim are exceedingly friendly that they will courteously and eagerly reply to just about any thread. Take a look at spam threads for example :haha:. Seriously the people here are just nice and welcoming.

Krauter
01-25-11, 10:16 PM
Aww I missed it :( I was just getting my torch and pitchfork ready :(.

frau kaleun
01-25-11, 10:24 PM
Haven't you realized too many people here at subsim are exceedingly friendly that they will courteously and eagerly reply to just about any thread. Take a look at spam threads for example :haha:. Seriously the people here are just nice and welcoming.

And that can be a problem, especially when it comes to newer members who don't know the history involved - someone starts a thread that seems (given the lack of context that knowing "the history" would provide) to be just another topic being raised for discussion... and they may respond in the manner to which they've become accustomed through interaction with most of the rest of the membership and get blindsided by what happens. Or run into a troll in their first tentative delurking here and NOT have the benefit of seeing more established members respond in a way that makes it clear that trolling is not welcome and likely to result in a loss of credibility and goodwill.

I saw that happen in a large and (at the time) incredibly busy Yahoo Group I belong to... completely unrelated subject matter, but it had much the same community spirit and general civility that typically reigns here. The owner/moderator had a very light hand, and for years that was all that was needed. Then one day, unbeknownst to us, Yahoo decided to promote us as a "featured group" on their home page.

Suddenly we were inundated with new members who all began posting, most of them sincere and well-meaning, but among them a few trolls who were obviously so to the longstanding regulars but not to the other new members who had no idea how long anyone else had been there. We went from 25-30 posts a day to a couple thousand during one (looooong) weekend, during which we had people joining at the rate of about 1 per minute. At the time there was ONE moderator.

Within a few hours there were flame wars erupting all over the place, because the people who didn't yet know any better were feeding trolls they didn't know were trolls based on the assumption that what they were reading in those trolls' posts and the other new members' sometimes equally abusive (if provoked) replies reflected the status quo of the group when it absolutely did not.

Personally I'd rather see people deflect a troll thread's purpose by harmless mockery or humorous deflection, even if it counts as "feeding" said troll, than have some new member stumble on it right off and get caught up in a flame war and then log out thinking that's how things are done here.

Anyway tTM is easy enough to ignore - the forum does provide one with that option, after all - but when the interaction of others in response becomes entertaining, it's very hard to resist. :DL

krashkart
01-25-11, 10:27 PM
Aww I missed it :( I was just getting my torch and pitchfork ready :(.

Just wait a few days or so. Another one will show up. Or make another appearance. :yep:

the_tyrant
01-25-11, 10:53 PM
:DL Sorry if my comment offends you but I'm Chinese too(There's supposed to be Dutch in it too but it's too far up the lineage). Didn't mean to be racist.

LOL at the picture.

No offense taken:salute:
I'm Sino-canadian
found the picture on my friend's wall, loled the first time i saw it

Sailor Steve
01-25-11, 11:05 PM
Germans? Any other bright ideas? If you don't understand how your history makes you inviolet...you are not very smart.
Skybird, did you know that you Germans have a history of being non-purple?

Sailor Steve
01-25-11, 11:19 PM
How does this help the situation at all?

Dude, you're in the weaker position here. Provoking a confrontation is a waste of time; yours, his, ours, and other mods'. Name-calling? You've made many points in the past of holding to higher ground and backing arguments with your facts. Why this banality now? You're only weakening your own position. You've claimed moral and intellectual superiority in many cases, and yet you resort to this is the face of this fight, which you could have walked away from at any time. Why can't you let it go this time?
There is no "this time" and he's always been like this. His "higher ground" is a cover for the truth, which is that in spite of his claims he has never done anything but troll.

In case you've forgotten, refresh yourself with this little gem:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173903

August
01-25-11, 11:25 PM
It's the Malthusian dilemma. Do you allow them to die due to hunger, disease, war, etc. or do you take the Huxley way and in one way or another control the birthing process. Any more "humane" ideas out there?

To just about every living thing on the planet, the first choice is the worst choice. 6 billion people are not going to go quietly. I would not go quietly.

Never mind birthing, controlling conception is the key and I think it's achievable.

Castout
01-26-11, 03:12 AM
And that can be a problem, especially when it comes to newer members who don't know the history involved - someone starts a thread that seems (given the lack of context that knowing "the history" would provide) to be just another topic being raised for discussion... and they may respond in the manner to which they've become accustomed through interaction with most of the rest of the membership and get blindsided by what happens. Or run into a troll in their first tentative delurking here and NOT have the benefit of seeing more established members respond in a way that makes it clear that trolling is not welcome and likely to result in a loss of credibility and goodwill.

I saw that happen in a large and (at the time) incredibly busy Yahoo Group I belong to... completely unrelated subject matter, but it had much the same community spirit and general civility that typically reigns here. The owner/moderator had a very light hand, and for years that was all that was needed. Then one day, unbeknownst to us, Yahoo decided to promote us as a "featured group" on their home page.

Suddenly we were inundated with new members who all began posting, most of them sincere and well-meaning, but among them a few trolls who were obviously so to the longstanding regulars but not to the other new members who had no idea how long anyone else had been there. We went from 25-30 posts a day to a couple thousand during one (looooong) weekend, during which we had people joining at the rate of about 1 per minute. At the time there was ONE moderator.

Within a few hours there were flame wars erupting all over the place, because the people who didn't yet know any better were feeding trolls they didn't know were trolls based on the assumption that what they were reading in those trolls' posts and the other new members' sometimes equally abusive (if provoked) replies reflected the status quo of the group when it absolutely did not.

Personally I'd rather see people deflect a troll thread's purpose by harmless mockery or humorous deflection, even if it counts as "feeding" said troll, than have some new member stumble on it right off and get caught up in a flame war and then log out thinking that's how things are done here.

Anyway tTM is easy enough to ignore - the forum does provide one with that option, after all - but when the interaction of others in response becomes entertaining, it's very hard to resist. :DL

Yeah all it takes to destroy a forum good spirit is a few regular trolls. But as long as the mods are in control things will fall to order.

I was once a member of a Singapore forum which lacks moderation and in the end civility. Abusive posting would go unpunished even down to personal insults and even explicit death threats. Because I couldn't take it anymore I went on the defensive myself and the trolls reported me and bam I was banned temporarily while they were not at all. Obviously there was no civility nor fairness in it.
And no it wasn't because I was posting abusive postings and there were many people there who were critical of Singapore regime but I was singled out to be abused to kick me out of there by government employed trolls no less. I figured my well being is much more precious so I started blogging instead. it's hard when you're fighting a spoiled 7 year old brat who thinks himself creator of the universe and mankind. In the end you get confused whether to hate that kind of person or pity them. They are pitiful in every standard but their own mind.

Skybird
01-26-11, 07:43 AM
Skybird, did you know that you Germans have a history of being non-purple?

Nööö... :)

Me, I'm a zebra and thus a bit schizophrenic - light like innocence and dark like death! :arrgh!:

Growler
01-26-11, 11:16 AM
There is no "this time" and he's always been like this. His "higher ground" is a cover for the truth, which is that in spite of his claims he has never done anything but troll.

Yeah, I know. I was trying to encourage him to engage, rather than blather. Which was my mistake. I'm finding that the more I deal with estate lawyers and financial stuff and my stepfather's intransigence, the more I'm losing the ability to communicate at all well.

In case you've forgotten, refresh yourself with this little gem:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173903
Coal is a gem? :D

I didn't see this thread; I think I may have been away at its posting.

August
01-26-11, 11:23 AM
If you keep talking about him then the troll is still dominating your conversation even after he's been banned.

So how about we get back to the topic!

War, disease, starvation method of population control = Could spiral out of control and screw up the planet worse than overpopulation.

Conception or birth control method of population = Less disruptive to society

????????? = A better method than birth control?

mookiemookie
01-26-11, 11:47 AM
Education.

Birth rate and education level of a population are inversely correlated.

Growler
01-26-11, 11:48 AM
What about state-sanctioned birth control, a la China?

Population reduction is a tough topic: people think "population controls" and pretty soon, mental images of pink triangles and yellow stars of David enter their brains, and rational thought breaks apart of the rocks and shoals of horrid memories of the Holocaust.

That said, forget doing it legally: the minute a law goes into effect, the Underground Railroad starts - how do you create a law to control population in a nation whose population is so diverse that no law so created won't be enforced discriminatorily - SOME group is going to feel persecuted. As an example, look at the recent Arizona immigration debate - that wasn't even population control, per se, but it smacked of some level of exclusionary lawmaking, and that drives enough people batty to make it a problem enforcing it.

So population control has to happen above board, and above lawmaking ability to regulate and enforce, which makes any form of population control voluntary - which means, first and foremost, drop anti-abortion efforts. That's one way - allow women to choose.

Second, allow people to self-elect, physician-assisted end-of-life options, suicide - whatever you want to call it. Remove the Judeo-Christian "saactity of life" nonsense and allow people to die as they choose, not as a machine chooses.

Forget socialized health care, at least beyond basic human needs - implement a triage. Got terminal cancer? Here's some painkillers. Say goodbye to your family; you've had a good run. Sliced a finger with a hobby knife? Stitch it up and go home. Long term drains on the healthcare system will allow fewer people to be treated, not more. Use that existing care for those who do not require superhuman efforts to save. Will there still be an "underground" health care system? Yep. And people will die there, too.

Draconian? Perhaps. Nazi-ish? Nah.

August
01-26-11, 12:24 PM
Remove the Judeo-Christian "saactity of life" nonsense and...

Start calling the beliefs of billions of people "nonsense" and you've already lost. Besides, if you trash the sanctity of life concept then you're back to the first option of just killing off spare population. You first.

Growler
01-26-11, 12:26 PM
What I was referring to, badly, was the concept in Western Medicine of "do everything to save the patient, regardless of what the patient actually wants." I worded the influence of Western religion on legal policy poorly.

TheSatyr
01-26-11, 02:56 PM
Everything goes extinct eventually. Except maybe insects sharks and trolls.

Just wait it out. I doubt the human race is in THAT big a hurry to die off.

Skybird
01-26-11, 03:28 PM
I doubt the human race is in THAT big a hurry to die off.
As a species, probably not. As a culture, civilisation: possibly yes.