PDA

View Full Version : Constant sinking fix?

IonicRipper
01-19-11, 08:43 PM
My boat keeps diving past my desired depth when moving at minimal or slow speed, is there any fix for this?

I remember seeing something about this somewhere but i cant find it anymore. Any help would be GREATLY appreciate

*I posted the same question in the SH5 workshop but thought i'd get more answers here. Mods: delete the other thread if you must

IonicRipper
01-19-11, 10:57 PM
It only seems to affect Type VIIA's and Type VIIB's, regardless of the crew's experience

IonicRipper
01-20-11, 01:15 AM
Thats weird... You would think the developers would have fixed this in the last 2 patches we got

DarthVrooks
01-20-11, 12:28 PM
Thats weird... You would think the developers would have fixed this in the last 2 patches we got
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3366/neilb.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/i/neilb.jpg/)
that ubisoft fixes bugs :O:

IonicRipper
01-20-11, 02:47 PM
I played v1.0 and there definitely is an improvement with the 2 patches

Webster
01-20-11, 05:39 PM
its just the impression that ubi creates a new bug (sometimes 2) for everyone they fix

the sinking is a known issue at depth but shallower running it doesnt come into play much, AFAIK the modders ARE working on it but no idea if its fixible or to what extent

PurpleCity
01-20-11, 11:55 PM
My boat keeps diving past my desired depth when moving at minimal or slow speed, is there any fix for this?

I remember seeing something about this somewhere but i cant find it anymore. Any help would be GREATLY appreciate

*I posted the same question in the SH5 workshop but thought i'd get more answers here. Mods: delete the other thread if you must

I like it. My boat dives unless i make at least 4 knots under 100m. More damage decreases the depth i can safely dive.

It ads an unpredictable element of realism. A boat that responds precisely to calculated programmed conditions would be boring and unrealistic.

IonicRipper
01-21-11, 01:19 AM
I respectfully disagree with the comment above

Dont you think someone would notice? Why should it be up to the captain to keep the boat leveled... It makes no sense

Picture this...

Captain - 90 meters

Chief - Yes captain, 90 meters

5 minutes later

Captain - Why are we at 200 meters, chief?

Chief - iunno... :doh:

PurpleCity
01-21-11, 02:20 AM
I respectfully disagree with the comment above

Dont you think someone would notice? Why should it be up to the captain to keep the boat leveled... It makes no sense

Picture this...

Captain - 90 meters

Chief - Yes captain, 90 meters

5 minutes later

Captain - Why are we at 200 meters, chief?

Chief - iunno... :doh:

I should clarify that I've only noticed the depth issue after taking damage. pre-damage i can run steady at 180m 1knott with no issue.

It's a liitle exaggerated, but I like a little unpredictability. I imagine that your scenario played out at least a few times in real life.

THE_MASK
01-21-11, 02:51 AM
If you are using the environment mod then unenable and take the submarine folder out and enable . See how that goes .