PDA

View Full Version : Ship manual V Stadimeter...any link ??

Poacher886
01-16-11, 11:05 AM
Hi,

Using Stock game + TDW Mega_mod,

In previous Silenthunter games you would use the ship ID manual to ID the target, then lock the target in scope (or position your scope over it) and select via a check mark the correct ship in the Ship ID manual to send the mast height data to the TDC so when using the stadimeter, it could work out the range of the contact.

My issue is that the Ship ID manual has no check mark by the ships, thus how does the Stadimeter know the mast height and thus the range??

As it seems to me, the Stadimeter is useless. Am i missing something here?

Thanks

Trevally.
01-16-11, 11:12 AM
Hi,
As it seems to me, the Stadimeter is useless. Am i missing something here?

Have you tried the tutorials yet:06:

Click "FOLLOW TARGET" (when aiming at ship)
press space bar to lock (this is for the TDC)
In the RM click the tick box to select target.
Use stadi.

Poacher886
01-16-11, 12:27 PM
Have you tried the tutorials yet:06:

Click "FOLLOW TARGET" (when aiming at ship)
press space bar to lock (this is for the TDC)
In the RM click the tick box to select target.
Use stadi.

Thanks Trevally,

1. Follow target, where is this button found? is it an order or is it on the TDC / dials hud?

2. So i hit the space bar after "Following target", but what is the "RM" the manual? and if so, im i to understand a check box appears in the manual after following said procedure?

3. Sorry, you keep mentioning your tutorials. Are these what im seeing in the title screen? and are they text based, or are they like the game tutorial?

Thanks again
P.s, i notice your from the home off famous sailours...do you have a plaque on your door aswell!:03:

Trevally.
01-16-11, 12:43 PM
Thanks Trevally,

1. Follow target, where is this button found? is it an order or is it on the TDC / dials hud?

You can select this from the officers bar - WEPs - Follow target.

2. So i hit the space bar after "Following target", but what is the "RM" the manual? and if so, im i to understand a check box appears in the manual after following said procedure?

Hit space before or after, it does not matter as long as you are aiming at ship.
Yes RM is the manual - don't get this mixed with the SOAN. The SOAN will not set mastheight to stadi. Use the SOAN for viewing when you are not ained at the ship.
The XO box or Reapers RM are used to set target to TDC.
You can also use the WEPs officer to ID, this will set mastheight to stadi

3. Sorry, you keep mentioning your tutorials. Are these what im seeing in the title screen? and are they text based, or are they like the game tutorial?

Yes - they are game based. They use a mission to demonstrate how to do the questions you are asking:D

Thanks again
P.s, i notice your from the home off famous sailours...do you have a plaque on your door aswell!:03:

:haha: yes - my door is 250 years old. Made from an old ships timbers:har:

Where in the Hghlands are you from:06:

Poacher886
01-16-11, 01:10 PM
Hit space before or after, it does not matter as long as you are aiming at ship.
Yes RM is the manual - don't get this mixed with the SOAN. The SOAN will not set mastheight to stadi. Use the SOAN for viewing when you are not ained at the ship.
The XO box or Reapers RM are used to set target to TDC.
You can also use the WEPs officer to ID, this will set mastheight to stadi

:haha: yes - my door is 250 years old. Made from an old ships timbers:har:

Where in the Hghlands are you from:06:

Ok,

Reapers RM V SOAN, you'll need to explain this. The only manual i've noticed is the one that once switched on via "Show charts" is scrolled onto screen from the left....is this SOAN or Reapers RM?

"The XO box or Reapers RM are used to set target to TDC"..- I have no XO box , i disabled him altogether in useroptions file...i did'nt like a big text box all over my screen (blows immersion) and i did'nt want any solution help from others. So i guess im left with "reapers RM".

Is "Reapers RM" included in the mega_mod? and if not the manual i've been looking at, where do i find?

P.S, I knew you'd have something on the door, there's not many without!!, Im living in the middle of no-ware, but not far from MUir-Of-Ord, My Partner and I took a holiday to Stromness a few year back..met some interesting characters in the local bar each night, i'll never forget the crossing though!

Trevally.
01-16-11, 01:42 PM
Ok,

Reapers RM V SOAN, you'll need to explain this. The only manual i've noticed is the one that once switched on via "Show charts" is scrolled onto screen from the left....is this SOAN or Reapers RM?

"The XO box or Reapers RM are used to set target to TDC"..- I have no XO box , i disabled him altogether in useroptions file...i did'nt like a big text box all over my screen (blows immersion) and i did'nt want any solution help from others. So i guess im left with "reapers RM".

Is "Reapers RM" included in the mega_mod? and if not the manual i've been looking at, where do i find?

If you want to manually set target ID you need to use XO or Reapers.
Reapers is an add on within TDW UI mod.

Or get the WEPs to do it.

P.S, I knew you'd have something on the door, there's not many without!!, Im living in the middle of no-ware, but not far from MUir-Of-Ord, My Partner and I took a holiday to Stromness a few year back..met some interesting characters in the local bar each night, i'll never forget the crossing though!

Yes Im sure they can be characters:D Where you on this crossing:06:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9641/hrossey20in20bad20weath.jpg

Poacher886
01-16-11, 01:55 PM
:doh: It might have been the one after that!!

I'll look into activating Reapers mod then.

Thanks