PDA

View Full Version : Are radio report accurate?

kwijibo55
01-13-11, 12:16 PM
I'm currently playing with the Magnus Opus mod. I recently received a radio message about the position of enemy carriers and battleship. No icons appeared on my map but it said there was a carrier and a few battleship in Brest. I was close so I made it there but there was nothing except a few merchant ships. So what I'm wondering is
1. are these reports from the stock game or is this something added from the mod
2. is it just for flavor or do the ships location they call are really supposed to be accurate?
3. and while I'm at it, do "wounded" ships sink eventually? I had ships on fire with plenty of holes that just didn't want to sink, had to fire more shots in it.

kwijibo55
01-13-11, 01:23 PM
Hmm that's kinda strange, after leaving Brest I've seen airplanes on multiple occurrences. According to the map there's no airport in range. Could the rumors about this carrier be true?

homsikpanda
01-13-11, 04:33 PM
#1 yes these are stock
#2 yes they are "accurate" to a point, that's where the ship "radioed" it's position when your radio guy picked up the signal, expect the ship to have moved by the time you reach the radio contact.
#3 yes/no, it depends on how damaged it is, where it's damaged and what type of ship it is...
they have repair teams just like your sub and the fuction the same way, it's just a matter of a) destorying the ship entirely or b) making a big enough hole that the flood control team can't fix it in time for the boat to not sink

for some reason i find that merchant ships require 2+ torpedo hits to sink, which warships require only 1