PDA

View Full Version : What do these buttons do??

Poacher886
01-09-11, 05:02 PM
HI, new to SH5 and there are a few controls in the top right of the screen i have not a clue about, hope you can help...

1. Travel mode?

2. Enable TC1 on new radio contact?

3. Disable TC1 on radio message rcvd?

4. Show player guidence?

5. SHow lock / break lock?

6. Increase max radio contact range - (Why would'nt you have this at max all the time??)

7. How do you adjust volume on the Hydrophone?

Thanks for your reply.

panosrxo
01-09-11, 06:00 PM
Those controls come with the TDW UI mod

1. Travel mode?
When clicked you dont get warnings about contacts close to you. No time compression drops...

When you receive a radio contact, Time compression drops to 1

Same but for radio messages

4. Show player guidence?
Demostrates some basic controls (right click,left click)

When enabled, whenever you lock a target, an icon appears saying break lock.

6. Increase max radio contact range - (Why would'nt you have this at max all the time??)
Realism

I dont think it is possible

Walle
01-10-11, 01:14 AM

There is a little knob below/right of the turn dial that say "volume" as a tooltip, and I read in another thread that the scroll wheel is supposed to work on it. Can't swear on it though, since I haven't tried it out for myself yet.

panosrxo
01-10-11, 04:00 AM
There is a little knob below/right of the turn dial that say "volume" as a tooltip, and I read in another thread that the scroll wheel is supposed to work on it. Can't swear on it though, since I haven't tried it out for myself yet.

It doesnt work

Poacher886
01-10-11, 12:47 PM

1. Travel mode?
When clicked you dont get warnings about contacts close to you. No time compression drops...

When you receive a radio contact, Time compression drops to 1

Same but for radio messages

4. Show player guidence?
Demostrates some basic controls (right click,left click)

When enabled, whenever you lock a target, an icon appears saying break lock.

Thanks, except, i've not seen a button for locking a target! also i still dont get the radio range....if you can receive radio messages at 3000km+ why would you not choose to do so??? you say "Realisim", but i would just repeat the question!

TheDarkWraith
01-10-11, 01:03 PM
Thanks, except, i've not seen a button for locking a target! also i still dont get the radio range....if you can receive radio messages at 3000km+ why would you not choose to do so??? you say "Realisim", but i would just repeat the question!

If you press F1 in game you'll see that the lock/unlock button is the spacebar. You can also click on the lock/unlock icon in the top right bar to show a lock/break lock box in the scope views.

If you want to play an arcade game then set the range to 3000+kms. If you want some kind of historical accuracy then set the range to a very low value. The option is there for those who want to play the game the way they want to.

Poacher886
01-10-11, 01:28 PM
Ahh, i see, i have actually been using F1, but i was convinced that the spacebar was for firing guns!

As for the radio, now i understand.....i want realism, any idea of rough range that would be ?