PDA

View Full Version : REQ: guide

homsikpanda
01-09-11, 12:15 PM
hey is there a guide to how to use the more advanced features of the game? like the hydrophone, the radio or the radar?
i'm honestly not sure how to use them, and from what i've gather from the game/forums, the hydrophone is what gives those lines pointing to ships (black/blue) and the radio just puts ship locations all over the map at random?
but how do i actually use them?

also, is there a way to order them to use their special abilitys without having to walk down and kick them in the nuts?

voss
01-09-11, 06:23 PM
hey is there a guide to how to use the more advanced features of the game? like the hydrophone, the radio or the radar?
i'm honestly not sure how to use them, and from what i've gather from the game/forums, the hydrophone is what gives those lines pointing to ships (black/blue) and the radio just puts ship locations all over the map at random?
but how do i actually use them?

also, is there a way to order them to use their special abilitys without having to walk down and kick them in the nuts?
You, yourself, as the captain, can't use the radio. You can order the radioman to send messages and reports and he will pass on any messages received from BdU.

You can, personally, operate the hydrophone. Walk to the room and click on the hydrophone. You'll enter that station and will hear what the hyrdrophone detects. If you're using a rotating hydrophone (available as an upgrade on your first mission), you can rotate the sensor using the Home and End keys on your keyboard. Or, you can use your scroll wheel on your mouse, if you have one.

As for the special abilities, you need to actually go and order the crew, to their faces. :D

Happy hunting! :salute:

homsikpanda
01-09-11, 10:36 PM
You, yourself, as the captain, can't use the radio. You can order the radioman to send messages and reports and he will pass on any messages received from BdU.

You can, personally, operate the hydrophone. Walk to the room and click on the hydrophone. You'll enter that station and will hear what the hyrdrophone detects. If you're using a rotating hydrophone (available as an upgrade on your first mission), you can rotate the sensor using the Home and End keys on your keyboard. Or, you can use your scroll wheel on your mouse, if you have one.

As for the special abilities, you need to actually go and order the crew, to their faces. :D

Happy hunting! :salute:
whats the station next to the radio officer i can use ? theres one spot where he sits i can click on and take over the station =/

Walle
01-10-11, 02:04 AM
whats the station next to the radio officer i can use ? theres one spot where he sits i can click on and take over the station =/

AFAIK, You can sit at the radio station, but you can't actually operate any equipment at it, so it's kind of pointless.

Hitting F5 through F12 will activate special abilities without having to walk over to the guy. Cheating in my world! ;)

homsikpanda
01-10-11, 09:18 AM
AFAIK, You can sit at the radio station, but you can't actually operate any equipment at it, so it's kind of pointless.

Hitting F5 through F12 will activate special abilities without having to walk over to the guy. Cheating in my world! ;)

i knew those were abilitys but aren't those normal-nonspecial abilitys, like manning the deck-gun and running silent =/
blah oh well, i can always just edit the config file i guess >.>

Harmsway!
01-10-11, 09:58 AM

Pointless? nah in SHIII I used to sit there and stare at the poster. My favorite place to pass the time and daydream.

voss
01-10-11, 07:06 PM
Pointless? nah in SHIII I used to sit there and stare at the poster. My favorite place to pass the time and daydream.
Even the captain's bunk is a station. You can click on it for a nice lie-down and watch the radio operator through sleepy eyes. Kind of pointless and kind of nice. :D

Walle
01-11-11, 11:52 AM
I guess the point is that it's pointless. Hmm..that's like a paradox, like if you go back in time and kill your grandfather, you cease to exist, therefore you could not kill your grandfather and you exist again and...hmm, did you hear that buzzing sound? That was my fuses blowing...;)

I too like to lay on the captains bunk, just because I'm the captain! :D

Now, for SH6 I want that when something happens while laying on the bunk some of the crew should be running up to the bed going "Captain! We've spo...", that'd be nice! :)

I must wonder though, didn't they have any kind of enclosed toilet on board? If so, that should be a station too! :D

voss
01-11-11, 12:15 PM
I guess the point is that it's pointless. Hmm..that's like a paradox, like if you go back in time and kill your grandfather, you cease to exist, therefore you could not kill your grandfather and you exist again and...hmm, did you hear that buzzing sound? That was my fuses blowing...;)

I too like to lay on the captains bunk, just because I'm the captain! :D

Now, for SH6 I want that when something happens while laying on the bunk some of the crew should be running up to the bed going "Captain! We've spo...", that'd be nice! :)

I must wonder though, didn't they have any kind of enclosed toilet on board? If so, that should be a station too! :D
I believe there are two toilets on the Type VII U-boat. Sadly, neither one is accessible in SH5. :cry:

Harmsway!
01-11-11, 05:29 PM
I believe there are two toilets on the Type VII U-boat. Sadly, neither one is accessible in SH5. :cry:

Yeah there is a poster in those too! Always someone in there that refuses to come out. Practicably inaccessible.

I think that Amanda mod lock those up for good.