PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! cant get above 128x TC without lag

commandosolo2009
01-08-11, 11:39 AM
xURGENTx

Somebody help me! I cant get the time compression all the way up to 1024 1556 like yesterday. It was good this morning, now I cant go past 128x without lag. Please advise. OS Win 7 64 bit.

Armistead
01-08-11, 12:03 PM
Not sure how anyone would know. You don't have any programs coming on in the background by any chance, virus checkers, ect...

Did it happen from the start of the game or later?

aanker
01-08-11, 12:05 PM
I suppose you tried re-boot. That is the only time mine lags. Probably have government spyware on my computer - who knows these days, but a cold boot and resuming from the save always fixes it for me.

Happy Hunting!

Gerald
01-08-11, 12:08 PM
But on the other hand, it is an advantage not to climb over 128 of the TC, but you have lag is not fun...

commandosolo2009
01-08-11, 12:16 PM
Not sure how anyone would know. You don't have any programs coming on in the background by any chance, virus checkers, ect...

Did it happen from the start of the game or later?

It happened just today, and while I was playing after successfully sinking a large old split freighter. I was going home after evading the DDs and uptill now, cant get past 128x even 256 starts stuttering, I open chronometer and the hands jerk not move smoothly as in 128x.

Edit:Norton is on sleep mode, and hasnt done anything to me so far, so I dont expect it to be the cause. I uninstalled and now reinstalling the game.

Would taking out a mod installed in by JSGME and bringing it back to the last position cause this? I had the 3000 meter plotter installed, and it was like 3rd from the list, deact then react it became last. Is that it?

I suppose you tried re-boot. That is the only time mine lags. Probably have government spyware on my computer - who knows these days, but a cold boot and resuming from the save always fixes it for me.

Happy Hunting!

what is re-boot? and for the record, the game crashed to desktop more than once today, the screen turns bright green when I press interior aft in the command room. I press F2 and I'm back to normal command room. Also, camera out of sector bug is activated on right click after sonar or radio view.

But on the other hand, it is an advantage not to climb over 128 of the TC, but you have lag is not fun...

trust me, I dont like when my laptop starts bitching. Also for the record, I uninstalled my game, both Uboat and SH4, deleted the mods, but saved the docs/sh4/user rich saveData and saves folder in my backup location. I even checked the registry for the file by Doolittle, wasnt there, so I assume it cleanly uninstalled. Trying a new reinstall now.

commandosolo2009
01-08-11, 12:42 PM
Great. Now after a reinstall, the game wont open at all. Whether SH4 or UBM. I shouldve got the gold. I will erase steams backup, uninstall both, then redownload, then reinstall. Maybe report back within a week or so.. Sorry fellas. Life can be a bitch sometimes.

ETR3(SS)
01-08-11, 12:45 PM
What are the full system specs of your laptop?

commandosolo2009
01-08-11, 12:52 PM
Intel core i5 520M processor
2.4Ghz~2.93Ghz turboboost
4 gb ram (2 gb available)
win 7 64bit home premium.
HDD 500 Gb
GPU ATi HD5650 mobility radeon 1Gb vram
average laptop if I may say so..

Armistead
01-08-11, 01:15 PM
Hate to say it, but with your current laptop I fear you'll keep suffering issues. Didn't you say you loaded Pacific Env...That will certainly add some load on graphics under certain situations. May wantt to disable that.

I do know the 3000 plotter has several types that work with each screen resolution, so I assume you're using the right one?

However, sounds like you video card is just running hot after you play awhile. May be best to go back to pure stock and see if that takes some load off.

commandosolo2009
01-08-11, 02:14 PM
I tell you, its not a question of the already installed mods, since I was able to cross to 2048 with all them installed. About the 3000 bearing plotter, yes I realise it is resolution dependent, and I downloaded the one fit for my desktop resolution. I'm running the game at same resolution as deknop, 1366 x 768 pixels. Here is mein laptop: Sony Vaio VPCEA16FA (http://www.google.com.eg/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony-asia.com%2Fproduct%2Fvpcea16fa&rct=j&q=VPCEA16FA&ei=NrUoTbP8LIyLswaWzdnTAg&usg=AFQjCNHJfEFOd1ij0KQHy01I41VGMhgPBg&sig2=LXGw5eW0l_XACGkKQeYf5w&cad=rja)

Once I finish steam download, the first thing, is backup the files and I got a question in this regard. If I'm downloading off steam, and I purchased both SH4, and UBM individually, which should I download, the UBM, first, which reads 5680.7 Mb size, also SH4 reads same, if not less. When I performed restore of saved files, it didnt launch even though steam said ready to play. I restarted after it finished, got a couple icons on the desktop, but none actually booting up the game. So, what shall I do?

Also, my player name in game is T. Kirk Douglas, and I backed up the Documents/SH4/Cfg folder (yes all of it, which contains RichSavedGames, SaveGames, UPCinitial, Gameplay settings, player settings, gfxsettings, main.cfg files. This is the patrol just before the problems arisen.) If I were to use it, how may I so I get back to my career without having to start a new career, should I boot the game once finished,or copy the backup to its documents folder (i.e. should I let the game create a new directory and I copy over and overwrite, or create one before actually starting the game for the first time?)

Also, why is the Kollmorgen periscope mod not effective in the stock game? I enabled it via JSGME, and it still has the same texture as the stock. No kollmorgen gaskit. Is it only for TMO or RSRD (megamods?)

Please advise and thank you all for your participation and prompt response.:salute:

Armistead
01-08-11, 04:27 PM
Don't know much about steam, but have read you don't need to DL both SH4, just the UBoat addition, which has both....

Here's a recent thread on DL using steam.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178582