PDA

View Full Version : Plinkett's Star Wars Ep. 3 review is up!

Dowly
01-04-11, 11:49 AM
From the guy behind the 70min. SW Ep.1 and Ep.2 reviews comes his newest: Star Wars Episode 3. :rock:
[/URL][url]http://www.redlettermedia.com/sith.html (http://www.redlettermedia.com/plinkett.html)

Sailor Steve
01-05-11, 12:05 AM
I made it through almost the first minute. That has got to be the worst thing I've seen on the 'net.

TLAM Strike
01-05-11, 12:14 AM
I made it through almost the first minute. That has got to be the worst thing I've seen on the 'net.

I just lost all respect I had for you Steve... :nope:

I loved it! Loved all his stuff.

(BTW You have to watch more than a minute of it Steve, it seems strange at first but its really funny yet totally spot on when it comes to the analysis of the movies.)

Castout
01-05-11, 01:29 AM

Confirmed :)

McBeck
01-05-11, 02:31 AM
WTF?!?

HunterICX
01-05-11, 05:01 AM

+1

None of his reviews even managed to give me a chuckle...
heck I find his Episode 1 review more painfull to watch then Episode 1 itself.

HunterICX

onelifecrisis
01-05-11, 06:27 AM
Is this that guy who kidnaps a woman then forces her to watch ep1? I watched most of that, but it was very long and I only chuckled once (and that was at a comment the woman made). IIRC I agreed with everything he said about the movie, but I wasn't entertained.

TarJak
01-05-11, 06:46 AM
He's right about the movies, his style is less than attractive and only sometimes humorous.

Schroeder
01-05-11, 07:08 AM
His analyses are always good. The rest is...a matter of taste. Sometimes I enjoy his comments sometimes I think it's primitive.

Takeda Shingen
01-05-11, 09:13 AM
+1

None of his reviews even managed to give me a chuckle...
heck I find his Episode 1 review more painfull to watch then Episode 1 itself.

HunterICX

Make that +2. He might had been better served labeling his sad attempt at humor as a 'venting' rather than a 'review', since everyone who wanted to see that film has already seem it by this time.

Sailor Steve
01-05-11, 10:32 AM
I just lost all respect I had for you Steve... :nope:
But we'll always have Firefly. :D

I loved it! Loved all his stuff.
It's all a matter of taste. Not my fault you don't have any. :O:

(BTW You have to watch more than a minute of it Steve, it seems strange at first but its really funny yet totally spot on when it comes to the analysis of the movies.)
Problem is, his droning was putting me to sleep, which was only countered by his actual voice, which was worse than the old chalkboard trick.

Lord Justice
01-05-11, 10:42 AM
his style is less than attractive and only sometimes humorous. Indeed! I Have heard many distinct sounds of shot with the same tone, but I have to say, it sharpens the senses, most often when directed with carefull aim. :cool:

Dowly
01-29-11, 08:29 AM
Guess someone wasn't amused by Plinkett's Ep.1 review and wrote a 108 page response to it. :doh:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-fan-writes-108page-rebuttal-red-letter-medias-phantom-menace-review/

Jeez, it's an movie!

Schöneboom
01-30-11, 01:37 PM
As a screenwriter, I recommend Plinkett's reviews as a course in how not to write a Hollywood film (or series of films).

Roger Ebert could have expressed the same ideas in less time, but even he likes Plinkett so much he posted the Ep. 3 review on his own blog (http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/movies-1/revenge-on-revenge-of-the-sith.html):

"I was pretty much sure I didn't have it with me to endure another review of this one. Mr. Plinkett demonstrates to me that I was mistaken."

kiwi_2005
01-30-11, 04:49 PM
His reviews on EP1 & 2 were very good. This one not so good.

''Starwars the Phantom Menace was the most disappoint thing since my son'' :haha:

Takao
01-30-11, 08:26 PM
The movie came out, what, five and a half years ago, and this is the best this guy could do?

But, there is something worse than the prequel trilogy...
His voice, I can't stand his voice. I want to stab icepicks in my ears to make it stop.

Anywho, the prequel trilogy is best seen as this: http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0001.html
A webcomic written in the style of "DM of the Rings."

Schroeder
02-19-11, 07:31 AM
I've now finally read the whole thing (except for the conclusion as I was just not in the mood to give me more of this) and I've to say that this guy has a fair amount of good points but also does exactly the same stuff that he blames Stoklasa for. He too is catching straws to miscredit him at any point, he takes things literally where anyone with a brain would say: O.K. it's over the top but in line with the comical part of the review.
Besides less name calling would have made it a much better and less tiresome read IMHO.
Conclusion:
If you loved RLM's review then this might be a healthy read to set things into proportion.

However I didn't need RLM's review or the counter review to think that Episode One was one boring over - CGIed mess with little to no entertaining value. At least for me.:shifty: