PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

commandosolo2009
01-02-11, 07:10 AM
Hey fellas!

Second day in 2011, and still no rum :wah:.

I ran into this in the manual,

Map NOTES
• With this tool you can place marks on the map . Each mark will have a generic name when
placed (Mark 1, Mark 2, etc) .
• You can modify this name (18 characters max .) and attach a note (54 characters, centered,
max . wide 18 characters) .
• You can delete this mark .How to modify the map tick markings? that is how to rename them?

Second, currently I'm on USS Porpoise after I ran into the Deck Gun bug on USS Perch :damn:. I wanted to share my rich save data and saveData files, with you guys, as well as the revamped Commands.cfg file, so you dont have to go to the hassle of remapping the unused commands, (well some). This will also, allow those that fell into the DG bug to have the first save file in game.
I did part job, because there are commands I dont see fit or least, worth, for the time being, to be mapped. I'll upload the file and update this thread with both links.

Link to Commands.cfg (http://www.mediafire.com/?a45lldv9m1vn5rb)

Link to SaveData and RichSavedGames AutosaveOnEnterBase 1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?a3x0f9v17riy36u)
Oh, my second question was, if I use salvo, do I have to adjust to each torpedo after firing the one before it? or does the TDC add increments to last fired shot?

Thanks

razark
01-02-11, 11:32 AM
How to modify the map tick markings? that is how to rename them?
Easiest way to do this is to write down the mark number on a piece of paper, and write your note next to that number. The manual lies.

Oh, my second question was, if I use salvo, do I have to adjust to each torpedo after firing the one before it? or does the TDC add increments to last fired shot?
You must adjust each shot.

commandosolo2009
01-02-11, 02:25 PM
Hey thanks!

Another thing I wanted to ask about: If I'm at a depth of 85 meters, from a historic and realistic point of view, since I play 100% realism, should the periscope be brought up? I meant as in looking thru it from 85 meters? Would it damage anything? and will the boat in real life be affected? And what was the operational depth for periscopes in fleet boats?

Again Thanks

Armistead
01-02-11, 03:41 PM
Won't damage anything in the game, but not something you would leave up in real life. Obvious you can see with it underwater. Sometimes when I play with cams off I'll use it to watch for mines since we have no mine detection. Course you can watch dd's do runs on you.

Have you checked the fleetboat manual out. The real one, but answers most tech. question about all systems.
http://www.maritime.org/fleetsub/index.htm

commandosolo2009
01-02-11, 04:51 PM
Thanks fellas!!! Armistead, will look into it :D

NorthBeach
01-02-11, 05:36 PM

If you're quick(ish), you can swing the scope forward, resend bearing, and wait for the next spot on the target you want to strike to pass the wire. The change in AOB is so slight that you don't have to change it in the TDC.