PDA

View Full Version : How to climb ladders

kvbrock82
01-01-11, 06:13 PM
Am i missing something here?
I started a new game, went through the cheesefest of lines about the captain wanting to see me, i follow and get to the command room. I've tried everything to make myself climb the bloody ladder but nothing works. Is it as simple as pointing into the ladder? Is this a bug?

Cheers.

edit: bah nevermind... it just decided to start working after 20 minutes of pointless ladder banging.. :)

Well now to top it off, Im on deck but everythign is pitch black. I mean EVERYTHING. If i press esc the place lights up in the options screen but as soon as i go back into the game it goes pitch black again and nothing happens, I just run around like a headless chicken waiting for something to happen. First impressions are very low i must say..

ReallyDedPoet
01-01-11, 06:16 PM
I did this in the beginning, but then discovered that I was at the back of the ladder, not the front :yep::doh::doh:

homsikpanda
01-02-11, 05:10 PM
Am i missing something here?
I started a new game, went through the cheesefest of lines about the captain wanting to see me, i follow and get to the command room. I've tried everything to make myself climb the bloody ladder but nothing works. Is it as simple as pointing into the ladder? Is this a bug?

Cheers.

edit: bah nevermind... it just decided to start working after 20 minutes of pointless ladder banging.. :)

Well now to top it off, Im on deck but everythign is pitch black. I mean EVERYTHING. If i press esc the place lights up in the options screen but as soon as i go back into the game it goes pitch black again and nothing happens, I just run around like a headless chicken waiting for something to happen. First impressions are very low i must say..

the pitch black seems to be a new error affecting alot of people =/ hmmm

TheDarkWraith
01-02-11, 08:00 PM
the pitch black seems to be a new error affecting alot of people =/ hmmm

if those lot of people are using ATI it's more than likely a driver issue. I have nVidia and have never had any problems.

ReallyDedPoet
01-02-11, 09:03 PM
if those lot of people are using ATI it's more than likely a driver issue. I have nVidia and have never had any problems.

Ditto here, no problems here and using nVidia.

Harmsway!
01-02-11, 09:04 PM
.... I've tried everything to make myself climb the bloody ladder but nothing works. Is it as simple as pointing into the ladder? Is this a bug?

It takes a little bit to get your sea legs.

it just decided to start working after 20 minutes of pointless ladder banging.. :)

Well now to top it off, Im on deck but everythign is pitch black. I mean EVERYTHING.

Yeah that happens when you bang your head going through the hatch rocking and rolling and all.

FIREWALL
01-02-11, 09:43 PM
Point down at the bottom of the ladder. Then start climbing.Useing 580 GTX.

Laconic
01-03-11, 12:22 AM
It doesn't work like it would in an action game...you have to look straight in front of you, not the direction you want to go.

FIREWALL
01-03-11, 12:24 AM
It doesn't work like it would in an action game...you have to look straight in front of you, not the direction you want to go.

That so. :salute:

Harmsway!
01-03-11, 10:15 AM
kvbrock82 did you resolve your problem? Please excuse my earlier wise cracks I couldn't help myself. I don't have an answer about the pitch black problem but do want to hear how you get it fixed.

Fish In The Water
11-11-12, 07:14 AM
Well now to top it off, Im on deck but everythign is pitch black. I mean EVERYTHING.

I realize this is an OLD thread, but I had the same issue until I went into options and turned up the gamma. A quick slider later and presto - let there be light! :D

kvbrock82
11-13-12, 10:15 AM
As far as I remember it was driver issue bit I had resolved it... the problem with the ladder was that you have to walk into it directly without looking up, like you would in a 1st person shooter genre game..

I started playing the game only 2 days ago since when I started this thread. I'm not using MMM mod and I must say, Im enjoying it thus far :)