PDA

View Full Version : Vatican: Pope did not back condom contraception use

Gerald
12-21-10, 11:49 PM
The Vatican has clarified recent comments by Pope Benedict XVI on condoms, saying he did not mean they could be used to avoid pregnancy.The Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith said some analysts had misunderstood the remarks, made by the Pope in recently published interviews.He said condoms could reduce the risk of HIV infection in certain cases, such as for a male prostitute.The interviews were published in a book entitled "Light of the World".The Church's hard-line stance over contraception has led to the Vatican being heavily criticised for its position on the global Aids crisis. Some commentators suggested the comments represented a softening of this stance.

'Taking responsibility'
The Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) is the Vatican's moral watchdog, which Cardinal Josef Ratzinger led before he was elected Pope in 2005.It stressed the Pope's logic was "in full conformity with the moral theological tradition of the church".
In a statement, the CDF said that he had not been talking about sex between a married couple or using condoms as a form of contraception.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12053610

Note: 21 December 2010 Last updated at 18:24 GMT

GoldenRivet
12-21-10, 11:59 PM
I dont put a lot of stock in anything the pope says.

Personally i find that myself, and several Catholics i know feel that the catholic church in general has been a hindrance against the advancement of humanity.

I could walk past the pope on the street and not glance in his direction twice :roll:

Castout
12-22-10, 12:33 AM
Oh shut up(Vatican)

What counts with regard to man-God relationship is the intention NOT the procedure. I don't mean the motive justifies the end but at each step the intention is what counts and what will be judged by God. Inaction or action also come from intention. As a matter of fact everything that mankind do comes from intentions which come from the heart. No not the brain absolutely not even to the most trivial things absolutely not the brain. When one intends or wants, it all comes from the heart even to the small trivial things.

Let me use an example

Condom or other contraception in a family is fine imo if the family isn't ready to have children why not. It's for the best of the child too to be born when the family is ready to support a child.

On the contrary the use of condom when subscribing to sex service with a prostitute is not fine. However it's not the use of the contraception that's not fine but the act of engaging in sex with a prostitute especially when one's already committed to a marriage.

Then again Vatican has been known to be clueless when it comes about God. It has more to do with wielding influence and hence power than anything spiritual. They insisted that the earth was the center of the universe and claimed biblical references when NONE exists. Clueless people then again most people are too when it comes about spirituality or God.

To both the skeptic and naive religion is like a drug indeed but
To the knowledgeable God is the fortress of hope which never ever ever ever will fail even when things went absolutely wrong in this life.
But to the majority of confused people God is a mystery that will tempt them into taking their own hands into things.

*No I wasn't talking about the heart organ but the center of man soul which is located at the center of the chest. Something that science unable to study yet at least scientifically but the concept(knowledge) has been known since ancient time and been depicted in pictures and statues of the living Lord Jesus Christ.

Tribesman
12-22-10, 03:55 AM
The Vatican has clarified recent comments by Pope Benedict XVI on condoms
That was all covered in the topic at the time.
The comment was that condoms are OK for sex with gay prostitutes as a health precaution.

Gerald
12-22-10, 05:49 AM
The Vatican has for many times, stood for very different views on this subject, probably so people form their own opinion, to deal with what they think is best.

ajrimmer42
12-22-10, 06:05 AM
feel that the catholic church in general has been a hindrance against the advancement of humanity.

And the award for Understatement of the Century goes to....

HunterICX
12-22-10, 06:27 AM
I could walk past the pope on the street and not glance in his direction twice :roll:

I probally would ''OMFG DARTH SIDIOUS!''

HunterICX

Armistead
12-22-10, 08:03 AM
Popes have changed their doctrine so many times in history to build wealth and power. Somehow they've held on to their own little nation Vatican City where the Pope lives in a palace like a king wearing a gown...

I assume he is referring to the many male sexual abusers playing priest regarding condom use.

FIREWALL
12-22-10, 08:13 AM
Does this mean that from now on, the Priests have to wear raincoats around all the young boys ? :haha:

Jimbuna
12-22-10, 04:35 PM
Does this mean that from now on, the Priests have to wear raincoats around all the young boys ? :haha:

LOL....at least we now know why all the alter boys have centre partings :DL