PDA

View Full Version : 3D knife modeling

richardphat
12-20-10, 02:38 PM
Hello folks, here is a project which I started during school exams.
It is yet, unfinished.
I hope you Ladies and Gentlemen, could give me review, feedback or any other criticism.

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqMv_2zzIT0

Pss, does anyone know the code to embed a video? Or this feature has been removed?

Anyways, I hope this won't waste your 2 minutes.

EDIT: Apoligize, but those who live in Germany, will not be able to view or hear the audio of this video, as a restriction has been set up.

kranz
12-21-10, 05:25 AM
it looks nice. It's the first time I see a model done in Catia. The knife looks pretty simple so I guess you didn't use any ref. images. If your software allows any studio and materials I would go for it bcoz for now it's kinda "levitating" in the air etc. It would be hard to get something really complex coz you have only 1 object but maybe this Catia offers some additional effects similar to those in 3ds max and Adobe After Effects (or you can try to use after effects on your existing video).

Growler
12-21-10, 10:25 AM
Very nice modeling job, and the normals all look good. Are you going to texture and/or bump-map it or going for any reflections? That'll be a big factor in the final appearance. I confess to not being at all familiar with CATIA, but this model looks pretty good!:up: