PDA

View Full Version : Cop fired after fighting in UFC

Gargamel
12-16-10, 03:29 PM
Another great example of red tape. Really? A well trained MMA fighter would be a bad cop?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/UFC-124-winner-Pierson-given-choice-to-be-a-fig?urn=mma-296415

GoldenRivet
12-16-10, 03:35 PM
I have never looked favorably on "sporting events" which required its participants to look like rabid rapists and bear names like "Pimp Daddy" or "the mutilator" or "Murderin' Mike." etc then proceeds to have the two participants mercilessly beat the living crap out of one another for no reason other than to gain a title.

its a little stupid if you ask me ;)

but then again, so is a job firing someone because of their hobbies outside work.

If he didnt break any laws, whats the big deal?

Takeda Shingen
12-16-10, 03:37 PM
I have never looked favorably on "sporting events" which required its participants to look like rabid rapists and bear names like "Pimp Daddy" or "the mutilator" or "Murderin' Mike." etc then proceeds to have the two participants mercilessly beat the living crap out of one another for no reason other than to gain a title.

its a little stupid if you ask me ;)

but then again, so is a job firing someone because of their hobbies outside work.

If he didnt break any laws, whats the big deal?

I agree. The UFC and boxing are little more than human cock fights.

GoldenRivet
12-16-10, 03:38 PM
I agree. The UFC and boxing are little more than human dogfights.

fixed.

wouldnt want people getting the wrong idea about this thread

:har:

Takeda Shingen
12-16-10, 03:40 PM
fixed.

wouldnt want people getting the wrong idea about this thread

:har:

:haha:

I began typing it while wondering if the autocensor would get it, but it sailed through.

Gargamel
12-16-10, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I can't disagree with the barbaric nature of the sport, but that's what makes it appealing to some.

But wouldn't it make sense to have a cop, not to mention the potential for ALL cops, to be trained in this manner, to help protect themselves and others?

This is assuming, of course, there weren't other underlying causes.....

GoldenRivet
12-16-10, 08:08 PM
i dont think he was fired ultimately because he was involved in UFC.

I think he was fired because of his fight name "Pimp Daddy"

It isnt a message his department wants to convey

kranz
12-17-10, 07:57 AM
it's a matter of policy and attitude. There is a guy in Croatia, Mirko "CroCop" Fillipovic. Hes a K1 and Pride fighter and a croatian cop. Hes pretty famous if you watch MMA. I guess I don;t have to explain what CroCop stands for.

Jimbuna
12-17-10, 08:15 AM
Clearing secondary employment with your main employer is common practice in 'disciplined' careers, he should have known...surely.