PDA

View Full Version : If the development of Silent Hunter 6

W_clear
12-15-10, 10:45 PM
If the development of Silent Hunter 6,I think the senior players must be participate 。For example, Me。:DLI would like to volunteer to develop services。I believe that the development will succeed Silent Hunter。

mookiemookie
12-15-10, 11:42 PM
They have consulted players on previous SH titles. They even used players to help test patches until an idiot from the German SH forum leaked a SH4 patch early.

Never again will they trust anyone like that again.

W_clear
12-16-10, 03:31 AM
If allow players to live and work together with the development team,Rather than through the network to participate,This avoids leakage。:)

Dr.Gazenga
12-16-10, 07:55 AM
If the development of Silent Hunter 6,I think the senior players must be participate 。For example, Me。:DLI would like to volunteer to develop services。
Oh no, not an unrealistic SH6 just as the environment mod and just as flawed, no thanks:down:

Takeda Shingen
12-16-10, 10:00 AM
They have consulted players on previous SH titles. They even used players to help test patches until one of the idiots on the German SH forum leaked a SH4 patch early.

Yep. The Dev Team was burned by this in the past, so it would not likely happen again. Of course, there will not be an SH6, so the point is moot anyway.

mookiemookie
12-16-10, 10:46 AM
Yep. The Dev Team was burned by this in the past, so it would not likely happen again. Of course, there will not be an SH6, so the point is moot anyway.

Unfortunately, you're right and it's all academic anyways.

Trevally.
12-16-10, 11:28 AM
Oh no, not an unrealistic SH6 just as the environment mod and just as flawed, no thanks:down:

Did you join today just to post this:hmmm:

GT182
12-16-10, 07:19 PM
Did you join today just to post this:hmmm:

:rolleyes: Must be so, he hasn't come back with anymore words of wisdom. ;)

Kongo Otto
12-17-10, 11:57 AM
They have consulted players on previous SH titles. They even used players to help test patches until one of the idiots on the German SH forum leaked a SH4 patch early.

I am German and i take this as an personal insult!
There maybe was one idiot and not idiots!!

Zedi
12-17-10, 12:18 PM

Your missing the point. Is about the location, not nation.

PL_Andrev
12-17-10, 01:34 PM

:06: They have cut diseased tissue.

After SH2/DC the new team start to project new SH game. Result: a 'close to perfect' Silent Hunter 3. I'm happy that they are not designed SH6.
I don't want to play DX 11 with VIIC only and 1941 only.
:-?

Where is at SH5 the expanded version of adv mode which existed at SH4? Where is at SH5 the expanded version of multimission generator which existed at SH4?
SH6? No - thank you.

mookiemookie
12-17-10, 05:13 PM

My apologies. I meant no disrespect to the wonderful German people or even the German SH forum as a whole. It was a poor choice of wording and I can see how it could be taken in a manner I did not intend. I should have said "an idiot from the German SH forum leaked the patch."

I have amended my original post. Again, my apologies.

irish1958
12-18-10, 08:30 AM

Translation problem. The subject of the compound sentence is "one"(singular) not "idiots"(plural). You and mookiemookie said the exact same thing.:D

mookiemookie
12-18-10, 09:11 AM
Translation problem. The subject of the compound sentence is "one"(singular) not "idiots"(plural). You and mookiemookie said the exact same thing.:D

Exactly. And that's why I have changed the wording of the sentence to be completely unambiguous now. :salute:

Kongo Otto
12-18-10, 12:09 PM
Exactly. And that's why I have changed the wording of the sentence to be completely unambiguous now. :salute:

Yup Translation problem, as for Englisch is not my first language, sometimes it sounds different than the writer mean it. Sorry for the missunderstanding. :oops:

mookiemookie
12-18-10, 03:37 PM
Yup Translation problem, as for Englisch is not my first language, sometimes it sounds different than the writer mean it. Sorry for the missunderstanding. :oops:

:salute:

irish1958
12-18-10, 04:57 PM
Now boys, don't get too friendly yet; the Senate hasn't passed the repeal of the "don't ask, don"t tell!:arrgh!:

irish1958
12-18-10, 11:13 PM
Senate just passed the bill tonight; you are in the clear.

GT182
12-20-10, 09:23 PM
If UBI cannot get their previous Silent Hunters right and not broken right out of the box, what makes you think they could do it with SH6? Three striles and you're out..... and hopefully that's what'll happen to UBI. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to buy another UBI product..... and this time I really really mean it.

I waited almost a year to buy SH5 because I figured it would be "fixed" by someone in that time frame and UBI would see the error of their ways and get rid of the DRM, and their stupid requirements for an internet connection and UBI account. Plus I'd save a few bucks too, cause 59.99 is a lot of money to pay out for a broken toy.

Well, most of the 'important' parts of SH5 were fixed, but not by UBI. The modders have done a very commendable job and deserve a big thanks from UBI for saving their butts. How you guys made this playable from a pile of poop is beyond me. I'm not as computer savy as all of you very tallented modders are. UBI should be paying you fellas instead of their CEOs. A big :salute: to you all. And it will get even better over time. I like it now and I'm glad I have it.

So please... NO MORE SILENT HUNTERS. Sorry I yelled but I couldn't help myself. :D

BigBANGtheory
12-21-10, 07:13 AM
I think any game created as a sequel should involve the community as part of the project, not done in isolation. To a degree let your market decide how the game should play out...

Obelix
12-21-10, 07:34 AM
I'm happy that they are not designed SH6.
I don't want to play DX 11 with VIIC only and 1941 only.
:-?
...No - thank you.
+1:yep:
Let ubi first SH5 will finish it! But even this does not have to dream - ubi threw the game on arbitrariness:damn:.
SH6? No! Thank's! Already scary to imagine how much more they can cut back on the game and how insidious is the new protection.:down:

scrapser
12-21-10, 10:15 AM
If UBI cannot get their previous Silent Hunters right and not broken right out of the box, what makes you think they could do it with SH6? Three striles and you're out..... and hopefully that's what'll happen to UBI. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to buy another UBI product..... and this time I really really mean it.

I waited almost a year to buy SH5 because I figured it would be "fixed" by someone in that time frame and UBI would see the error of their ways and get rid of the DRM, and their stupid requirements for an internet connection and UBI account. Plus I'd save a few bucks too, cause 59.99 is a lot of money to pay out for a broken toy.

Well, most of the 'important' parts of SH5 were fixed, but not by UBI. The modders have done a very commendable job and deserve a big thanks from UBI for saving their butts. How you guys made this playable from a pile of poop is beyond me. I'm not as computer savy as all of you very tallented modders are. UBI should be paying you fellas instead of their CEOs. A big :salute: to you all. And it will get even better over time. I like it now and I'm glad I have it.

So please... NO MORE SILENT HUNTERS. Sorry I yelled but I couldn't help myself. :D

I'm not sure how all the marketing takes place but I think UBISoft publishes for several development companies. I'm bringing this up because although I do not want to see another SH sub sim released by them, I do want to see Far Cry 3 see the light of day. Far Cry 2 is an amazing game. Granted it is not a simulation in the strict sense but the realism and immersion is very well done. If only a sub sim could be designed with just enough realism to capture the sense of being in a sub and yet not overwhelm the player (or the program code) with so many little "real" features that it becomes about as exciting as proof reading an accounting ledger. I'm sure many would agree that some titles managed for whatever reason to hit the "sweet spot".

GT182
12-21-10, 06:00 PM
I'm sure many would agree that some titles managed for whatever reason to hit the "sweet spot".

And SH5 was not one of them. ;)

UBI being the Publisher is the one that calls the shots..... money and time taken to do the work. If it's not on schedule or ready when the Publisher says it's to be finished for release..... they pull the plug and toss it out to the masses, whether it's ready or not. SH3, 4 and now 5 are proof of that.

FIREWALL
12-21-10, 07:40 PM
I think Ubisoft should have cut their losses after SH3. :yep:

Adriatico
12-22-10, 04:27 PM
SH6 could be very simple and very successful:
Just take SH3 gameplay with SH5 graphic engine!

Both elements already exist, so it could be mixed in a few months.

I would personally play it for a years and years... :yeah:

Ducimus
12-22-10, 05:34 PM
I think Ubisoft should have cut their losses after SH3. :yep:

No, they should have taken their time with SH4 and done it right the first time by fixing leftover issues with SH3's code before using it as a base for SH4. The big problem is they didn't spend the time to fix things, and it shows. So, SH4 has issues from SH3, while introducing some of its own. What's worse is Sh5 inheirts issues from SH3, SH4, and introduces its own bugs. Its like a concatenation of bugs.

If they had taken their sweet time with SH4, SH5 would have been MUCH better.

edit: Back on topic, the way it is now, the very idea of SH6 is laughable, because Ubi would just use SH5 as a base, and then introduce more new bugs. A SH6 can only be worse, unless the code base is scrapped and the game written from scratch. Something ubisoft won't spend the money on.

Sailor Steve
12-22-10, 11:10 PM
SH6 could be very simple and very successful:
Just take SH3 gameplay with SH5 graphic engine!

Both elements already exist, so it could be mixed in a few months.

I would personally play it for a years and years... :yeah:
SH3's gameplay? It's horrible compared to Aces Of The Deep, which was eleven years older. At the very least you would have to fix the bad crew management (which was much better in SH4), the mediocre AI (which was made better by mods), and all the bugs before you would have even a halfway decent sim. I'm talking out-of-the-box here, not needing mods to fix the problems.

Better to start over from scratch, and do it right, no matter how long it took.

Herr Minger
12-29-10, 05:32 AM
I concur with GT182, a lot of us are not modding savey. This can be a pain in the arse as installing the myriad of mods in the correct order or even which ones to install is a nightmare. Whilst I agree that we owe a huge debt to all these modders that put in the hard work, simple help that is clear and concise for us simpletons :) is very thin on the ground.

I take my hat of to the super modders (GWX,NYGM etc) as for the likes of me, a super mod that takes away most of what I have just pointed out and makes life sooo much easier. If these guys charged for their mods (supermods) I would be only too happy to pay for the ease of use.

DomBray
12-29-10, 05:55 AM
Frankly Ubisoft aren't going to make a sh6.

Why would they? they exist to make money and frankly us subsimmers are a small market, next to their other franchises, such as settlers, anno, far cry, ruse, assassins creed, etc etc etc

Any game that runs on the 'consoles' is going to make them more money.

It annoys me mostly because of the yers they have aquired most of my favourite game franchises. I can't quit ubisoft (and I wanted to over the drm) and still play any game that comes close to matching my favs, like anno or settlers.

Not to mention the ghost recons, splinter cells, etc etc etc...

They dropped support for sh5 so fast... they should sell it to someone prepared to support it... But they'd probably want too much money for it.

And sue to the way the software game sindustry has gone, is anyone else making modern games in these genres?

Anyone know of a great, recent, good graphics, sub sim? or settlers, or anno or ruse or assassins creed?

this is why I can't leave them despite all the problems... I'm a slave to my games...

FIREWALL
12-29-10, 06:08 AM
This reminds me of the story of the kid who bought the latest and greatest bike.

Oh it was shiney and had all kind of kool stuff. But, it rode like crap.

It wobbled and didn;t steer straight. He complained to the manufacturers and they turned a deaf ear to him.

So he took it to many bike mechanics to make it ride good.

All those different mechanics worked hard to fix it for free because they didn't think it was right for the kid to be stuck with a shoddy new bike.

As time went by one day he saw a kid on a bike like his sorta.

It wobbled and didn't steer straight either.

He yelled at the kid and said " I see you bought a bike just like mine".

The other kid responded " no this is the latest and greatest new model."

He asked the kid "how is it different?"

The response. " It's got a louder bell."

I let you all come up with the moral to this little story.

DomBray
12-29-10, 01:43 PM
This reminds me of the story of the kid who bought the latest and greatest bike.

Oh it was shiney and had all kind of kool stuff. But, it rode like crap.

It wobbled and didn;t steer straight. He complained to the manufacturers and they turned a deaf ear to him.

So he took it to many bike mechanics to make it ride good.

All those different mechanics worked hard to fix it for free because they didn't think it was right for the kid to be stuck with a shoddy new bike.

As time went by one day he saw a kid on a bike like his sorta.

It wobbled and didn't steer straight either.

He yelled at the kid and said " I see you bought a bike just like mine".

The other kid responded " no this is the latest and greatest new model."

He asked the kid "how is it different?"

The response. " It's got a louder bell."

I let you all come up with the moral to this little story.

I hear you on the game play. verses graphics/ bells and whistles arguement, it's just that with the modern pc, there is no reason why we can not have both.

You are also right, in that no supplier (ubisoft or bicycle manufacturers) will improve their production line if we all still buy the games. But my argument is that if there is only one company making bicycles, then one can't vote with your feet and still ride a bike.

I'd love it for someone else to create a modern better game and bring it to market; I'd buy it like a shot. In fact the mods do so much to improve the game that they half written a new one anyway...

FIREWALL
12-29-10, 03:02 PM
Well said DomBray. My thought on the matter is Ubisoft had enough chances with the SH titles and took advantage of the niche consumers with SH5. They literally have walked away from it. I call that an abandoned game by the Publishers.

Nobody in their right mind is going to give UBI another shot with SH6 and get it broken off in their arse again.

Rise of Flight is a great example how a small group can prduce a Great sim.

Something to think about.