PDA

View Full Version : High CO2 level

stingaroo
12-12-10, 05:46 PM
Good day fellas,
I recieved Silent Hunter 5 as an early Christmas gift and just started playing. I got through the tutorial and am now on my first real patrol in the Coastal waters. I sank tanker now I am out looking for more. The problem is that although I am on the surface the CO2 level keeps rising. I dived to about 100m to take a few screen shots, and surfaced again. It still does not go down, just keeps on rising. Should I tell someone to open certain vents, or is there some button that needs pushed to let in fresh air?
I am playing it with no mods right now although I am going to download a few to get SH4 UI up.
I appreciate any help,
Brian

downunder
12-12-10, 11:53 PM
Must be a glitch in the original game as i have 2 mods loaded and its just started doing it as well. Plus i have no crew on deck and i cant seem to make them man it either. Its like the game thinks the boats submerged.

Sailor Steve
12-13-10, 12:16 AM
If it's anything like SH4 then the answer is to save the game and reload it. The problem started with SH4, and that's how you fix it there.

downunder
12-13-10, 12:21 AM
Cheers Steve, Ill try that. Any ideas why im the only one on the deck? I must have a very undisaplined crew as they wont go to the bridge even when i order them "crew on deck" Didnt think i was that hard a Kaptain that they'd go on strike!

THE_MASK
12-13-10, 12:32 AM
TheDarkWraiths UI mod user options .
if TCxOnMessageBoxText is enabled then it will trigger on the following numbers from menu.txt: 2225=CO2 level .
Then the game will TC to 1 when the CO2 gets to 10% .

Takeda Shingen
12-13-10, 12:34 AM
I have never had the problem with the watch that you are describing, but the CO2 bug has been around since SH3. It usually happens when loading a saved game where you are submerged. Accordingly, I always make sure to save only when surfaced.

THE_MASK
12-13-10, 12:34 AM
Cheers Steve, Ill try that. Any ideas why im the only one on the deck? I must have a very undisaplined crew as they wont go to the bridge even when i order them "crew on deck" Didnt think i was that hard a Kaptain that they'd go on strike! I only ever had the crew refuse to go on deck when there morale was right down . The cook has an important job on the boat .

downunder
12-13-10, 05:38 AM
Thanks Boys, Im about to log on and see how it goes, ill let you know.

downunder
12-13-10, 06:29 AM
All's good, Co2 back to normal and so is the crew, I had saved submerged and i think that was the prob. Cheers Guys.

Axeman3d
12-13-10, 07:43 AM
Never save while submerged, no version of the game likes that. It's an added incentive to survive and evade Destroyers, otherwise you really lose your career. :)

stingaroo
12-13-10, 04:21 PM
Thats it! Just got home from work and after reading this I loaded it up. CO2 started dropping and the watch was out on deck!
Thanks fellas.

Danno109
12-13-10, 08:03 PM
Be cautious about saving surfaced in fog. Be sure there are no contacts within 10 miles because weather on 'save' is not necessarily weather on 'load'. I found out the hard way months ago... that destroyer patroling the harbour couldn't quite see me 5 miles away in poor weather but when I loaded the next day... clear and sunny. The chase was on. Damn!

I've never had a problem saving underwater with SHV. But since others have, assume it can happen.