PDA

View Full Version : Why is the left stuck on tax breaks for the rich...

GoldenRivet
12-02-10, 11:47 PM
...When it has been made abundantly clear that the GOP openly stated they want those tax cuts for ALL Americans?

Why can they not just spend 90 seconds of their welfare ridden days and read 10 sentences into any given news article to figure it out?

oh... read... got ya

:06:

Sailor Steve
12-02-10, 11:57 PM
Because ALL Americans includes the rich. And, all things being equal, since the rich have more money, they get to keep more, which just isn't fair. Anything which lets anybody keep more than anybody else is evil, plain and simple. They need to be forced to stop their evil ways and pay their fair share, which, in case you were wondering, is whatever we say it is.

Only the blessed Government can do this for us, so their waste, lying and stealing needs to be overlooked.

Aramike
12-03-10, 12:05 AM
Because ALL Americans includes the rich. And, all things being equal, since the rich have more money, they get to keep more, which just isn't fair. Anything which lets anybody keep more than anybody else is evil, plain and simple. They need to be forced to stop their evil ways and pay their fair share, which, in case you were wondering, is whatever we say it is.

Only the blessed Government can do this for us, so their waste, lying and stealing needs to be overlooked.What the hell is wrong wit...

Oh wait, I get it. Nicely done! :cool:

Takeda Shingen
12-03-10, 12:06 AM
Also because the poor, the left, and the poor who vote left are lazy, slothful, illiterate, sliftless drains upon socitey; little better than cockroaches. They are a poison upon the utopic American landscape, and are seeminly oblivious to the adequate number of union workhouses and prisons available in which they may breed and pine away their miserable existences. Any attempt at their gentrification would be a useless waste of money. Better they die sooner than later.

Sailor Steve
12-03-10, 12:07 AM
Also a point well taken. You described me to a 'T'. :D

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:10 AM
Also because the poor, the left, and the poor who vote left are lazy, slothful, illiterate, sliftless drains upon socitey; little better than cockroaches.

Dude... while i agree with almost every word.

please dont say stuff like that about cockroaches:shifty:

Ducimus
12-03-10, 12:10 AM
Because....
stereotypically speaking.....
who wants to give this guy a tax break?

http://www.erniekwiat.com/04bSamplesMisc/Stock-Art/rich.man.lighting.cigar.gif

When people think of "the rich", they think of this guy. He's the guy in the corner office, or the private office. He's the CEO, the executive, the wall streeter, the guy who kills your 401K matching, kills your bonuses or pay raises, the guy who lays people off, the guy with the golden parachute, obscene salaires, and ludicrious bonuses. The people that average Joe despises. Nobody wants to give them a tax break. I know i don't.

Takeda Shingen
12-03-10, 12:14 AM
I'm just hoping I was Dickensian enough so that people don't take the post seriously.

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:14 AM
the term "all Americans" is pretty much all inclusive.

As long as the tax breaks across the board are all commensurate with earnings I don't see the problem.

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:17 AM
I'm just hoping I was Dickensian enough so that people don't take the post seriously.

you were :up:

Torvald Von Mansee
12-03-10, 12:16 PM
...When it has been made abundantly clear that the GOP openly stated they want those tax cuts for ALL Americans?

Why can they not just spend 90 seconds of their welfare ridden days and read 10 sentences into any given news article to figure it out?

oh... read... got ya

:06:

Riiiiiiiight. It's the Democrats who are stuck on tax cuts for the rich:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/12/boehner-blasts-dems-chickencrap-majority-rules-tax-cut-gambit-1.php?ref=fpa

You know how many times I've heard conservatives say: "life isn't fair"?

A LOT.

And yet when it comes to taxes they suddenly care?

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:20 PM
and why is it that when the Republicans say "All Americans"

the Democrats demonize the wealthy and say "well... maybe not all."

i guess their logic is that someone has to pay for the majority of their voters... may as well be the wealthy people.

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:24 PM
And no... Life is NOT fair.

for all of my successes there have been failures, and to that i say "Life is not fair.

But when someone says "lets extend tax cuts to All Americans" i dont think there should be any reason to exclude certain groups... especially when the group paying the most taxes are in the higher brackets anyhow.

Im confused by the Democrat mentality that they are entitled to other people's money. I'm astounded that it is a political platform.

Schools, roads, police, fire sure i can understand the public necessities... but all these social programs that encourage laziness?

antikristuseke
12-03-10, 12:27 PM
You are both bloody morons if you think politicians in either party care about anything more than lining their pockets and hanging on to power.

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:44 PM
You are both bloody morons if you think politicians in either party care about anything more than lining their pockets and hanging on to power.

not really talking so much about the guys sitting in the offices on capital hill

I'm talking about the entire movement, ideology, party - by whatever name you wish to apply.

the right says - "Yay tax cuts for everyone to spur the economy... the more people have in their pockets the more likley they are to buy with their pent up demand. yay!"

the left says - "Whoa not so fast! tax cuts are fine and dandy, but not for anyone making over $250,000... I mean, someone has to pay for welfare programs and abortions!"

mookiemookie
12-03-10, 12:48 PM
Im confused by the Democrat mentality that they are entitled to other people's money. I'm astounded that it is a political platform.

Oh you mean kind of like bailing out Wall Street? You mean like that kind of entitled to other's money?

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:49 PM
Oh you mean kind of like bailing out Wall Street? You mean like that kind of entitled to other's money?

which was a disgusting idea that i was opposed to from the start.

Both a R and D president alike put their signatures on that mookie and you know it.

EDIT:

our government has divided us - conquered us - and sold us up the river.

mookiemookie
12-03-10, 12:50 PM
which was a disgusting idea that i was opposed to from the start.

Both a R and D president alike put their signatures on that mookie and you know it.

Yep. And you're right - it's disgusting no matter who does it. And they both did.

gimpy117
12-03-10, 12:53 PM
I agree with torvald, its the republicans who are stuck. But it figures, a bunch of very rich men would love to extend their own tax cuts.

I think the fact that democrats are trying to eliminate this tax for the rich is a nice tip of the hat for the middle class, who feels that even though their tax rates are technically lower, the amount taken out of their paycheck matters much more than the money taken out of a rich persons paycheck.

GoldenRivet
12-03-10, 12:57 PM
i honestly dont see a problem with giving tax cuts that are commensurate with bracket.

hypothetical example (these numbers are just plucked out of the air for sake of argument)

YOUR TAX BRACKET_________YOUR TAX CUT AMT

low income..........................15.0%
low-middle income.................12.5%
middle income.......................10.0%
high-middle income................7.5%
High Income.........................4.5%
"Wealthty"...........................2.0%
you could buy the pope..........0.25%

you could buy the guy
that could buy the pope..........0.10%

why is that such a big no-no?

Sailor Steve
12-03-10, 02:40 PM
I agree with torvald...
That explains a lot.

Rockin Robbins
12-03-10, 05:18 PM
I have a great idea! Let's pay the banks off for all the bad loans they made so they no longer have any incentive to adjust the loan payers' interest or balance. We could pay them off so they could screw the public with impunity.......what's that?......we already did?

Never mind.:yawn:

August
12-03-10, 06:35 PM
Graduated tax rates are a slap in the face of the American ideal of equal treatment under the law.

A simple flat tax rate with no deductions is the only truly fair way imo. But that would take a powerful weapon away from those who would try to divide us.

Sailor Steve
12-03-10, 07:50 PM
Graduated tax rates are a slap in the face of the American ideal of equal treatment under the law.

A simple flat tax rate with no deductions is the only truly fair way imo. But that would take a powerful weapon away from those who would try to divide us.
Not to mention putting the IRS out of business, which would save a lot more money.