PDA

View Full Version : Best of Subsim 2010!

Aramike
11-30-10, 03:21 PM
It's back!

We are again at that time of the year where we award our standout members with the recognition they deserve for helping to keep this place the best special-interest forum on the Internet.

This year, we will be giving the following awards:

Best Poster of the Year
Midshipman of the Year
Thread of the Year
Mod of the Year
Modder of the Year
Most Helpful Member of the Year
Moderator of the Year
Post of the Year
Signature of the Year
Funniest Post of the Year

A committee of select members has agreed to volunteer their time in order to discuss and vote on the finalists for each category. But of course, we need YOUR help ... please reply to this thread with any and all suggestions for winners in any category.

Finally, a huge thank you to each member of these forums for making this such an awesome place, and in advance for your help in recognizing our best!

the_tyrant
11-30-10, 03:25 PM
Thedarkwrath has to be the best modder this year.
as for the moderator, i'm leaning towards Takeda Shingen
best post:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176738

Dowly
11-30-10, 03:35 PM

Antikristuseke

No. You buy someone else a present. It's supposed to be about the joy of giving, not getting.

Kind of like rape, really:D

*legs it*

(and many many many many other posts he has made the past year:salute:)

EDIT: Ow right, the linky to the post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1539857&postcount=22

razark
11-30-10, 03:56 PM
Mod of the Year:

Nisgeis and his 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit mod!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170944

Jimbuna
11-30-10, 04:00 PM
It's back!

We are again at that time of the year where we award our standout members with the recognition they deserve for helping to keep this place the best special-interest forum on the Internet.

This year, we will be giving the following awards:

Best Poster of the Year
Midshipman of the Year
Thread of the Year
Mod of the Year
Modder of the Year
Moderator of the Year
Post of the Year
Signature of the Year

A committee of select members has agreed to volunteer their time in order to discuss and vote on the finalists for each category. But of course, we need YOUR help ... please reply to this thread with any and all suggestions for winners in any category.

Finally, a huge thank you to each member of these forums for making this such an awesome place, and in advance for your help in recognizing our best!

Rgr that...the more participants the better...working on my list now http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Ducimus
11-30-10, 04:13 PM

Mod of the Year:
Nisgeis and his 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit mod!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170944

My thoughts exactly.

I'd say Thedarkwrath as modder of the year, because without his work, SH5 would be unplayable IMO. His prodigious work is keeping SH5's head above water, and will most certainly get me to reinstall SH5 once he's published his supermod for SH5.

Nisgesis's TDC radar range unit most definatly as mod of the year. The amount of work and extrapolation he did in that is nothing short of phenomenal and pushed the game engine to it's limits. In my opinion his mod is the most realistic portrayal of a TDC and radar ranging ever made in any SH title.

Takeda Shingen
11-30-10, 04:22 PM
Question: What are the qualifications for midshipman of the year?

Pending the answer, my suggestions follow. I tried not to nominate the usual suspects because I know they'll be nominated, and deservedly so; not that I don't love them as well:

Poster of the Year: Frau Kaleun

Thread of the Year: Curiosity Killed the Cat '10. What other thread has been around since January without a sticky?

Mod of the Year: Intelligent, Random AI (IRAI)

Modder of the Year: TheDarkWraith

Most Helpful Member of the Year: Sober

Moderator of the Year: XabbaRus

Post of the Year:

Signature of the Year: Dowly: Misspelling

Funniest Post(er) of the Year: Oberon

Unsure about post of the year as well. Need some time to mull that over.

Jimbuna
11-30-10, 04:53 PM

Pending the answer, my suggestions follow. I tried not to nominate the usual suspects because I know they'll be nominated, and deservedly so; not that I don't love them as well:

Thread of the Year: Curiosity Killed the Cat '10. What other thread has been around since January without a sticky?

Moderator of the Year: XabbaRus

Post of the Year:

Signature of the Year: Dowly: Misspelling

Funniest Post(er) of the Year: Oberon

Unsure about post of the year as well. Need some time to mull that over.

Some pretty good suggestions there Tak....can't post mine (I think) on the committee :doh:

:DL

I can think of a few strong contenders in most of the categories though....the competition is pretty high and really quite reflective of our excellent forum/community :sunny:

So come on peeps, the more input/nominations from the floor...the better :yeah:

Takeda Shingen
11-30-10, 04:57 PM
I posted a link in the SH5 forum. Hopefully that will bring down some of the guys that don't read GT regularly.

DarkFish
11-30-10, 06:45 PM
Best Poster of the YearSailor Steve:yep:

Midshipman of the Year Oberon. Don't know much more Midshipmen here, and he's a good guy:DL

Thread of the Year Funny Picture Thread (http://subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163913)

Funniest Post of the YearIf I can also add a "Funniest Poster" here it has to be Frau Kaleun.

Skybird
11-30-10, 07:17 PM
Best moderators:

the tamers of the snake pit: Neon Samurai, Xabba, and because he helps out in GT as well, Takeda. I may not agree with every single decision and event they handled, but in general they do a very good job in probably the most - at least potentially - "complicated" forum. Thanks, and compliments to all three. :salute:

Jimbuna
11-30-10, 07:18 PM
@Aramike

I'm wondering if it would be helpful for people to know who the committee members were...in order that they know who is inegilible to be nominated.

Takeda Shingen
11-30-10, 08:14 PM
I'm not on the committee, but I really don't think that you guys should ID yourselves. The SubSim Awards are wonderful, and many of us look forward to them every year, but you know very well that there are always people looking to poison the well. Telling people who you are opens you to the kind criticism that is petty and unwelcome, and takes something that is beautiful and well-intentioned and turns it into something ugly.

Sailor Steve
11-30-10, 09:39 PM
I think that would be the best poster who joined this year, and I know who I want for that one.

Sailor Steve:yep:
I appreciate the gesture, but that big gold "2009" medalion means that I'm not qualified for this year's running. Besides, I'm on the committee. :sunny:

[edit] I just reread Jim's and Tak's posts, and I think both have good points. I'm currently leaning toward Jim's idea of derailing possible nominations by identifying ourselves, but I'm also open to suggestion and advice on the subject, and of course if Aramike says keep quiet then that's the final word. Too late for the Big Buna and the Old Sailor, but the others can still be persuaded.

Aramike
11-30-10, 09:56 PM
@Aramike

I'm wondering if it would be helpful for people to know who the committee members were...in order that they know who is inegilible to be nominated.This one was hard ... Takeda makes an excellent point.

On the other hand, I think we did a good job of having a well-rounded committee, and our discussions and votes are private, so I think I'll have to side with Jim and Steve. Besides, a few people have given themselves away already. I was actually going to suggest we do something with our signatures so that we can be PMed suggestions that people don't want to make public, but alas, this is easier.

The following individuals are on the committee and therefore ineligible for awards:

Reece
Oberon
August
gimpy117
Sailor Steve
Jimbuna
Tarjak
Neal Stevens
Aramike

Aramike
11-30-10, 09:56 PM
I posted a link in the SH5 forum. Hopefully that will bring down some of the guys that don't read GT regularly.Awesome, thank you!!!

frau kaleun
11-30-10, 09:57 PM
Best Poster of the Year
The official unofficial SH5 promo poster (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1240274&postcount=20)
Yes I know it wasn't a poster, nor is it an appropriate nomination given what you actually meant by the word "poster." And I don't care. It was the first thing I thought of. :O:

Midshipman of the Year
I assume "Midshipman" means someone who joined in 2010, in which case, I nominate Herr-Berbunch (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=263653).

Thread of the Year
Subsim army of zombies (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169859)
or take your pick from here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
and I also have fond memories of Kiel (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162160&highlight=Kiel)

Mod of the Year
Keep in mind I only play SH3 (so far), so I nominate FM_NewInteriors (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162631)

Modder of the Year
flakmonkey (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=226613), for the above

Everybody I thought of right off appears to be ineligible. So I'll try to think about it some more.

Moderator of the Year
the mods of General Topics, for obvious reasons
and/or
whoever was moderating the SH5 forums back when the DRM news broke, for obvious reasons

Edit:
@ Tak & DarkFish: thanks, guys! :oops: :DL (the checks are in the mail) :O:

Aramike
11-30-10, 10:01 PM
Oh, and to clarify - those who suggest that Midshipman OTY is for new members are correct! :|\\

Aramike
11-30-10, 10:07 PM
...and for anyone who's interested, here's a link to last year's award winners and runner-ups: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159326

Gargamel
11-30-10, 10:29 PM
I think that would be the best poster who joined this year, and I know who I want for that one..

Ahh shucks Steve.... thanks.....

Oh wait..... oh... ok.......

Armistead
12-01-10, 01:51 AM
So this is just SH related, not just SH4...? I only know SH4...:D

JScones
12-01-10, 02:33 AM
Best Poster of the Year: -

Midshipman of the Year: SteelViking.

Thread of the Year: -

Mod of the Year: -

Modder of the Year: TDW. Because he doesn't just promise outcomes, he delivers outcomes!

Most Helpful Member of the Year: I'll vote SteelViking again, not necessarily for any overt help to other members, but moreso for implied help. From reading his posts in the SH5 modders forum he struck me as someone who's making the best of what he's got and attempting to focus and take others forward with him. To that end, his influence amongst modders ultimately helps the entire (SH5) community.

Moderator of the Year: Hitman. He's level headed, reasonable, and doesn't seem to be as parochial/subjective as some others.

Post of the Year: -

Signature of the Year: I've turned off signatures, but before I did, I used to find Dowly's quite funny.

Funniest Post of the Year: -

I might come back and edit in some other names as I think of them.

Zedi
12-01-10, 03:37 AM
I posted a link in the SH5 forum. Hopefully that will bring down some of the guys that don't read GT regularly.

Luck with that or I was about to miss this nomination thread. Now.. I can give nomination only for SH5 mods and moders, but it has to be only one? I will nominee more, but if it has to be only one, then take the first on the list.

SH5 - Modder of the Year:
TDW - for his amazing amount of work and time spent into fixing and improving SH5. This guy is already a legend, no doubt about that.
W_Clear - for pushing the SH5 environment beyond his limits and creating stunning weather effects. It's already hard to make a difference between pixels and reality due his work.

SH5 - Mod of the Year:
IRAI - It can be considered as patch 1.3 for SH5. Without this mod, the game is worthless and pointless.
UHS - Even if this mod was not improved since release, it's an essential mod for SH5 just because it fix the sub.

SH5 was born as a retard child but we got here an amazing team of doctors who saved this child and gave him chance to live. BIG thanks to all SH5 moders, everyone without exception. /salute :salute:

McBeck
12-01-10, 05:09 AM
I second this:
Thread of the Year
Subsim army of zombies (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169859)

Reason: This thread was started at a time when the frustrations with SH5 was running high, but it showed the true nature of this community...we may be annoyed, we may be angry, we may be all kinds of things, but we do not support trolling.
In any other community, this thread would have evolved into something very ugly very fast.

mookiemookie
12-01-10, 09:18 AM
Thread of the Year: Subsim army of zombies

It sums up the Subsim spirit - not even dedicated trolls can keep us down. We turn things like that into jokes.

Mod & Modder of the Year - Multiple UIs for SH5 & TheDarkWraith

Ubisoft should have had him on the payroll when developing SH5. For all he's done for that game, they still should.

Poster of the Year - Frau Kaleun or Sailor Steve

Midshipman of the Year - SteelViking

Jimbuna
12-01-10, 09:51 AM
I'm not on the committee, but I really don't think that you guys should ID yourselves. The SubSim Awards are wonderful, and many of us look forward to them every year, but you know very well that there are always people looking to poison the well. Telling people who you are opens you to the kind criticism that is petty and unwelcome, and takes something that is beautiful and well-intentioned and turns it into something ugly.

I think that would be the best poster who joined this year, and I know who I want for that one.

I appreciate the gesture, but that big gold "2009" medalion means that I'm not qualified for this year's running. Besides, I'm on the committee. :sunny:

[edit] I just reread Jim's and Tak's posts, and I think both have good points. I'm currently leaning toward Jim's idea of derailing possible nominations by identifying ourselves, but I'm also open to suggestion and advice on the subject, and of course if Aramike says keep quiet then that's the final word. Too late for the Big Buna and the Old Sailor, but the others can still be persuaded.

This one was hard ... Takeda makes an excellent point.

On the other hand, I think we did a good job of having a well-rounded committee, and our discussions and votes are private, so I think I'll have to side with Jim and Steve. Besides, a few people have given themselves away already. I was actually going to suggest we do something with our signatures so that we can be PMed suggestions that people don't want to make public, but alas, this is easier.

The following individuals are on the committee and therefore ineligible for awards:

Reece
Oberon
August
gimpy117
Sailor Steve
Jimbuna
Tarjak
Neal Stevens
Aramike

Well now that our covers are 'blown' can we start accepting the bribes?

I promise only to accept those beer bottles that come through my letterbox unbroken :DL

antikristuseke
12-01-10, 09:56 AM
Alrighty, I'll ship my empty beer bottles to your address right away as you clearly did not ask for beer.

frau kaleun
12-01-10, 09:59 AM
Well now that our covers are 'blown' can we start accepting the bribes?

I promise only to accept those beer bottles that come through my letterbox unbroken :DL

I must say I am highly offended by this development, as many of us would have to rely on international shipping services to deliver the goods in an acceptable condition. It clearly gives an unfair advantage to those living near enough to proffer their bribes by way of drive-by beering.

Jimbuna
12-01-10, 09:59 AM
Alrighty, I'll ship my empty beer bottles to your address right away as you clearly did not ask for beer.

EMPTY!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/c_jane24/Smileys/4_6_100.gif*striking antikristuseke off each category in his nominations list*

razark
12-01-10, 10:15 AM
Mod of the Year
Keep in mind I only play SH3 (so far)
So this is just SH related, not just SH4...? I only know SH4...
I can give nomination only for SH5 mods and moders, but it has to be only one?

These raise a question. There's been some amazing work done in all three of these.

SH5 was just released this year, giving a new base with lots of things that needed changed, and has been a major focus for many people. SH4 has seen some good stuff this year, and SH3 is still going strong years after many games would have been left on the shelf.

Should there be a single Mod of the Year, or a Mod of the Year for each one? Or maybe an overall Mod of the Year, with a subcategory for each game?

Madox58
12-01-10, 10:19 AM
drive-by beering

Now there's something I wouldn't mind being a victim of.
:D

Takeda Shingen
12-01-10, 10:20 AM
My vote would be to leave it at one mod and one modder of the year. If you are going to have subcategories for mods, then you need to have them for poster, funniest, et al, for the rest of the sub-forums. I say keep it simple and concise. Besides, it's all for good fun and smiles.

Jimbuna
12-01-10, 10:26 AM
My vote would be to leave it at one mod and one modder of the year. If you are going to have subcategories for mods, then you need to have them for poster, funniest, et al, for the rest of the sub-forums. I say keep it simple and concise. Besides, it's all for good fun and smiles.

Probably the best way...either that or a Best Mod for each of 3, 4 and 5 with a simple overall Best Modder category.

Takeda Shingen
12-01-10, 10:41 AM
I guess that I'm just upset that there is still no Bot of the Year award. All year I have been compiling and ranking my list of the best knockoff Ray-Ban selling spambots on SubSim. Damnation; my life's work was for nothing.

Jimbuna
12-01-10, 11:11 AM
I guess that I'm just upset that there is still no Bot of the Year award. All year I have been compiling and ranking my list of the best knockoff Ray-Ban selling spambots on SubSim. Damnation; my life's work was for nothing.

Never mind, I'll ship some of those bribes err I mean bottles over the pond to cheer you up http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/santa.gif

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2884/drunkcob.gif

antikristuseke
12-01-10, 11:18 AM
Empty beer bottles ae going to be the subsim version of chain letters.

TLAM Strike
12-01-10, 11:20 AM

Be afraid if they come back "Return to sender" and they are filled with something.... :O:

antikristuseke
12-01-10, 11:22 AM
Be afraid if they come back "Return to sender" and they are filled with something.... :O:

American beer?:D

Jimbuna
12-01-10, 11:26 AM
American beer?:D

LMAO :har:

Sailor Steve
12-01-10, 11:33 AM
Well, since the bots get banned as fast as they show up, no one would ever see the award anyway. Vote for whichever ones you like - no one will know the difference. :D

Oh, and I agree about the sub-categories thing. Much better to have single awards rather than one for every forum there ever was.

Gargamel
12-01-10, 09:46 PM
I second this:
Thread of the Year

Reason: This thread was started at a time when the frustrations with SH5 was running high, but it showed the true nature of this community...we may be annoyed, we may be angry, we may be all kinds of things, but we do not support trolling.
In any other community, this thread would have evolved into something very ugly very fast.

Having jsut read the whole thing, I'll say it did get ugly, but on a cosmetic scale, not emotional :O:. I'll vote for thread of the year for it.

Herr-Berbunch
12-02-10, 11:30 AM
I'd just like to say that this was quite difficult - I kept thinking of names and then seeing them on the committee, darn you - next year use strangers! :yep:

Thread of the Year: Four Word Story Game (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162766)

Mod of the Year: Not just this year but a continuing toil by Sailor Steve for his Ships' Names, over 11k sorted and typed in.

Modder of the Year: Wreford-Brown

Moderator of the Year: Any of the GT guys - they have the most difficult decisions to make in the forum.

Signature of the Year: Downley's, or Dowry's, or any other variation beginning with D and ending with Y. - Dowly - that's it!

Funniest Post of the Year: Any of Brag's stories of OLT z S. Johan Sebastian Balz (The greatest hero of the Kriegsmarine) :D

frau kaleun
12-02-10, 12:13 PM
Funniest Post of the Year: Any of Brag's stories of OLT z S. Johan Sebastian Balz (The greatest hero of the Kriegsmarine) :D

I second that, in fact I've been reading through them trying to pick out one that really stood out for me. I was all ready to go with Corkahoochie (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1453616&postcount=17) but, boy, it's a tough call. Some really good stuff there.

Herr-Berbunch
12-02-10, 02:15 PM
I second that, in fact I've been reading through them trying to pick out one that really stood out for me. I was all ready to go with Corkahoochie (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1453616&postcount=17) but, boy, it's a tough call. Some really good stuff there.

Kingmaker could've been so different :D

Disclaimer: I've not yet read Kingmaker, but fully intend to around early 2011, so it could, in fact, be full of Balz, hoochie woochies and tea cosies and not different whatsoever!

Growler
12-02-10, 04:27 PM
Best Post: This one (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1397854&postcount=4). Short, sweet, succinct, and elegant.

TarJak
12-02-10, 05:16 PM
Never mind, I'll ship some of those bribes err I mean bottles over the pond to cheer you up http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/santa.gif

Don't wait up for them to arrive
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/email_15.gif

Gargamel
12-02-10, 05:49 PM
Kingmaker could've been so different :D

Disclaimer: I've not yet read Kingmaker, but fully intend to around early 2011, so it could, in fact, be full of Balz, hoochie woochies and tea cosies and not different whatsoever!

I'm about halfway through it, good read. And yes I see a lot of Ballz in some of the characters.

So yes, anything Brag has done in the Balz series also gets my vote.

krashkart
12-02-10, 08:46 PM
Poster Girl of the Year - nikimcbee :O:

SteamWake
12-02-10, 09:25 PM
Best thread.. Army of Zombies

Aramike
12-03-10, 12:04 AM
Best thread.. Army of ZombiesYou know what really irks me? I have been completely oblivious to that thread until now! I love it!

As an aside, keep them coming folks!

Zedi
12-03-10, 02:40 AM
2 much offtopic here :nope:

Magic1111
12-03-10, 04:13 AM
I vote for this:

Best Poster of the Year makman94
Midshipman of the Year -
Thread of the Year Realistic Repair- and Flooding Times (and more!)
Mod of the Year Fm_NewInteriors v1.0
Modder of the Year flakmonkey
Most Helpful Member of the Year makman94
Moderator of the Year -
Post of the Year -
Signature of the Year Mine:haha: (...it´s an joke...)
Funniest Post of the Year -

Seeadler
12-03-10, 07:05 AM
Thread of the Year: all these Ubisoft DRM... threads together :D

Kapitän Schneider
12-03-10, 10:30 AM
Midshipman of the Year - I need an explanation of this one.

Thread of the Year - Combine all the threads asking if SH 5 is worth buying and our explanations to why the poster hasn't scrolled down the page to all the other "is it worth buying" threads.

Most Helpful Member of the Year - Either Privateer for all his helpfull advice and pointing people in the right direction. Or Alex who selfishly gave up his free time to teach me some things with 3ds Max (and the rumours of him being the friendliest member of the foum are true.)

Moderator of the Year - CCIP

Funniest Post of the Year - McBeck wishing Neal a Happy Birthday and the picture of Dowly the Finnish Ferret bursting out of the cake.

Well there's most of my nominations. :yeah:

Aramike
12-03-10, 10:34 AM
Midshipman of the Year - I need an explanation of this one.New member who's joined sometime since last November.

Jimbuna
12-03-10, 11:45 AM
lets keep those suggestions rolling in....the more the better http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Kapitän Schneider
12-03-10, 12:10 PM
New member who's joined sometime since last November.

Can I nominate myself then since I joined this year in July? :haha:

BigBANGtheory
12-03-10, 01:10 PM
Best Poster of the Year TheDarkWraith (cos he posts on topic, people repect his opinion, and he doesn't get stressed)
Midshipman of the Year -
Thread of the Year Realistic Repair- and Flooding Times
Mod of the Year TDW New UI for SH5 v5.2
Modder of the Year Privateer (for developing mod tools for modders)
Most Helpful Member of the Year Sober
Moderator of the Year -
Post of the Year Megamod for SH5
Signature of the Year wclear (short sweet, great photo no BS)
Funniest Post of the Year -

I don't feel I can add to the other categories.

Captn Wilhelm
12-03-10, 01:11 PM
Poster of the Year: Gunfighter for all his awesome screenshots

Thread of the Year: Realistic Picture Thread (zombie thread is just trolls trolling a troll, and since he was fed fifty some pages, I'd say he won.)

Moderator of the Year: Hitman (judging by what's been said about him)

Post of the Year: N/A

Signature of the Year: N/A

Funniest Post(er) of the Year: N/A

:woot:

Takeda Shingen
12-03-10, 02:17 PM
FYI, the troll in the zombie thread is a guy originally known as 'owner'. Despite being banned, he returned time and time again to poison the well in a multitude of threads on the board, making him a real pain in the backside to stop. In the zombie thread, we tried a new tactic: Allow the thread to roll. This was in the hope of two things:

1. To allow him to concentrate his efforts in one place, making him easier to catch each time.

and

2. To prevent him from poisoning the other threads on the board, allowing the productive threads to remain unhindered.

You have stated multiple times that you do not approve of the thread, but given the results, I'd say it has been a remarkable success. I have no intention of closing it anytime soon, since it is the first place he is likely to come back to should he return. So, no, I'd say the troll lost. Big time. That thead serves as a reminder that the community itself is the best defense against trolls.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.

Herr-Berbunch
12-03-10, 03:21 PM
Poster of the Year: I agree Gunfighter's pics are great, as are Otto's!

Cheekiest post of the year: Kapitän Schneider :03:

Captn Wilhelm
12-03-10, 04:08 PM
FYI, the troll in the zombie thread is a guy originally known as 'owner'. Despite being banned, he returned time and time again to poison the well in a multitude of threads on the board, making him a real pain in the backside to stop. In the zombie thread, we tried a new tactic: Allow the thread to roll. This was in the hope of two things:

1. To allow him to concentrate his efforts in one place, making him easier to catch each time.

and

2. To prevent him from poisoning the other threads on the board, allowing the productive threads to remain unhindered.

You have stated multiple times that you do not approve of the thread, but given the results, I'd say it has been a remarkable success. I have no intention of closing it anytime soon, since it is the first place he is likely to come back to should he return. So, no, I'd say the troll lost. Big time. That thead serves as a reminder that the community itself is the best defense against trolls.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.

1st bold point: You've stated multiple times that you do approve. Let's agree to disagree on it, howzdat? It's obvious that maturity does not beget maturity.

2nd bold point: Didn't ask you to, not sure how you got that or what it has to do with my post.

3rd bold point: :up: Look up the definition of trolling and then re-think. In my opinion, ignoring trolls is the best solution to them. (I should follow my own advice sometimes too).

Not sure why it was needed, but, sorry for the off-topic reply to the off-topic reply. I didn't know that votes were up for discussion or needed to be approved.

Now back to the votes..

Takeda Shingen
12-03-10, 04:17 PM
Datzkool, Captain Wilhelm. However, not only did you bring it up, you did so in an unrelated thread on a completely different forum. If you want to stop talking about it, my advice would be to stop talking about it. Maturity and all, ya know?

Let's not trash the thread shall we? A lot of people I respect are trying to do some nice things for the community that I love.

Captn Wilhelm
12-03-10, 04:28 PM
Datzkool, Captain Wilhelm. However, not only did you bring it up, you did so in an unrelated thread on a completely different forum. If you want to stop talking about it, my advice would be to stop talking about it. Maturity and all, ya know?

Let's not trash the thread shall we? A lot of people I respect are trying to do some nice things for the community that I love.

What did I do that was so wrong that you felt that you needed to point out? Why is it that you're on my junk so much as well? Why reply to my opinions if you don't want to "thrash the thread"?

I put my vote and why, if you disagree, wouldn't a pm message have been FAR more appropriate if you wanted to discuss as to "not trash the thread"? Or a simply vote to cancel out mine??

Can I have Neal's PM Info?

Takeda Shingen
12-03-10, 04:37 PM
What did I do that was so wrong that you felt that you needed to point out? Why is it that you're on my junk so much as well? Why reply to my opinions if you don't want to "thrash the thread"?

I put my vote and why, if you disagree, wouldn't a pm message have been FAR more appropriate if you wanted to discuss as to "not trash the thread"? Or a simply vote to cancel out mine??

Can I have Neal's PM Info?

Actually, this brings up a side point that I have seen from a number of us. Guys, we're not actually voting here. My understanding is that we are making suggestions for the committee, so no one is placing an actual 'hard vote'. I think that they do most of the voting, but someone from the committee will correct me if I am wrong.

Captain Wilhelm, I have replied to you in a very respectful manner up until your last message when you got nasty. Your comment was made in a public forum. As such I took the opportunity to reply to you in a public forum, as this is what the purpose of the board is. I do not act in the capacity of moderator on General Topics, as I am not a moderator of General Topics. However, I am asking you now to step back and calm down. It's just the internet. You don't seem like a bad guy, but you seem pretty worked up about this particular topic. Really, it is not worth it; I know from experience.

Mr. Stevens' contact information can be found all over the place on this board should you wish to discuss the matter with him directly. I will say no more.

Captn Wilhelm
12-03-10, 04:59 PM
*snip*

Captain Wilhelm, I have replied to you in a very respectful manner up until your last message when you got nasty. Your comment was made in a public forum. As such I took the opportunity to reply to you in a public forum, as this is what the purpose of the board is. I do not act in the capacity of moderator on General Topics, as I am not a moderator of General Topics. However, I am asking you now to step back and calm down. It's just the internet. You don't seem like a bad guy, but you seem pretty worked up about this particular topic. Really, it is not worth it; I know from experience.

Mr. Stevens' contact information can be found all over the place on this board should you wish to discuss the matter with him directly. I will say no more.

You replied in a public forum and then essentially told me not to reply so as to not "trash the thread". Then replied again. It's a bit ridiculous and you've now derailed the thread.

I guess if you won't give it to me then I'll send him an email. I apologize to everyone else for the interruption.

JScones
12-03-10, 06:09 PM
That thead serves as a reminder that the community itself is the best defense against trolls.
Actually, that thread merely serves as a reminder that talking about nothing in the SH5 forum is more popular than talking about SH5.

I would never vote it as my "thread of the year", because it has nothing to do with anything. It doesn't contribute to the forum any more than allowing jimbuna, frau kaleun and certain other "regulars" unlimited opportunies to raise their post count.

Buy hey, if allowing trolling is the new effective way to deal with trolling, go right ahead, but it or the SH5 moderators who allow it will never get my vote on anything. Were it in GT, then of course, that would be different. But keeping it in SH5...

Madox58
12-03-10, 06:09 PM
Midshipman - SteelViking - He's went to extremes to learn and did a great job!

Thread - Subsim army of zombies (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169859) - Read and understand.

Moderator - Takeda Shingen - This is one Guy that has my respect!:salute:

Signature - Hands down - Dowly -being spelled wrong since 2005 - Even I am guilty of misspelling Dowly :haha:

Most helpful - Sober or frau kaleun - both are none stop :salute:

Takeda Shingen
12-03-10, 06:15 PM
Midshipman - SteelViking - He's went to extremes to learn and did a great job!

Understanding now what they meant by Midshipman, I have to agree. SteelViking is a great addition to the community. :up:

[501]Otto
12-03-10, 07:02 PM
Best Poster of the Year Gunfighter, every single day he posts a nice pic, in both SHV pic threads, making some of us wanting to improve our skills.

Thread of the Year Subsim army of zombies
Mod of the Year IRAI it changes the stock arcade AI to a mad nightmare for an U-Boat kaleun
Modder of the Year TDW provides constant feedback and improvements to his mods, helping with the problems that the users report to him
Most Helpful Member of the Year All of you every single question I made has been answered helpfully and in a shocking short amount of time.

Post of the Year http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1521192&postcount=1870 or http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1462528&postcount=1574

Funniest Post of the Year My wife is being unreasonable. Need advice from SH III forum, it keeps me laughing yet, and I started reading it 3 days ago

Madox58
12-03-10, 07:17 PM
Understanding now what they meant by Midshipman, I have to agree. SteelViking is a great addition to the community. :up:

I can't tell you all how hard he worked!
He learned how to do Hex Editing when most fear to go there.
Adjusted Textures in a way I've seen no one go after.
Learned fast and without bitching or complaining.
And spend MANY hours on-line to complete a vision.
I have VERY high regards and expectations (that I know he'll meet) for him.

Aramike
12-03-10, 09:53 PM
Actually, this brings up a side point that I have seen from a number of us. Guys, we're not actually voting here. My understanding is that we are making suggestions for the committee, so no one is placing an actual 'hard vote'. I think that they do most of the voting, but someone from the committee will correct me if I am wrong.You are indeed correct, sir.

However, I hope that doesn't diminish anyone's involvement in this. Trust me, your recommendations will all be discussed. We do it this way for several reasons, not the least of which is to keep it streamlined and orderly. The committee is representative of several people who frequent all areas of the board and who have all different personalities and opinions.

Thanks again for you participation, everyone! Keep the idea's coming!

(We especially need more ideas for Post of the Year)

Aramike
12-04-10, 04:04 AM
You replied in a public forum and then essentially told me not to reply so as to not "trash the thread". Then replied again. It's a bit ridiculous and you've now derailed the thread.

I guess if you won't give it to me then I'll send him an email. I apologize to everyone else for the interruption.Just relax, dude. Judging as impartially as I can, your difference of opinion with Takeda involves a personal tone, which is pointless. I think he's trying to keep this on topic, which is discussions of nominations for the awards, but with an implied measure of keeping it positive. Don't like a nomination? Don't bad-mouth it; select something better!

At least, that's what I think he's saying, and I happen to agree with it.

As far as contacting Neal - just click on his name, man.

Aramike
12-04-10, 04:09 AM
Okay, I'll admit - I rarely stepped into the SHV forums. And as such, I wasn't aware of the Zombie thread until recently. And, to be fair, it makes an EXCELLENT nomination for "Thread of the Year", and I think most agree that it should be at least considered.

Here's my issue, though: who would the award go to? The Best of Subsim awards are about recognizing our best members, and I'll be damned if a troll gets a badge for unintentionally starting a thread that ballooned. Furthermore, if we're not awarding a member, I don't see the point (committee, if I'm off-base here, please slap me down on this one).

So, what say you? Who's the winner in the Zombie thread? Without a winner, what should then be the best thread?

JScones
12-04-10, 04:16 AM
Here's my issue, though: who would the award go to? The Best of Subsim awards are about recognizing our best members, and I'll be damned if a troll gets a badge for unintentionally starting a thread that ballooned. Furthermore, if we're not awarding a member, I don't see the point (committee, if I'm off-base here, please slap me down on this one).
That's EXACTLY the point - why reward trolling, or tolerance of trolling? Award that thread of the year and you've condoned "owner/freewilly/etc", and trolling/spamming in general. Beyond that, the thread contains nothing more than random images that anyone can google. Hardly posts worth rewarding. Heck, here's the whole thread summarised in one link... http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=en&q=zombies&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1811&bih=1083

Surely there are more relevant, on topic threads, started by "real" members, that add to the knowledge base of Subsim and are deserving of the title.

I just can't think of any atm...

Aramike
12-04-10, 04:17 AM
Should there be a single Mod of the Year, or a Mod of the Year for each one? Or maybe an overall Mod of the Year, with a subcategory for each game? I'm sorry I missed this as this is one hell of a good question.

Any thoughts?

TarJak
12-04-10, 06:49 AM
Single mod of the year only would make more sense, othersie you'd have to have one for every game that there is a mod for.

Jimbuna
12-04-10, 07:55 AM
Okay, I'll admit - I rarely stepped into the SHV forums. And as such, I wasn't aware of the Zombie thread until recently. And, to be fair, it makes an EXCELLENT nomination for "Thread of the Year", and I think most agree that it should be at least considered.

So, what say you? Who's the winner in the Zombie thread? Without a winner, what should then be the best thread?

That's EXACTLY the point - why reward trolling, or tolerance of trolling? Award that thread of the year and you've condoned "owner/freewilly/etc", and trolling/spamming in general. Beyond that, the thread contains nothing more than random images that anyone can google. Hardly posts worth rewarding. Heck, here's the whole thread summarised in one link... http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=en&q=zombies&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1811&bih=1083

Surely there are more relevant, on topic threads, started by "real" members, that add to the knowledge base of Subsim and are deserving of the title.

I just can't think of any atm...

Agreed....the award should be focussed on an individual, not a thread.

NGT
12-04-10, 08:25 AM
@Aramike

Sir,

If I understood well, all advice we can read inside this Thread is not a vote, but can play as consulting factor for The Committee.

In this spirit, I would like to point the attention of this Committee, in the fact that:

The member h.sie was able, during 2010, to de-codified the SH3.exe file, after 5 years of efforts of the whole community,

AND,

he made that public.

The modifications he did, was the results of advices given from the community. He worked to satisfy the maximum possible number of members, not his personal ego.

He continue working in the same manner. Please go there:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177507

in post 12: he said, is not point of "my" mod or "your" mod, is always "our" mod.

ADDITIONALLY,

he found the changing parameters of the weather inside EnvSim.act, and he moved the game-play of SH3 to a new area, after 5 years of existence.

Thank you for your attention.

mookiemookie
12-04-10, 08:26 AM
Furthermore, if we're not awarding a member, I don't see the point (committee, if I'm off-base here, please slap me down on this one).

Speaking as a past Best of Subsim committee member, I was under the impression that the best thread award went to the thread itself, not the thread starter. One post does not a thread make. And of course you're not handing out a little badge to everyone who posted in a thread of the year thread - the award goes to the thread itself.

The point is not to hand out badges, the point is to recognize the best aspects of our community. The point isn't for one person to get a thing to wear in their profile for a year...it's to hold up certain ideals and give them the recognition they deserve.

And I'll use your disclaimer, if you don't mind: committee, if I'm off-base here, please slap me down on this one. :hmmm:

Sepp von Ch.
12-04-10, 02:29 PM
Best Poster of the Year -
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1463187&postcount=301

Mod of the Year - Ui-Boat V2.2 (by Reaper7)
Modder of the Year - The Dark Wraith
Most Helpful Member of the Year - Cerberus62
Funniest Post of the Year: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1511786&postcount=488

Gargamel
12-05-10, 12:03 AM
Speaking as a past Best of Subsim committee member, I was under the impression that the best thread award went to the thread itself, not the thread starter. One post does not a thread make. And of course you're not handing out a little badge to everyone who posted in a thread of the year thread - the award goes to the thread itself.

The point is not to hand out badges, the point is to recognize the best aspects of our community. The point isn't for one person to get a thing to wear in their profile for a year...it's to hold up certain ideals and give them the recognition they deserve.

And I'll use your disclaimer, if you don't mind: committee, if I'm off-base here, please slap me down on this one. :hmmm:

Being new here, I don't want to ruffle too many feathers, but When I read Zombie, I was quite pleased to have become part of this community.

Having been a moderator on other fairly large forums in the past, I know what happens when trolls run free, and I was very surprised and pleased to see what this community did to that thread. It showed that no matter what is said, the community as a whole will stick together and try to continue to promote their main goal, which is enjoying the sub sim's and other like things.

As I said, reading that thread made my happy to be here. I Know I dont have a lot of to offer in historical research or knowledge, or mods, or even gameplay experience, but I would like to think that even wacko like me can find a home in a community like this.

Sailor Steve
12-05-10, 12:09 AM
I Know I dont have a lot of to offer in historical research or knowledge, or mods, or even gameplay experience, but I would like to think that even wacko like me can find a home in a community like this.
It's none of those things that make the community. It's the people. The people who contribute all those things and more. You do seem to have one of the most important traits that makes this forum tick - the enthusiasm. That's what counts the most. :sunny:

Jimbuna
12-05-10, 04:23 PM
It's none of those things that make the community. It's the people. The people who contribute all those things and more. You do seem to have one of the most important traits that makes this forum tick - the enthusiasm. That's what counts the most. :sunny:

Rgr that...on both counts http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

NeonSamurai
12-06-10, 12:10 AM
If it's not too late I would like to be on the committee myself. I feel that since I won moderator of the year last year, it should go to one of my fellow mods this year.

Aramike
12-06-10, 12:16 AM
If it's not too late I would like to be on the committee myself. I feel that since I won moderator of the year last year, it should go to one of my fellow mods this year.Sounds good to me. We were one short of the original plan anyway. I'll ask Neal to add you to the forum access list, then PM you with the details.

NeonSamurai
12-06-10, 08:45 AM
Great :DL

nikimcbee
12-07-10, 02:13 AM
I vote for krashkart!
Krashkart for mayor!

TarJak
12-07-10, 07:04 AM
I vote for krashkart!
Krashkart for mayor!
We need a mayor? I thought this was a benevolent dictatorship!:O:

Jimbuna
12-07-10, 03:59 PM
We need a mayor? I thought this was a benevolent dictatorship!:O:

It is? :hmmm:

TLAM Strike
12-07-10, 06:40 PM
I thought this was a benevolent dictatorship!:O:

No, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune... :yep::yep::yep:

Takeda Shingen
12-07-10, 07:05 PM
No, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune... :yep::yep::yep:

Yes, we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all of the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting.

antikristuseke
12-07-10, 07:14 PM
I would much prefer moistened tarts bestowing swords as a sign of supreme executive power.

Madox58
12-07-10, 08:39 PM
:hmmm:
I always thought of SubSim as a Kingdom.
Neal is the King,
The Moderators are his Knights,
We are the fiefs.

Or something like that.
:haha:

Takeda Shingen
12-07-10, 08:43 PM
Neal is the King,
We are the fiefs.

Or something like that.

No.....

Neal is the King
The mod-makers are the knights
The general membership are the fiefs
The moderators are the help-desk

antikristuseke
12-07-10, 08:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9j80Jkc_A

Takeda Shingen
12-07-10, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9j80Jkc_A

I didn't know Neal installed cameras in here!!

frau kaleun
12-07-10, 09:06 PM
No.....

Obligatory:

http://www.callcenterconsultant.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/set-you-on-fire.jpg

Obelix
12-08-10, 12:11 AM

+1:yeah:

Gunfighter
12-08-10, 06:53 AM

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/ABThing/Eye.jpg

Jimbuna
12-08-10, 08:25 AM

http://htomc.dns2go.com/anim/anim/PEEPHOLE.GIF

Jimbuna
12-08-10, 08:26 AM
Neal is the King,
We are the fiefs.

Or something like that.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9379/webcrusader.jpg

Krauter
12-08-10, 04:13 PM
When will the results be known :hmmm:

frau kaleun
12-08-10, 04:26 PM
When will the results be known :hmmm:

When the selection committee runs out of beer. :O:

Krauter
12-08-10, 04:45 PM
With all the beer bribes being sent in I'm sure that'll be a while :haha:

razark
12-08-10, 05:17 PM
I figured it would be at least the morning after they run out of beer. Most likely, late that morning.

Aramike
12-09-10, 02:34 AM
When the selection committee runs out of beer. :O:I make sure to stay well-stocked... :cool:

That being said, we plan to take suggestions until the 15th, vote on the nominations and have the winners announced by the 21st.

So keep any and all ideas flowing! :ping:

Herr-Berbunch
12-09-10, 09:48 AM
Can I nominate Neal for best post (or two):

... your account is being reviewed.Review concluded.:D Hands up if you didn't like that last post!

HunterICX
12-09-10, 10:51 AM
No.....

Neal is the King

Help-Desk?....they get all the fancy medieval titles :-?

Neal is the King,
Mod Makers are the Knights,
Members are the Fiefs,
Moderators are the Inquisitors

:O: there...that's better.

HunterICX

Herr-Berbunch
12-09-10, 11:03 AM
Help-Desk?....they get all the fancy medieval titles :-?

Neal is the King,
Mod Makers are the Knights,
Members are the Fiefs,
Moderators are the Inquisitors

:O: there...that's better.

HunterICX

Nobody expects the Spanish Moderators :D

http://images9.cpcache.com/product/280798449v3_480x480_Front.jpg

Jimbuna
12-09-10, 12:38 PM

That could be quite some time away hic!

Jimbuna
12-09-10, 12:39 PM

http://images9.cpcache.com/product/280798449v3_480x480_Front.jpg

We've just voted him Jester Of The Year :DL

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/eviljester2.gif

Dowly
12-10-10, 04:41 AM

Arclight

For his endless effort on hosting dedicated servers for different "unofficial" subsim games like Arma 1, Teamspeak, Minecraft, Arma 2 and others I don't remember for the past 2 years or so. Always willing to host if there is need.

Also, he is active on the tech support side of GT.

nikimcbee
12-10-10, 04:03 PM
We've just voted him Jester Of The Year :DL

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/eviljester2.gif
That was a subject...:hmmm:

Jimbuna
12-11-10, 08:13 AM
That was a subject...:hmmm:

It is now :DL

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/9501/liarrv1ed9.gif

Hitman
12-11-10, 01:01 PM

I'm the only spanish moderator, HunterIXC is only living here, and not really spaniard (But learning fast :har:)

Sailor Steve
12-11-10, 04:31 PM
I'm the only spanish moderator...
And he's a judge, too, folks, so behave yourselves. :D

Jimbuna
12-12-10, 07:23 PM
I'm the only spanish moderator, HunterIXC is only living here, and not really spaniard (But learning fast :har:)

http://www.thumbtackpress.com/browse/images/bobdob0006.jpg

Herr-Berbunch
12-13-10, 09:31 AM

But, but, but...:nope:

Maybe there should be both location and nationality list options, then we'd know which pervs from Australia live in Phuket, or which Canuck masquerades as an American... :yep:

Getting back OT, I nominate Frau's Lonely Downy pic for funny post :yeah:

Aramike
12-13-10, 06:11 PM
I nominate Frau's Lonely Downy pic for funny postLink please??? :|\\

Sailor Steve
12-13-10, 09:35 PM
Dowly posted a picture of himself in the 'Subsim Forum Members' thread in GT. Frau replied with this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1551729&postcount=1254

Jimbuna
12-14-10, 07:18 AM
I always thought unauthorised advertising of 'personal services' wasn't allowed on this forum :hmmm:

:03:

Sailor Steve
12-14-10, 07:48 AM
I always thought unauthorised advertising of 'personal services' wasn't allowed on this forum :hmmm:

:03:
I tried to call that number, the the link was dead. I feel cheated.

Jimbuna
12-14-10, 09:27 AM
I tried to call that number, the the link was dead. I feel cheated.

Me too :DL

Aramike
12-16-10, 03:19 AM
Dowly posted a picture of himself in the 'Subsim Forum Members' thread in GT. Frau replied with this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1551729&postcount=1254Holy crap that is funny. :haha:

Herr-Berbunch
12-16-10, 07:03 AM
It is, it should be his new sig :yep:

Jimbuna
12-16-10, 12:49 PM
Now that would really be something if Neal 'arranged' that :DL

frau kaleun
12-16-10, 12:56 PM
Now that would really be something if Neal 'arranged' that :DL

I could prolly whip up a banner-sized version... I'm just sayin'. :03:

Herr-Berbunch
12-16-10, 01:01 PM
Put it where the subsim fundraiser pic is, and keep it there until everyone pays $10 - or more!:D

frau kaleun
12-16-10, 01:05 PM
Put it where the subsim fundraiser pic is, and keep it there until everyone pays $10 - or more!:D

I think it was already established in the Fundraiser thread that if you donate over a certain amount, you get a date with Neal.

Perhaps if you donate nothing... Dowly gets a date with you?

:O:

antikristuseke
12-16-10, 01:15 PM
But, but I'm broke!:o

Herr-Berbunch
12-16-10, 02:06 PM
Maybe Neal will go easy and give you a choice of Downley or an angry wombat! :O:

antikristuseke
12-16-10, 02:12 PM
At least the Wombat wouldnt drink the last of my booze.

Jimbuna
12-17-10, 06:13 AM
At least the Wombat wouldnt drink the last of my booze.

Pass it over here and I'll look after it for ya :sunny:

frau kaleun
12-17-10, 08:19 AM
Pass it over here and I'll look after it for ya :sunny:

http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/thumb/b/be/Ackbar.jpg/180px-Ackbar.jpg

Dowly
12-17-10, 05:46 PM
But, but I'm broke!:o

Awww, you could just ask! :03:

Jimbuna
12-18-10, 05:42 AM
So how much do you charge for a date Dowly?

TarJak is too frightened to ask you himself :DL

Herr-Berbunch
12-18-10, 08:29 AM
Jim, you're a judge - stop writing all these funny posts I want to nominate!

Jimbuna
12-19-10, 02:39 PM
Jim, you're a judge - stop writing all these funny posts I want to nominate!

Oh, don't let that stop you, simply nominate them under my secondary account....Neal Stevens :03:

Madox58
12-27-10, 05:25 PM
Is the beer gone yet?

Gerald
12-27-10, 05:32 PM
Very likely, :DL

Jimbuna
12-27-10, 09:16 PM
Is the beer gone yet?

You know me better than most here Jeff....of course it has

frau kaleun
12-28-10, 10:25 AM
You know me better than most here Jeff....of course it has

B double E double R U N
Beer run
B double E double R U N
Beer run
All we need is a ten and a fiver
A car and a key and a sober driver
B double E double R U N
Beer run!

TarJak
12-28-10, 05:22 PM
I've just popped out to get some more:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/midnight_sun/blog/_pony%20beer4.jpg_

Jimbuna
12-29-10, 04:29 PM
I've just popped out to get some more:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/midnight_sun/blog/_pony%20beer4.jpg_

Jeebus, Heineken!....Even worse than Foster's! :o

Madox58
12-29-10, 05:12 PM
Who, in thier right mind , would send Tarjak on the Beer Run to start with?

Sailor Steve
12-29-10, 05:50 PM
That leaves out pretty much all of us.

Next question. :O:

Madox58
12-29-10, 05:58 PM
So...............
The Lunatics ARE running the Asylum then?

Sailor Steve
12-29-10, 06:02 PM
You're catch on quickly, Grasshopper. :yep:

Madox58
12-29-10, 06:27 PM
Hey!
I can handle that!
:yeah:
I always vote Lunatic anyway.
Just cause they're crazy?
Don't make them Stupid.

TarJak
12-29-10, 06:43 PM
Well I'm not stupid enough to be buying Heineken for meself. That's for jimbuna.

Madox58
12-29-10, 06:53 PM
Paste a Brown Dog label over the can?
I doubt he'd notice.

TarJak
12-29-10, 08:17 PM
Paste a Brown Dog label over the can?
I doubt he'd notice.
:haha:Not if I feed jim a Fosters first. :D 2 can screamer that he is.

Dowly
12-29-10, 08:23 PM
Out of 154 posts, give or take 29 are about what this thread is for.

Shame on you.

TarJak
12-29-10, 08:30 PM

Shame on you.
I feel no shame. That gene never made it. :p I nominate dowly for on topic policeman of 2010.

frau kaleun
12-29-10, 08:37 PM

Don't look at me, I specifically said a sober driver. :O:

frau kaleun
12-29-10, 08:39 PM

I guess that means it finally qualifies as a nominee for Thread of the Year. :O:

antikristuseke
12-30-10, 08:28 AM

Shame on you.

Yeah, shame on those 29.

Jimbuna
12-30-10, 08:04 PM
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! :rock:

Meet up and form the bond :sunny:

Aramike
12-31-10, 02:46 AM

Shame on you.:har::har:

Standard ratio.